I am pregnant

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sabrinasmom

I am pregnant

Postby sabrinasmom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:12 pm

My little girl is currently in temporary custody, I havent even received my case plan yet, they are in no hurry its not their baby. But I just found out that I am pregnant. I am afraid thay will find out. Will they take my baby when she is born? I should be finished w my case plan by then, but who knows with dcf. I am so upset at the thought of having a baby and them ripping her away from me too.

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:57 pm

As much as I would like to say no they won't or they cannot do that, the chance is very high that yes they will take the new baby. I know this because they took my grandson the minute he turned two days old. My granddaughter was already in foster incarsiraton whe he was born. Please read and learn all you can, the more you learn and learn to beat them with thier own rules and the laws of your state, the more chance you have of winning.

You will be in my prayers and learn, learn, learn!!!

Lorrie Shaw
Fixcps.org
We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep.

Carl Von Ossietzky
1889-1938
German Pacifist and Journalist

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Congrats! I'm sorry that this happy time for you is going to be so messed up. I'd hide the pregnancy as long as I could if I were you. My kids were not taken but I hid my pregnancy as long as I could anyway. Because my other kids were not taken they did not take this one he is 9mos now. Now they keep asking if I had a tubal or if I'm going to have more. Umm none of your busness!

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Congratulations. It's sad that you're forced to worry about the new baby because of them. If it's been more than 30 days since they invaded your life, file a complaint with the state CPS office and the prosecutor. It's a violation of federal law for them to not give you a case plan within 30 days. It might help, since they like to pick on people who they think don't know their rights or are afraid to use them.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:10 pm

I was just wondering do you have family out of state? There might be a loop hole here. If you had family or a friend who you really trusted you could clame you are pregnant and are planning to put the child up for adoption. A private adoption to a relative/friend. See anyone can put a child up for adoption and when doing so you can pick the parents. If you followed the process you have 6 months that you can change your mind and if you did this that buys you more time to finish the case and once your case is closed you could say oh I changed my mind and if the person was a close friend or family member who is trust worthy they would not fight you. You end up with both kids but I would move from the state your in now and never go back. It was just an idea I have no idea if it would work or not or even if you'd want to look into it. I'm just trying to think of ways you could have a less stressful pregnancy. I'm not even sure that would be legal but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Also if you have to apply for a medical card for the pregnancy cps will find out your pregnant but it might take a while. I do recommend you find some way to get prenatal care though. If for now you could pay for it privatly I would do that. I've just been thinking of this post since I read it and it just bugs me to no end that state worker can make an expectant mom so stressed during a pregnacy they should be arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child for that. What you do to a mother while she is pregnant is the same as doing that to a child. Pm me if you just want to blow off steam I delt with them while I was pregnant too and it made it my most stressful least enjoyable pregnancy.

glass

Postby glass » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:17 pm

i was pregnant twice when my kids were in dhs custody and not only did they not take them, they didnt even notice that i had them or anything, no physical custody or any of that. but what you could do is go out of state for a while to have it.. because when you come back, they cant automatically take it if the baby is a resident of another state. we moved to missouri and came back to oklahoma, and there wasnt a thing they could do. you will be fine :) congratulations!

Kenneth2816

Postby Kenneth2816 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Ok so in nine months...which is a long time....this will probably all be settled anyway. The ONLY requirement I am aware of where CPS will take a newborn is if the mother has had a prior TPR.

Or if there was the death of a child prior

Etc.

I would be cautious about whom you tell, and be discrete, but dont live in fear.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 pm

CPS can take a newborn with a court order for removal, and CSP can petition the court for that order.

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:55 am

CPS can and will remove a newborn if a another child is in thier custody, I know the laws say they cannot, but yes they do and they do it every day!! Do not even consider the adoption angle, you could lose your baby forever, however, I would suggest that you do a tempoary guardianship now for the baby. You can go the local courhouse and request the forms and then find someone whom trust, I mean really trust to take care of your baby to keep it from being in states custody. If I had done that, or even known about it, my grandson would have been with me, not in foster care. They took him at 2 days old and he finally spent the night in his home at the age of nine months. They will and do make you jump thru hoops to do everything they want and if its not as soon as they think you should do it, they start talking termination, I have been there and seen it done. again, I urge you to learn the laws of your state and get your states handbook, use that to your advantage and arm yourself. No one can do it for you, if you want your babies, LEARN!!!! Learn all you can.

