Help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mom2boys

Postby mom2boys » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Frustrated,
Your right, over and over, Im noticing that the cps/dc book says, within 30 days closed a referral if unable to locate the children or alleged abuser.
MAYBE THIS IS THE KEY WHEN THEY SHOW UP.???!!!
God grant me the wisdon to have the courage to make a difference. Its not legal advise, knowledge is just power.~brick by brick, they shall fall.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 am

Why don't you just call your local cps office & ask them if they do indeed use this agency that the lady represents to come out?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 am

I went back and was looking at past paperwork and it does have the department of social services on it so I know that they are in dealings with them...
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Just because it has the word "Social Services" on it does not mean that they really are social services themselves. Does it have the name of a VA locality on it?

Does it also have the name of Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters on it - on the same document?

What is the document about? Is it a Safety Plan?

Here is the link for information about Standby Guardianship.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... d+16.1-352

You and your husband can designate someone to care for your child in case anything happens. It is kind of like a will. You need to have it.

Mommyof3cutiez06

Postby Mommyof3cutiez06 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm just curious about one thing-how did you lose the other kids? What were their reasons for taking them and did you do safety plans etc? Were your rights actually terminated? Just trying to see how it relates to this case at all

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:26 am

There is an entire thing on my kids...if you go to past posts they should still have my other posts listed as well as there is a websited linked to my profile that has quite a bit of information and if you have any additional questions that are NOT in that site then please feel free to ask me...
thanks
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 am

How are you doing?

If the people you have been dealing with are really government Virginia Department of Social Services, then "not cooperating" with them could generate a "Risk" report. I wouldn't want that to happen to you. You said that "not cooperating" for your previous cases was a problem, and you didn't want that to happen again.

So you are caught in a situation where "cooperating" and "not cooperating" can both benefit Social Services. Nobody can advise you on this, you just have to use your judgement on each particular situation.

But going along with somebody who is not really a government agency seems like something that needs to be resolved, and find out what the motivation is for thier involvement.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:07 pm

mmmm that sounds familiar. I remember a while back I co-operated for the first few years, really good co-operating, then they keep on coming back and lied to us. So I don't co-operate any longer and they keep on coming back regardless. They will use both against us. But anything you tell them can be used against you. Then I used the CFSA (Child and Family Services ACT for Canada) against them and the Law. They always states "Ministry rules" so I use "Ministry Rules" against. It helps when you have knowledge and widsom and know your rights and the Law is Power. It works. When you use the rules and the law back against them, they stop on coming back (well for now anyways) but I know they will be back. But we are always prepared and ready. We also have surprises ready for them. Preparation is the key and organization is the key, and stay one step ahead of them. Think what are they planning "next?"

That's why I recommend to update everything else so they can't use anything against you and yeah, a clean house. :lol: They will think of anything else like nitpick. So update everything else right down to a "T's".
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”