Help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

Help

Postby pebbles04 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:26 am

wanted to ask someone if they knew what I could do..I have been through a prior investigation..my kids were taken and placed up for adoption..well two of them and currently have rights to one as she lives with her dad and recently lost my one due to reasons of NOT being able to get to the state she was in...but I recently had a baby. When they asked me the questions of how many births I had of course I had to answer the questions...and when I did they become nosy and began to ask questions about the situation...like oh you got your hands full and when I said they dont reside with me they then asked me where they were..hell I was in labor therefore I didnt feel the reason for the questions. So I told them that I was not getting into it at the moment..why the hell would I considering the fact I was in active labor. Well anyways..so there was a nurse that must have investigated my situation and found out about my other kids so they turned around and called CPS and then I got a call when my son was 2 weeks old. The report that came in was that she was concerned as she THOUGHT that I didnt have my other kids due to social services getting involved and taking them. First off how would you just automatically assume that and not think that maybe the child resided with the father due to a custody battle.?? Secondly where was the concern...there wasnt as they didnt see my interaction with my child. They just took it upon theirselves to start stuff due to past history. Well anywho..I got a call from an agency that said that Social Services in the city I am in does NOT come out they send these agencies that advocate for them and if they see nothing they report there was nothing and the opposite effect. So I let them come here while my sister was here with me considering my past history I know how deceitful they can be. So while they were here they asked if I wanted their services and I told them that I didnt really want it but that if it was going to be beneficial then I didnt have a problem with it but that trust was a factor. They told me that due to a hearing that I have with my oldest daughter in another state that it would be good for me to accept services so they could come out and see me interact with my child and see my living conditions and so on and so on and then write me a character witness or something similar and it should help my case with my daughter. So I jumped at the chance to except their services as they didnt want to let up anyways. Well within a week and a half they started acting a little strange. They told me that the past history was NOT going to matter because it was so long ago and so much had changed in my life. I got married last year to a great guy and he is active duty navy and then I have a very supportive family as well as in-laws...I have had a great experience with them. And not to mention we do not live in some public housing or anything and we have money (not to do all this stuff though) and we are not getting any form of state aide. I am not into drugs...I am not sleeping around or selling myself. My son is taken care of ...breastfed...and he has gained quite a bit of weight...and then he has so many clothes and they are clean. My house is clean and there is NOTHING wrong with a thing. They began to come out and tell me that I had to do a psychological eval. and a parenting eval. I know how those work and I am not willing to do those due to lack of communication and the fact that I know that people get stiffed all the time. So I asked her if I was a founded case and she told me that no I was not, but that they recommended that I do those. Then when I said what if I dont want to do them she told me that the social worker would probably court order it. Mind you I am NOT a founded case. So I made sure of that..so she called the social worker one day and she asked her if it was going to impact things if I decided not to do this....the social worker (as she says) said that she wanted me to do those and I had to..not that it was recommended anymore. Then she told me that they were going to contact the agency of CPS that I had been through in a different city to inquire on what happened before...yet again keep in mind they told me that I was not founded and this is all a volunteer thing because I didnt have to accept their services and did to make sure that they didnt think I was resistant ( as they have used in the past) and that it would be beneficial to my older daughters case. They then told my husband after returning from his deployment that we needed to go and file for custody..and that right there sent up a red flag to me. So basically what I am trying to do is ask some people if they see something suspicious about this entire thing as I do or if there is nothing for me to worry about? I reside in virginia so if there is anyone that knows this area better then please let me know. I just wanted to get some input from some people. Sorry I havent been on here lately but when I lost my kids I didnt feel that I had time to get on here because I am still fighting that..and ran out of time..you know not enough time in a day...
Please someone help me...
Jenn
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Return to “CPS Investigations”