You are my prayers,

Lorrie Shaw
Fixcps.org
We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep.

Carl Von Ossietzky

1889-1938

German Pacifist and Journalist

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:39 pm

I agree with Lorrie. Lying and stating that you are going to put your baby up for adoption to keep them from taking it, gives them more reason TO take it. You just open up the door to a whole mess.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:54 am

What I said may have not been the best advise it needs to be looked into more but to have somebody out of state willing to take the baby if this isn't over by then and giving them at least temp custody could cover it. I would even have the baby in another state if possible. don't tell them what state. What I have learned is the court orders don't carry from state to state. Each state has it's own way of doing things. What is considered "abuse/neglect" in one state may not be in another. For example no state says you can't use spanking but each state difines corpral punishment and "excessive" differntly. One state may specify no using belts/paddles/ or anything else andother state may just say don't leave a mark. It's just like one doctor may say your daughter had a "spiral fracture" another may say "no it's not it is a ....fracture" My first husbands daughter got into a fight with her boyfriend one had the kid by the ribs the other by the leg and were using her to play tug of war basically when she was 4mos old. Leg broken spiral fracture, ribs bruised. The child was removed to foster care and later placed with the boyfriends mother. By the kids first birthday she was with mom but the couple split up. I believe she did councling and parenting classes. She has not been bothered since and she moved out of county and is having another baby with her current boyfriend. She simply jumped through the hoops got the kid back and went on with her life. Now in another state she may have never gotten that child back. WV seems to be not -as -bad as other states but we still have some problems. Here it seems like they like to put you through as many outside helping agencies as possible even if you do not need them till they max out what they can do. They seem to get more money for "helping" other states it seems they get more money for removals. I think this is because we are very short on foster parents if we have 5 per county in some counties its alot. Wages are low poverty is high people have thier own kids to care for. So they do try for family placements. In other states wages are better. Notice in my case the child removed went with her mother my kids stayed. Why? my family is in another state therefore they would lose funding for "helping" and my case is not serious enough to use up the valuable foster care homes. In another state they might have removed all kids.

dawn7799

hi

Postby dawn7799 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Hello,

I contacted my legislature and now they are helping get my kids back. I would try that route.

Dawn

sarahjones

Postby sarahjones » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:32 pm

don't try the going to another state for a minute to have the baby, i know for a fact that states can work together. but the bottom line is that if you are doing what you need to do in reunification, and are on track, that there would be no reason for removal of the baby. i know people who had a kid in foster home, had another baby and got the other back shortly after the babies birth. i know another who had family maintenance with two kids, had another and they never filed for anything on the baby and dismissed the other two. JUST DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO! the only way they can remove the baby is if the circumstances that led to the removal of the child STILL EXIST when the baby is born. PERIOD. and go get that caseplan!

sarahjones

Postby sarahjones » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:34 pm

don't try the going to another state for a minute to have the baby, i know for a fact that states can work together. but the bottom line is that if you are doing what you need to do in reunification, and are on track, that there would be no reason for removal of the baby. i know people who had a kid in foster home, had another baby and got the other back shortly after the babies birth. i know another who had family maintenance with two kids, had another and they never filed for anything on the baby and dismissed the other two. JUST DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO! the only way they can remove the baby is if the circumstances that led to the removal of the child STILL EXIST when the baby is born. PERIOD. and go get that caseplan!

sarahjones

sarahjones

mommyx3b

Postby mommyx3b » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:58 am

My exhusbands 1st wifes son was also removed. (my childrens half brother.) Over the course of the 3 years it took to get him back she had 2 other children wich they removed promptly. They clamied that because of the babies birth wieghts being in the 6lb range she must have used drugs during her pregnancy.
So yes they most likely will take your baby.
I agree with the idea of having a trusted friend or relative say they are adopting the baby.

