Any Answers

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

missladybugg0

Any Answers

Postby missladybugg0 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:52 am

My BIL visited for the holiday and said he had been questioned for the sexual abuse of his step children. He also consented to a polygraph test. He told us he failed the poygraph test by giving one false answer. His lawyer told him not to worry about it if they where going to charge him they would have done it on that day. He got very angry when they told him he was lying and ripped off the wires and left. Here is my question his lawyer also informed him that if he does get charged he will lose his son. They will TPR him thru CPS. He has just finished serving a sentence for physical abuse of the same children and we are fast approaching the 15 month mark with his son. At the permancy hearing they kept RU the goal but the judge knew of the sexual abuse investigation and said it needed to be resolved before he goes back to court. If he is just charged and not found guilty can they still take his rights? Oh and if it helps the CPS CW in charge of investigation said it was a founded report. So I am guessing they believe that this has happened or they would not have marked it as that.

glass

Postby glass » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm

not to be mean but it sounds like he might need some help with some parenting skills, if he is getting out of prison for abusing them already.

missladybugg0

Postby missladybugg0 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Please dont worry about being mean I have posted here before this man is a terrible abuser and he has no parenting skills. I know alot of you on here are falsely accused I came here because I wanted to know more about CPS since I now have to deal with them all the time we have our nephew. This man was not falsely accused and pled guilty to the physical abuse charges. The abuse these children suffered was horrible. The 5 yr old went to school with a shoe print on his face and the mark was there for 2 weeks. The 4 yr old went to preschool and was digging in the trashcan for food several times. There was 15 reported injuries on the children in 4 months. The 4 yr old had a 2 inch gash on the back of his head that bleed for a week and they would not take him to the DR. The 2 yr old had bruising all the way from her ankles to her back. When ask why he said she wouldnt eat her supper. He has admitted to beating the kids with the belt till their legs bled because he had a bad day at work and they all wanted his attention when he got home. He has abused his wives and his children I was just wondering if any of you had some wisdom to share on this sexual abuse I thought they couldnt use a polygraph in court. I just want to keep this baby safe I dont want to take him from his parents if they can be parents. His mother told the CW the other day she wasnt working her caseplan because she didnt want to and just give him to his dad. I dont believe either of them need to be parents but I am trying to do my best to see both sides of the story and not pass false judgement on him. I know he can change the physical abuse if he wants to but I am worried now about the sexual abuse. I cant say if it is true or not I knew 15 years ago he was a physical abuser so nothing is a shock to me there. I was just wondering if you good people could help me out with some possible answers. Thank you and God Bless You All

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:15 am

What your dealing with here is a true case of child abuse. This is the reason the system is set up. 1) you need to know nobody can make somebody be a "good parent" if that is not what they want. 2) your job in this case is to help those kids.
If there is a question about if the kids were sexually abused there is something called a sexual abuse eval or Psychosexual eval. There are also doctors that specialize in the pysical aspect of sexual evaluations that may notice things a regular doctor would not. Here they have a place where you can take possibly abused children for these evals all under one roof. Call the main hospital in your area and find out if one like that is near you. If it is possible that it could have happened it should be looked into and either ruled out or varified. If it goes untreated it could cause problems for these kids later. Do call and check on the licesenes of all doctors you take them to. Find out how many years of experience they have.
Also you may need to distance yourself from the parents. If you are required to supervise visites or what ever stick to just that don't give them more info than required of you. Don't act like you dislike them but don't be too friendly either. Stay neutral. That will not be easy. If the mother will not work the case plan what ever the reason it is not your job to make her. If dad is not going to change there is nothing you can do to change him. Just simply do the best by the kids you may end up having to adopt them in the end so keep the social worker on your side.

missladybugg0

Postby missladybugg0 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:36 pm

I am afraid I know more about the sexual abuse case than I want to. Please remember my BIL and SIL are a little odd they are with a wierd church I really cant tell you which one. But they have told the CW they must spank their children daily because this is what the bible tells them. And it proves to the child that they love them if they spank them. They refuse to use their hands to spank because they say you hands are meant for loving someone not punishing them. They will give the kids 3 min to eat their food if they are not done they get removed from the table and they are not allowed a drink during dinner. They might wet the bed if they get drinks after 4 pm. I know I am rambling here. I just have the baby who was never abused that we know of he was neglected but not abused. his head was flat on the back because he was never picked up out of his crib or carseat. And he was removed because of the abuse on the other children. The other 3 children are stepchildren so they are not blood related to me they where sent to another state to live with their dad who didnt even know where his kids were until CPS called him. I have met him and spent several weekends with him and his new wife they are really sweet people and have gotten the children into counseling and they are doing much better. The judge gave them full custody of the kids. Now soon after the kids moved in with them they started acting out in a sexual manner. The step mom to the kids found the 2 yr old and 4 yr old preforming oral sex. They started taking them to couseling and it came out in counseling that they had been sexually molested the kids are just talking about fondling. And they have been seen by the DRs and they all agree they have been molested and they did a video interview with the kids at a special place for the interview of children. And they talked all about the abuse physical and sexual. The 5 yr old gave a hour and half long interview. This interview has been sent to the detective in charge of the case and my BIL failed the polygraph test so I am just wondering if that is enough to get him I truly love my nephew and I would gladly take him in and raise him in a happy loving home. I just dont want to see anyone get hurt I dont know how I feel about my BIL and SIL anymore. I just want what is best for this sweet baby. Thank you and bless all. I know this time of year must be killer without you babies I am praying for all of you. I know that there are people that this happens to that are not guilty I have seen it happen. But I also know that is not our case and I pray my BIL will someday see the pain he has caused others and the children. Thank you

Return to “CPS Investigations”