Finnegan Case-Indiana

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am

Just out of curiosity, it seems a pattern with CPS to settle in cases so they dont have to go to trial and keep everything hush. Are you going to see this through trial or is that a bridge that you will cross when you come to it.

kelz03103

I noticed a trend too

Postby kelz03103 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:37 am

I believe they are avoiding trials , to keeps cost down , more money in their pockets , and the lawyers do less work for just about the same amount of money , We're being sold out , I decided to comment here , because I was 100% sure i was going to go to trial and had a good shot, I was convinced otherwise twice , that it was in OUR best interest to NOT go to trial , and for me , trial is a scary thing,, they kept telling me all the bad things that could happen , and how we would end up looking , i still regret not going to trial some, because there really was NO case , on several occassions it has been said it should have never even made it to the court level. Also i am almost sure our lawyers especially my husbands , thought we were guilty. plain and simple. Ok so good luck! keep your chin up. ~Kelz~

FINN

Text

Postby FINN » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:11 pm

We're moving tomorrow but when we get set up I'll try to post the text. I'll probably delete names just because at this point it's still the right thing to do. However, it's not a matter of public record and will be available on a government site. (Not sure what that is either. Thanks for all the (years of) support. I hope others are encouraged.

FINN

Postby FINN » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:26 pm

We're just getting set back up. As I promised we will be sharing the brief in our caseso that readers can see what the issues in our case are. I hope that it inspires others to stand up for their rights and realize that we can win against CPS.

We just found out about another case in our state. The 2 others to plea bargins that landed them in prison for which we are convinced were false accusations by CPS.

What would you do given the choice between 30 years in prison or 2? Most would plea. Anyway. Look forward to a complete volume here of our motions against the state.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Tell us about the attorney situation and costs also.

FINN

Postby FINN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

We were fortunate to get a lawyer who became interested in our case and faught it pro bono, even traveling 3000 at a time to our state and livingt at our home a total of 4 months during that year. Our other lawyer is local and was appointed originally but is still representing us pro bono for several other issues related to the case. We are very fortunate and I think it is incredibally rare. In fact in our law suit it's pointed out that the adverage American can not afford the type of defence necessary to fight this system.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Finn,
I am a paralegal, my forte is legal research. I have a day job at a law firm but am and have been very active in pro bono family issues that overlap with Constitutional Law. I have been a pro bono parent advocate for a decade. I have worked in this capacity with various attorneys and organizations.
I have recently become interested in social service law. I would very much like to read the briefs, motions, etc of your case.
Yes, you are very fortunate. Although you should not have been charged in the first place........you are fortunate to have had good legal counsel.
There are safeguards in the law but as you have said, most Americans can't afford to utilize same.
I hope and pray that you and your family are well. You have lived through a nightmare but you have remained strong and united. That above all else, remaining strong and united is the way to win.

FINN

Postby FINN » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 pm

I guess since I found our federal case on the Internet it is OK to name the defendents in our federal civil action.

Laurel Myers, Regina McAninch, Tracy Salyers, Reba James, James Payne, Jennifer McDonald, Antoinette Laskey and John Does 1-20

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 pm

I hope you roast James Payne. Why not Mitch Daniels too since he's the one who gave Payne the position.

FINN

Postby FINN » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Trish

I'd love to roast them all. No offence against Mitch but when an appointee of yours goes on TV to support his departments illegal and unethical practices you, as Governor, have to know about it. He must know. And if he does in fact know then he doesn't care.

Not about us or anyone else. So that means to H@LL with the tax payer and the voter.

Yes he is involved in our case. He has to be. There is no question.

Come on Mitch. Give me a call. We can fix this.

Fire Payne. Lets talk real reform of DCS. I'll help. You don't need to hire more people. Just train them to interpret evidence.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Finn, I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. I'd love to help reform CPS, and part of it would be making them pay attention to true abuse or neglect. It's obvious when a 2 year old is wandering around in 40 degree weather at 9pm, until 10 or 11, in nothing but a diaper, that something is not right at home. Why is there no real help for that little girl?

