Questions???

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

katgotsteve

Questions???

Postby katgotsteve » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:10 pm

i have question that maybe someone can answer, i cant even get a straight answer from my attorney.

here is what i know, i have a court order that keeps my husband out of my home, but it expires on August 28, 2007. which is 12 months from the time cps got involved.
if this court order expires and cps does not ask for an extention, does this take them out of my life?
can my husband come home?
is it up to them to renew the court order?
how long and how many times can the keep renewing when the allegations all remain unfounded/unsubstaniated and there are not criminal charges?
will the judge listen to us this time or does cps just get to make allegations?

i live in georgia and i just cant get an answer that is straight from anyone. i cant even get an answer not straight forward.
even a point in the right direction would be helpfule to me.
thank yall ahead of time

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm

I don't think anyone can answer this question - because we don't know what the judge will decide or if he'll allow you to speak.

I can only tell you that I've known someone in a similar case that allowed a boyfriend to move back into the home when she thought it was all over and forgotten. And the next thing she knew, CPS was at the door taking all the children, not just the one who had supposedly been abused.

So personally, I'd be very hesitant about letting him move back in unless a judge says it is okay.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 am

i was thinking same thing. i no longer have child who made the allegation. she has lived in state custody now and has just moved in with my mom in another state. i had her for 4 years, i dealt with her behavior, the school dealt with her behavior, the got her for a few months, got all these diagnosis--bipolar disorder with mania and put her on all these meds. when i had her, not one psychologist gave me a diagnosis. not one, i saw quite a few.
i have a therapist who is "providing service" to my family. she just told me that her husband is a da in another county and she doesnt understand this case. she knows that no charges will ever be files and the fact that the cops didnt get involved with us should scream volumes to the court.
she has also read our "family plan". it read like this:
AREA OF CONCERN: CHILD MALTREATMENT

*GOALS:
MR. AND MRS. WILLIAMS WILL ADDRESS THE HISTORICAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS AS WELL AS TEH CURRENT PROBLEMS THAT THE FAMILY IS FACING.

STEPS/SERVICES
* MR. AND MRS WIILLIAMS WILL ADDRESS THROUGH THERAPY WITH ALICE MCKEE THE PAST AND PRESENT FAMILY BEHAVIORS THAT AFFECT CURRENT SITUATION.
* MR. AND MRS. WILLIAMS WILL ADDRESS HISTORICAL FAMILY BEHAVIORS THAT HAVE IMPACTED CHILDREN NEGATIVELY.
* MR. AND MRS WILLIAMS WILL ADDRESS SPECIFIC ACTS OF FAMILY MEMBERS TAHT HAVE FACILITATED IMPULUSIVE DECISION MAKING, INCREASING RISK TO CHILDREN.
*THERAPIST WILL USE BEHAVIORS AND ACTS OF THE PAST AND PRESENT TO HIELP PROMOTE GOOD DECISION MAKING AND IMPULSE CONTROL.
* CASE MANAGER WILL MONITOR THE PROCESS.

I have read this several times, here is my point. if the therapist doesnt know what she is suppose to be doing, then how can she do it. the fact that my sister married a child molestor and then does drugs leading her children to have emotional problems should not affect me, but i am told by dfacs that who my sister chooses to marry affects my family so that family history becomes my family history. i did not know at the time that her husband and his father had been accused of child molestation, basically i should have had esp and know stuff was going to happen. my therapist also says that she does not see an impulsive decision making issue, if anything i talk myself out of my impulse decision and i have a undieing need to help, i think it is my responsibility to help the other children, i often put myself at risk by wanting to do what is right. one thing that they have harped on is the fact that my stepson who was 11 had my daughter who was 4 touch his penis one time. after therapy, it was decided that he was 11 and curious. they have continually used this against us. we all stepped up and got therapy, except my duaghter, becuase i was told it would cause more damage. dfacs now says that becuase i did not get her therapy that i was causing her harm, i was doing as the therapist said to do, this new therapist and all that i have talked to since all say that it was the right choice, i could have caused more damage. they say she was 4 what would therapy have done, just keep enforcing it was wrong and she was right to come forward. that is what i did.
how do i win this? a lawyer can take so much and twist it. if dfacs knew all this, why did they approve us to become foster parents? why did they place my nieces in my house?

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 am

btw, my daughter is now 12 and well rounded and loving child. she has no adverse effects except what she is forced to go through now. i got my own therapy for her and that Doctor, yes a true doctor, told me that she will mellow out as soon as things are back to normal and that the longer it drags out the more damage that can possibly done to the father/daughter relationship.
dfacs and my mom and the current therapist, want me to contact my niece and tell her how i feel. what will that do? i talked to this same doctor about it, he told why the hell should i, he knows this child, he also offered her therapy for several months, he says why should i talk to someone who has no remorse for what she has put us through, or shows no emotion at all. his first words to my daughter and other niece during our first visit was, i bet that your home life is alot less stressful with "my niece" being gone.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:44 pm

That is B.S. Why is she dwelling on the Past?
Past is already done, and done with! Past is the past. Done. No revisiting the past, because it is already done.
Present is what we deal with today. and tomorrows, to better ourselves. does that make sense?

I think she is looking for Past Abuses, and Pattern of Abuse to apply to this case. That's what she is doing. She would think "you will do it again". You know that's the kind of things they are talking about. Then there is Future Risk of Harm. They will apply to this later on if the Past, present is not dealth with. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:58 pm

I am having a meeting with my caseworker and my new caseworker on friday. i would think past is past, but why use everyone else's past against me. lets concentrate on my past, my husband's past, not my sister's and her husband's and steve's exwife.
i am being punished for guilt by association, i didnt choose my family, i didnt choose my sister's husband or whoever she reproduced with her. how can this be my family plan if it has nothing to do with my actions? shouldnt my punishment be for my actions and my mistakes?

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:38 pm

i had the meeting yesterday with my therapist and my caseworker.
basically here what is said...dfacs was pushing for steve to return to home. they have found nothing wrong in our parenting, we have made a few questionable decisions, but they are not criminal or even warrant them in our lives. our case is court ordered. the one thing that i dont really like is the wording of our caseplan, but i was told that was to make the judge see that we are putting an effort and so she can not order anymore stuff. they are trying to get off our case.

now to throw a monkey wrench in my life, i found out today i am pregnant. i am 33, my husband is 44 and our daughter is 12. do you think this will matter in court? i am not telling them right now, but eventually i have to.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:12 pm

Whoaa !

I don't know, but God Bless.

Return to “CPS Investigations”