PLAY IT SAFE!

beajus

Postby beajus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:45 pm

They did NOT take my baby, but I realize I was one of the lucky ones. Our family has been reunited as of August of this year. The baby was born June 6th and was low birthweight, my midwife told them that is was because of all the stress they, CPS, had put me under.

Michael

f you or the babytest positive for any illegal drugs removal

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

is required if any child is in TMC in Texas. If no drugs and you receive pre-matal care there is no reason for removal. Also any investigations would be long closed by delirery date. It is possible that a FBSS case would still be open but FBSS does not remove children unless drugs are involved. OR CHILD NEEDS MEDICAL CARE AND PARENTS STATES THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET THE MEDICAL CARE FOR THE CHILD.

sabrinasmom

update

Postby sabrinasmom » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Well I havent been on in a while because I only have internet access at work. I got my daughter back on Feb 9th and am working on my ridiculous case plan. My caseworker said the baby will not be removed and he is closing my case out in july. My baby is due 6/07/08. A week ago the woman who started this and who had my little girl called my worker with a false report, he did not believe her, but told me that she said if she had not got a response from him she was going to file an abuse report through the hotline. She has since called me and left messages that she would like to see me and my daughter. Since I got her back I have not had any contact with her or answered any calls. I'm so scared that she is not going to quit until they take my daughter again. So I am praying to make it through july and I plan on moving so nobody knows where I am.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Does this person of interest is related to you? I would cut off ties with anyone who has vested interest just for the child as they are having "mothering issues". It seems we are seeing a problem where people are infertile, or could not have children or been wanting to adopt children are the ones they wanted other parent's children. Their intentions are sickening. Its like child kidnapping. Period. This person should be charged for false reporting and possible intended child kidnapping. Their intentions are sick. I can't comprehend these who want to steal other parent's children.

I just saw CSI last week, it was about a Woman who stole 2 children (two children from two different sets of parents) and this woman knew the parents by working with them as a co-worker at Work. She just stole them and years later, she got caught and charged for Child Kidnappings. She had said she can't have children so she thought she can take somebody else's child to claim as her own's. She has mental problems. She sees as it is nothing wrong and the children are hers. She said the parents should not be having these children and that she can look after them better than the parents does because the parents don't pay attention to the child so she assumed its better off if she can take them to give them more attention and claim as hers.

This Story is like every Media's story, it's rare, and it does exist. It's scary. You are lucky you got your child back just in time.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

sabrinasmom

all ties cut

Postby sabrinasmom » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:05 am

Believe me they have NO contact with me or my child! Thats making them crazy and I have a feeling that the more they realize they will never see her again they are going to take desperate measures. I am going to look at getting a restraining order, at least there would be some sort of documentation that I am being harasses. And you are right, these people have always wanted to adopt. They asked me on several occasions if I would let them adopt the baby I am carrying. They are obsessed w/ my daughter. The woman even tried to set me up with her son(he is 21 i am 32) and then her nephew, she would joke that then my little girl would be family.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 am

omg she (the lady) who is obsesed about your children has mental issues. She is sick for even ask you if she can "adopt" your kids. They are yours! wow, really unbelievable. But then again, now CPS and the lady knows what's it feels like when the children are removed from its mother. I really hope CPS knows how it felt. No Mothers would ever, ever feel that anxiety seperation of a child. Ever!
I think the lady needs services and get help. A pschchyratic one. I really hope the lady is not related to you. That would be more difficult on you and your children. It would be good to move out elsewhere where she doesn't know where you live, so you can move on with your Life normally. That's what family is. It shouldn't be full of interferance from CPS or that lady.

geez.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:16 am

How did she get her hands on your kid in the first place if she is not family. the removed child is suppose to be placed with family first.

Michael

One child in CPS TMC

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 pm

If CPS has TMC of a child and you are pregnant they probably will be about ready to close the case in 7.5 to 8 months. There will be no reason tu remove the baby.

UNLESS mother test positive for drugs any time during the pregnancy. OR mother or child test positive at the time of birth.

Discuss this wih your worker during your regular meetings with the worker and also in you parenting classes. CPS is paying for and supply9ing parenting classes aren't they. If not request them. This is always a good sign to a judge that the client is requesting additional services and assistance.

Return to “CPS Investigations”