A Happy Day ...but I'm now angry not scared

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

RachyLou

A Happy Day ...but I'm now angry not scared

Postby RachyLou » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:30 am

we had a phone call to day from our lawyer, CPS have had to drop our case, lack of evidence and the state doctor stated that he is 95% sure that my step daughters spiral fracture in her leg IS NOT physical abuse by my boyfriend, which we stated all along as childen who jump from bed to bed can sometimes have accidents....
the lawyer told me that the caseworker is worried that we might now sue....you better ya bottom dollar we might.
they are lifting the proctection order this afternoon and my boyfriend should be back home with us tonight. I now feel i want to make an exmaple of this caseworker and the doctor who statred this nightmare, not just for us but for everyone eles out there who is going thru the same thing..... Im delighted the case has beeen dropped but im also angry that they have put us thru this..... last week they told us, that my boyfrind could have vistiation with the children they didnt set it up, the children think dad has left them and are so scared that i will do the same, my step daughter clings to me at night as she thinks that if she goes to sleep i wont be there in the morning when she wakes up, my step son he has just closed up on me and where he was once an out going child he is now very confussed and gets angry very quickly, and i think CPS should now pay for family therepy, but they are saying NO.......
My boyfriend just wnats to forget the whole thing...me well ... you dont back a woman into a corner and NOT expect her to come out fighting........ as much as they are only my step children.... they are my own and i love them dearly...... they threatened my family do they really think im just gonnna lay down and take this.....

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 am

GREAT NEWS!! Just FYI though, You can't sue CPS as an entity but YOU CAN SUE CASEWORKERS individually... just make sure you cast a large net and make the homewreckers pay for the Hell they put y'all through.

stopevilnow

Postby stopevilnow » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:36 am

I agree! The only way they are going to stop doing what they do is to be held responsible for all the misery they cause! After a few caseworkers get sued, the others will stop to think. If nobody does anything, the caseworkers will get bolder and think that nobody will ever oppose them. It's time for us all to fight back.

I say do it....not only for yourself and the heartache you've been put through, but for your kids. They've been through hell too.

Good luck - you're paving the way for a better future.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

IMO, suing a caseworker will not solve anything. most of them only have a short term job expectancy, so after this goes, it will be replaced by two more. it reminds me of greek methology, you know you cut off the head of the beast and two more grow back, inorder to kill it you had to burn the head off. if i am not mistaken a class action lawsuit can be filed if a pattern of abuse an be found by an agency, but in order to do that you have to find more people willing to do something. from what i found, most people want to complain, but no one wants to fix. i have opened myself up to the community i live in and everyone wants help, but no one wants to tell their story openly. most of this comes from fear, i mean you taking on the big dawgs, a state organization who has a whole legal team and most of your stand will be work you do on your own.
if you can file a lawsuit, that will be wonderful, another problem you have will be finding an attorney to represent you. i have found that most attorney, although they think cps/dfcs/dfc are wrong in their actions, will not take on the state. the money/motivation is not there. BUT IF YOU FIND ONE WHO IS WILLING TO TAKE ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR MULTIPLE STATES I WILL BE WILLING TO JOIN AS MOST PEOPLE ON HERE WOULD BE TOO.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 am

I say shut the whole thing down! Let the Police handle the investigations and make decisions whether the children were indeed abused or neglected then transferred to Foster Care System temprorarily until they transfer the child to their relative Care. We have to fix the Foster Care System too. :roll:

If the police were to take investigations, the unnecessary cases will be cut in half. CAS has full blown unnecessary cases that should not have been started in the first place. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:56 am

katgotsteve wrote: BUT IF YOU FIND ONE WHO IS WILLING TO TAKE ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR MULTIPLE STATES I WILL BE WILLING TO JOIN AS MOST PEOPLE ON HERE WOULD BE TOO.
I know someone who would be capable and I can almost guarantee is willing to organize something like this... let me talk to my friends about it.
Personally, I am afraid to get involved right now. I'm already the target of a personal grudge within the system. The county attorney, ad litem, and a CPS supervisor feel like they got pie thrown in their face and are trying to make an example of me.

( I might have do delete this...dang...paranoid... )

stopevilnow

Postby stopevilnow » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:16 am

Same thing with a friend of mine. They were able to prove CPS at fault for negligence and forced the judge (a CPS judge no less) into doing the right thing and returning the baby to relatives. The CPS supervisor let the caseworker take all the blame even though being a supervisor (duh!) she should have been at fault too.

Needless to say, it's not over yet and they've got the family in their crosshairs. However, after much screaming to the press, lawyers, supervisors and plenty of recorded evidence against CPS, they are backing down a LOT.

They prey on your fear. I can totally understand though considering an innocent is in their clutches.

(This info came to me via email about a class action suit against CPS)

Register for Proposed National Class Action
This links to a form for a class action initiative by attorney Barbara C. Johnson.
She's looking for families who have been financially or otherwise harmed by CPS.
Barbara's website: http://www.falseallegations.com/

This woman is supposedly starting up a class action suit. I haven't done a lot of investigation into it, but will as time allows. However, I wanted to share this with everyone here just in case.

We still need to make the biggest stink possible to all in government who will listen, and if they don't listen - we need to scream even louder!
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Beware of Child Advocacy groups who file a class action lawsuit which results in increased funding for the agencies, more caseworkers and increased adoptions. Most of the lawsuits have resulted in this.

They are backed by wealthy child-caring institutions who hope to profit from all this. I suspect that they are backed by drug companies which hope to make a profit by drugging more children in foster care.

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:45 am

Ya, I think I'm going to just sit this one out...

RachyLou

Postby RachyLou » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 am

I hear the for and against...... and im doing thru the correct channels....we are meeting with the cps and the case worker 1st...and making an offical complaint.....and also meeting with the cheif of police...as stuff they wrote and have said has to be honest been untruths and unjust....our lawyer is helping with all this as she see's that they have done is is as angry as us....if we dont get anywhere..then so be it but at lest we tried...and if we dont try they will think they can walk all over us again and again.....and I for one wont be backed into a corner like this again.....
its a personal choice to stand and fight and i totally understand ppl who dont want and i repect that 100%..... but for me its a case of ill fight till i cant fight no more....like i said you dont back a woman into a corner and threaten her family and expect her to not come out fighting.....

stopevilnow

Postby stopevilnow » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 am

Be careful about letting CPS know before hand. I've done a lot of reading and have found out that when they get the info someone is going to sue them or have their day in court, they close their files to everyone so they can plan their defense. The best thing is to get your info first, then let them know!

Good luck with your case. Don't give up and don't let them threaten you. Take lots of notes, get as many pictures as you can and get the transcripts from court.

God Bless!

Return to “CPS Investigations”