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Mitch and Payne don't care at all. Or maybe they just don't listen.

I sent a complaint to both people about my case and how my caseworker fabricated things. My caseworker made up bruises on my daughter but the ER report state otherwise. The response I got from Payne was it appeared the caseworker was doing her job appropriately. What the heck? My complaint letter was even supported with evidence and legal documents. Mitch and Payne approve of their government employee lying under oath and destroying families rather then helping.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:01 pm

cambreenellie wrote:Mitch and Payne don't care at all. Or maybe they just don't listen.

I sent a complaint to both people about my case and how my caseworker fabricated things. My caseworker made up bruises on my daughter but the ER report state otherwise. The response I got from Payne was it appeared the caseworker was doing her job appropriately. What the heck? My complaint letter was even supported with evidence and legal documents. Mitch and Payne approve of their government employee lying under oath and destroying families rather then helping.
That figures. I got a better response from Jeff Burton, than you got from them, but he wasn't any help either. I'd like to sue them for indirectly causing my dads death, the depression they put us through, the loss of several pets, and the loss of peace of mind. Our house looks like we all suffer from severe ocd, because there's a paranoia that they'll come knocking. The poor baby doesn't get to play on the floor, I wouldn't want him to pick up any dirt we missed if they came around.

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:57 pm

[/quote]That figures. I got a better response from Jeff Burton, than you got from them, but he wasn't any help either. I'd like to sue them for indirectly causing my dads death, the depression they put us through, the loss of several pets, and the loss of peace of mind. Our house looks like we all suffer from severe ocd, because there's a paranoia that they'll come knocking. The poor baby doesn't get to play on the floor, I wouldn't want him to pick up any dirt we missed if they came around.[/quote]

I feel the same way as you. Heaven's forbid there even be a speck of dust anywhere, a cup lying around or a trash can full of garbage. You'll be deemed dirty and unfit to take care of a child. CPS acts like they have never had a plate in their sink, left a dinner pot overnight or had an empty cup on their nightstand.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 pm

I won't go to bed with dirty dishes. Even when we had the flu last year, and after I got my tubes tied, I could barely sit up, but if something needed cleaned it got done. Laundry never goes more than three days, and unless I leave a load in the dryer overnight (does that count as hiding clean clothes?) it gets folded or hung up, and everyone is responsible for putting theirs away before bed. At least we know we're on their radar, so we stay prepared.

FINN

Postby FINN » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Well the state has responded to our judicial review.

They assert that it is our fault that we did not warn the doctor and pharmasist of mistakes.

They say that we should have recognized the FDA black box warning about coumadin even though it hadn't been issued until 10 months after Jesica's death.

Again they claim that paddleing was a regular part of discipline though it never happened.

The only applicible word I can associate with their response is stupid.

I do feel for the newly assigned deputy AGs though. They did their best to make a case for the state but sadly they fall short.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:29 am

okay now i'm scratching my head your suppose to know of a warning before it comes out? Parents are now expected to have a crystal ball, or be psychic? I really love that one. Your experience should be a lifetime movie to warn others.

FINN

Postby FINN » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm

That is correct. And we are expert medical watchdogs that have the ability to monitor, advise and correct the actions of Doctors and Pharmasists. Had we known we posessed such talent we could have persued it as a carreer.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Stay strong, Finn.

God knows you are one of the strongest people I have ever known.

Maggie

FINN

Postby FINN » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

I'd like to post a draft of our reply but it's 53 pages. Can that be done in one posting?

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm

It might take a few posts, but I'd love to read it.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 am

If you want to, email it to me and I'll upload it to our server and post a link.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

FINN

Postby FINN » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 pm

OK. Let's do that.

Return to “CPS Investigations”