is this for real or am I dreaming?!?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

royal_alez

is this for real or am I dreaming?!?

Postby royal_alez » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:43 am

I went to my meeting today.. and they said we would have a trial run.. the girls get to spend the weekend with me! Get dropped off Friday at 6pm and picked up Sunday at 6 pm.. If all goes well they will be home June 29th.. According to the papers I signed.
can this be real? I dont want to get my hopes up since CPS has lied to me before.. But I really do want this to be true.

Also CPS stated that if I appeal that the case will stay open and I will go to court. Nothing wrong w/ that. I want to go to court. I want them to prove to a judge that I am guilty as they have NO proof. But the case worker can show up w/ out notifying me .. do surprise visits? Do I have to let them check on my daughters? I see no reason why I would want them in my home. They have already messed up my life and my daughters lives as well.

Dannan

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:12 pm

What kind of papers did you sign?

I am not convinced they had a legitimate case against you in the first place. You said they could produce no paperwork.

I am not convinced that they legally placed your children in the first place. They are not supposed to remove children without a court order and I thought you had never been to court.

I hope you haven't opened up a new can of worms by signing papers unwittingly.

I am glad you are getting your children, but did you sign onto something that will start what they led you to believe was already started months ago illegally?

There are so many cases on here, and so many threads, so correct me if I have the wrong impression about your case.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:43 pm

I signed a letter that states Dannan, Robert and relative placement understands that children will be placed back in home on June 29, 2007 if no further concerns.
Dannan and Robert will ensure that they will make themselves available for monthly contact w/ them and children and inform York DSS of there whereabouts at all times.
And that we basically agree to cooperate w/ york dss / cps as long as we have an open case.. And also states that the girls will be spending the weekend w/ us.

You are right we never went to court.. there were no court orders to remove the girls from my care. I am still appealing there indicated decision against me so that I dont have that on my record. I want the truth to be known.

Dannan

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 pm

But the case worker can show up w/ out notifying me .. do surprise visits? Do I have to let them check on my daughters?

I don't have a very good feeling about this.

I am thinking that you just gave them a blank check.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:13 pm

its the same as them dropping by on Friday after she called me Friday morning and apologized for not showing up on Thursday to take pictures. She told me she would come next week ( which would be this week) and that she would call me on Monday to tell me when she was coming.
Instead she came by Friday after telling me that she wouldnt make it around until next week.. Anyways they took pics and opened my fridge and cabinets.. to take pics.
Although it doesnt say surprise visits in the paper I signed just that I have to make myself available to DSS.. Like I can control what days my fiancee will have off if they show up unexpected I am not going to answer the door. They will have wasted there time and gas since its at least a 45 min drive 1 way to get here. *shrugs* not my problem though. I will allow her to see girls just not in my house. Never in my house.. again

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 pm

I question whether your case is "indicated" yet. I hope you didn't sign up for a fishing expedition.

The children should not have been removed without a court order.

They have not produced your records.

Volunteer at the school and let them do a Central Registry check. If your name does not come up, then you are not indicated.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... ideall.pdf

page 60

Use of Records for Employment Screening
§ 20-7-690
The department is authorized to grant access to the records of indicated cases to the following agencies or
entities:
The Division for the Review of the Foster Care of Children for purposes of certifying that no potential
employee, nominee to, and member of the State or a local foster care review board is a subject of an indicated
report or affirmative determination
The Division of Guardian ad Litem, Office of the Governor, for purposes of certifying that no potential
employee or volunteer is the subject of an indicated report or an affirmative determination
The department is authorized to disclose information concerning an individual named in the Central Registry
of Child Abuse and Neglect as a perpetrator when screening of an individual’s background is required by
statute or regulation for employment, licensing, or any other purposes, or a request is made in writing by the
person being screened

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 pm

SC Central Registry link

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... esults.cfm

Maintenance
Citation: Ann. Code § 20-7-680

Perpetrators must be entered in the registry only by order of a court.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:17 pm

royal_alez wrote:Dannan and Robert will ensure that they will make themselves available for monthly contact w/ them and children and inform York DSS of there whereabouts at all times.

This would be the blank check that marina was talking about. Yes, you will still get visits as long as the case is open. Yes, you must still bow down to what ever they want as long as the case is open.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:25 pm

It also does NOT state that it must be at the home for visits, BUT IT CAN BE just "whereabouts" so they can visit your home whenever they want. So if you go to Mc Donalds with the Kids, you must tell CPS where you are going. "The locations" are whereabouts.

Yes, it is like a blank check for them to use anything against you. Even if you are going to Walmart, they must know about it. And if you did not tell them if you are going to mamma's house, they can use this against you. and vice versa.

It also states that you must be ready to be available AT THEIR OWN TIME. So that mean they can go in your house whatever or whenever they want, at any time, 24 hours/7.

Is there an expiry date? Usually the plan has an expiry date on it, on the front page with name and the back has signature and date.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

sarahjones

Postby sarahjones » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:28 pm

you dont have to tell them everytime you leave the house! thats stupid of you to even think

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 pm

sarahjones:
you dont have to tell them everytime you leave the house! thats stupid of you to even think

? I dont know what you are trying to say with this comment.

They will have the case open as long as I appealed the indicated decision.. They said CPS will take me to court.. and since they will be taking me to court - they need the case to be open..

I know they dont have enough to indicate my case as why would they hurry up and say girls can come home after I have contacted the governors office and the mayor and the senators office.. I even called the state director.. emailed them all.

Anyone and everyone that I thought would be able to do something. *shrugs* I will bring my proof to court since the criminal charges are dropped ~ than in my opinion the indicated decision against me should go away as well since they used the state prosecuting me as a reason to indicate the case!

They said they must know where we are because I moved while they were investigating me.. I think they thought I thought I could hide.. but why would I they have had the most important things ( they arent things but.. ) that I have in my life my children. My whole reason for living and all that good stuff is so that I can be there for them. I told them we arent moving again and my case workers supervisor said "how do we know that?" If we move we have to tell them.. as long as there is a open case.

They are wanting to see all of us. So if thats the case they might not want to do surprise visits as Robert isnt going to come home for there visit.. Waste gas and money and possibly get fired just because they want him here when they come see us.. I think not. As is he has to take off work when ever they say. Which isnt reasonable.. in order to be able to provide for the girls we need $.. I thought they would of known that already..

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Well, you just signed a plan, which stated, that you must inform them of your "whereabouts" at ALL TIMES.

If you go out of the door, you must tell them. every time.

I know what Sarahjones means is that you don't have to tell them "every second, every minute where you are going out of the house". But surely CPS can use this against you. After all, you just signed an agreement.

It must be pain in the "butt" having to tell them every minute, every second where you are going. It is absurd and silly. It is like telling them "I am going to the bathroom" ok???? It is invasion of your privacy.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:45 pm

i have talked to my caseworker about this becuase my plan said it also. when i questioned her on it she changed to it read if we move or go out of town. no judge will enforce you leaving the house and calling them. they would get so upset if you called and said we are walking out the door to go to the grocery store and after that i am stopping at a convience store for gas and oh yeah i might stop by a friends house for an hour. we may grill out so it maybe longer, they will majorly start ignoring you.
you can ask them to revise some of the wording, it is your right, i have had my caseplan rewritten 3 times.

Return to “CPS Investigations”