CPS will not leave us alone.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Susan9

CPS will not leave us alone.

Postby Susan9 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:34 pm

My family is under supervision by the county welfare and my case is to end in November, now they have come up with new things they want me to do to close my case, including putting our children in daycare. My husband and I both work and my aunt watches our kids.
The casworker called me at work, and told me if I did not put my 2 kids in daycare they would extend our case. I called my lawyer who was livid.
Our case was orginally referred to CPS by a former neighbor who got mad because I told her to keep her children and dog off my lawn. The neighbor I did not know at the time is a former CPS worker (retired) and is pulling all the strings, her friends have racked us over the coals.
When we first went to court they sent us both for drug testing- found no drugs, then tried to say we were not taking kids to MD, we were, had to give records. Then decided our home was 2 small, each child( both boys) needed their own room. So we moved to a much better place. ( All stupid stuff). We have never had an indicated case of abuse or neglect against us.
Now that supervision is too end they want us to go for parenting classes and the kids sent to daycare.( None of this was part of their orginal discussion with us.)This all began last Nov.by the way. Reason-they are too bonded to my aunt. Since when cannot family watch your children. :cry: My aunt is a retired teacher 57, and in excellent health, she teaches the kids, letters, colors, etc, takes them on "field trips. She is every mother's dream. They)welfare) have even been to her home to make sure it was adequate !
My husband has the opportunity to get a better job and we are considering moving to Seattle, do we have to wait until this supervision is over or can we just leave with our kids. We have custody with the county.
Thanks,
Sue

Kenneth2816

Postby Kenneth2816 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:31 pm

The answer to your question about moving depends on if there was any court action, or if you willingly signed an agreement to "accept services" and agreed to this supervision.

You mention your attorney. He would truly be the one to ask. If a court has ruled that CPS has legal custody and you have physical custody, then I believe if you left the state, you could be charged with kidnapping

If you move to a county within the same state, your case will usually still be controlled by the county of origin, but there are no laws which can stop you from moving as long as you notify CPS.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:40 pm

Moving away can be on the list of "risk factors" in the CPS policy manual.

Yes, find out more.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:48 pm

I'm sorry for what you are going through!!!!

I WOULD NOT put my kids in daycare if you do not want to NOR attend parenting classes....LET them take it to court!!!!!!!

I don't think ANY judge would ORDER you to put your kids in daycare "because they are too bonded with their aunt." That is the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!!!!!!

One of the saddest thing in our American culture is that families no longer or rarely HAVE family living near by to serve as close knit extended family, as a support system, for encourgaement, etc.

It's a BLESSING you all have that!!!!

The kids are MUCH better off being cared for by their aunt than in daycare. A judge would be impressed with the fact that she is a retired school teacher, as SHOULD cps.

It's disgusting that a former cps worker is pulling strings by calling in on ya'll.

Has cps been involved with your family in the past?

I assume you signed a "service plan" & that is why they were able to get you to do drug testing, move to a larger place, etc.

IF you already signed one AND daycare & parenting classes were NOT on it, than DON'T "voluntarily" do it now. MAKE them take you to court!!!!!

I know you might want to comply so that the case can be over in Nov. But, it's likely they will just KEEP adding things & WHY should your children have to go to daycare?

I can't believe they said the boys HAD to have their own rooms!!!!!!! That is unbelievable!!!! What are their ages?

Have them go through your lawyer.

Keep us posted.

Return to “CPS Investigations”