Questions about home burning down & CPS

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kristensmommy

Questions about home burning down & CPS

Postby kristensmommy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:10 am

My apt burned down Friday. I lost everything my son & I own. Do y'all think CPS is going to give me problems now since I have an open case?

Annette

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:34 am

i am so sorry to hear about that. it is hard to loss everything and plus deal with cps. do you have somewhere to stay? as long as you have a roof over your child's head, even a temporary one, you should be fine. if they are trying to take your child, they may use it against you. you may want to move out of the county you are in to try to get the case dropped. each county handles things differently and it may get dropped. hang in there, remember it is up to you to defend your child, so keep your head up.
kat

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:55 pm

Stay with Relatives until this tides over and try find another Apartment with the help from Salvation Army. Salvation Army will give you needs for fire emergency protecton. They will give you furnitures, clothes, and whatever you need and sometimes food.

With an open case, they will follow you wherever you moving to. Does not matter where. Even out of county or State. Wait till the case gets closed, then move out of there. The Worker might try to be a pain in the arse stating you are improverished, have no money, poor, uneducated, which all of these are what CPS are counting on. They might offer Services Plan to you to make you find an Apartment, find a job, get money, all the needs for your Child. Do not sign the Services. Get it on your own with help from Salvation Army or other private Agency. You would be better off with Private Services, then CPS Services where they know everything about what goes on with you and your Child. Get your own Services at your own accord. If they ask you that you should take counselling, take it elsewhere. If they are asking you to find an apartment, you are doing it already. Get help elsewhere. Anywhere but not with CPS. These CPS People are not trustworthy, they are capable of tricking you out of a bad situation. It is like working with the devil and making a deal with them.
Do all the work on your own, with help from your Family, your Relatives and extended Families. You are better off to protect your own Family Interests than CPS meddling into your problems and pounce on it. You don't need that.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”