Another One?!?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Workingmom

Another One?!?

Postby Workingmom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:46 pm

When I checked the messages on my cell phone, I receive another call from another cps social worker!!! This is caseworker number 5 that I have had to deal with!! What the hell is wrong with these people?!? Are they that dense, thick headed, and confused that my case has to bounce from one social worker to another?!?

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:36 pm

We had the same one all the way through both times. She's a ditzy little blonde college party girl too. I found her myspace profile and it says on there "I like books that you don't have to think to read".
If that's the case, I can see why people get by with so many things in this town. Caseworkers like her are probably hitting the bongs or lighting up the crack pipes with the parents they're supposed to be investigating.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:18 pm

I have had a total of 4 different case workers this last one I had to wait for her to go thru training in order to even talk to her.. *sighs*

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:56 am

Case worker number 9 is were we are at in 8 months. Samething here we have to wait for them to finish training. Now we have a babysitter caseworker while our last one is having a baby. Everytime they mess up and one of my kids eds up in the hospital we get a new caseworker.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 am

From what I have seen in my own case and some others it is a game of pass the buck. See first case worker realized oops I screwed up so she passed it on to a less experienced worker but didn't tell her about the screwup. New worker comes in only reading the file what the file doesn't have in it is what the prevoius figured out. New case worker starts to figure it out but has not completely yet. When she does if the case isn't over I'm sure a new worker will be assigned. Now instead of the first case worker saying oops made a mistake lets fix it she decides ooops I made a mistake lets cover it up. Plus you have to remember cps has a high turn over rate. One they are seeing some horrible things kids do get abused. Two they signed up to protect kids and they find out this isn't the way to do it and they don't like the policy either. Three some are just there to get thier sw licesnce (here it is just about the only way you can get the 4 years experience) so they can move on and actually do some good.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 am

surprise surprise surprise

We are now on a new caseworker. This makes #11. We had a meeting today and I called to confirm and they told me that the new caseworker has no clue about it. This would have been nice to know last week when thy knew it. And this new person has no clue about the investagation only visitations. Funny she is in court when we are suppose to be meeting her.

They have messed up so bad that they are confusing everything and everyone.

I am going now to file grievance after grievance. Both me and my husband had to take off work for this already.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Workingmom

Two Types

Postby Workingmom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm

My attorney said that there are "social workers", and "case workers" in the state of Texas. Social workers help you with getting your classes, etc. The Case Workers are those bastards who paint your family as something that it is not.

Workingmom

Two Types

Postby Workingmom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm

My attorney said that there are "social workers", and "case workers" in the state of Texas. Social workers help you with getting your classes, etc. The Case Workers are those bastards who paint your family as something that it is not.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:02 pm

All of them have a liecence. And wouldn't the board of health and social services like to know about thier misconduct.

Don't play thier games just put it back on them.

yellernboyz

Postby yellernboyz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:37 pm

is it amanda grafe from idaho? my caseworker has pics of c#$% sucking and her friend saying thank you for getting me a baby or selling me one. does she care that my 11yr old just got raped by the 6th foster dad 2 weks ago? no she goes on and post on myspace good thing she is not a mom yet, she might have to care

Workingmom

Nothing checked

Postby Workingmom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:39 pm

It irratates me how much cps keeps badgering and attacking parents who have done nothing wrong, and sadly in many cases, are just dealing with kids who are retaliating because they are not getting their way.

Yet when things happen to kids, such as what yellernboyz is going through, the cries of the children go on ignored.

Yellernboyz,
You have my symapathy and prayers. I hope that you are able to find a way to get your daughter out of there, and back home.

Workingmom

Nothing checked

Postby Workingmom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 pm

It irratates me how much cps keeps badgering and attacking parents who have done nothing wrong, and sadly in many cases, are just dealing with kids who are retaliating because they are not getting their way.

Yet when things happen to kids, such as what yellernboyz is going through, the cries of the children go on ignored.

Yellernboyz,
You have my symapathy and prayers. I hope that you are able to find a way to get your daughter out of there, and back home.

yellernboyz

Postby yellernboyz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:28 pm

unfortuneately it is not my daughter but my son who was raped. If I have any good advice, it would be to google your caseworker or look on myspace, it is amazing what you will find out.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:39 am

If your son is willing to testify I would file a complaint with your local District Attorney's Office or the Sheriff. Rape is a felony and far beyond the authority or pay grade of CPS. If you have discussed this with the CPS Workers/Supervisors they do can have charges brought against them for aiding and abetting after the fact, also a felony and they do not have immunity for commiting a crime only limited immunity from civil lawsuits.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

jaslken

Postby jaslken » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:57 pm

I am on caseworker #3!!! First was an idiot and when I called her one... my family was HARRASSED beyond belief... caseworker 2 ran over my daughter's foot with her car and NEVER took her to the hospital... caseworker 3 has perjured herself in court and I am looking into filing criminal harrassment charges@!@! Any advice let me know about criminal charges...

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 pm

jaslken wrote:I am on caseworker #3!!! First was an idiot and when I called her one... my family was HARRASSED beyond belief... caseworker 2 ran over my daughter's foot with her car and NEVER took her to the hospital... caseworker 3 has perjured herself in court and I am looking into filing criminal harrassment charges@!@! Any advice let me know about criminal charges...

You were handed a gaurented to win lawsuit. You have abuse. neglect, and medical neglect.
You can look in to these people's liecence and see where they violated and turn them in.
You can also report to OIG.

Good Luck.
I hope that you are suing them.

jaslken

Postby jaslken » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:59 am

YES I am!!! I filed my notice of intents and now I am getting ready!!!

Workingmom

Go Get 'em!!

Postby Workingmom » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Best of luck to you. I hope that they get what they deserve.

Workingmom

I Don't Like Caseworker #3

Postby Workingmom » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:30 am

Though I have not really spoken to her, I already cannot stand caseworker #3. She is getting frustrated because my attorney will not allow her to talk to me without going through them first.

She told them that she wanted to see my daughter, and she wanted to see her in her living enviornment. The last caseworker, and the caseworker before him did that.

Are they going to want to come to my home every time my case passes over to a new caseworker. How is this ever suppose to be over if I keep getting a new caseworker who feels the need to hit the reset button on my case.

I just don't get these people. The new caseworker is also an idiot. I never really spoke with her because when she would call I was at work. She was aware that I worked during the day, but would still call smack dab in the middle of he day!!

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 am

I'm not sure if it is "state" law or "federal" law but socail workes must physically see the children in thier case loads at LEAST once every 30 day. When they get the case they must see the child first before really getting into the case. So what they are doing to you is just part of proceedure. A pain but proceedure. I understand how you feel though I don't like having them in my home neither!

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am

the fact is, in order to get your case closed, your caseworker actually has to work on it.
here is a small time line of my year of hell,
Aug 29, 2006 judge orders children removed even though dfacs was not going to remove them
Aug 31, 2006 given placement caseplan
Sept 20, 2006 Ajudication hearing
Oct 4, 2006 children ordered home by judge as long as husband not there and awaiting results on psychosexual
Oct 25 husband has psychosexual
Oct 31 DFACS recieves psychosexual, still no case worker
Nov 8, 9 call dfacs, finally get call back after calling district supervisor in another county
setup meeting with cps supervisor becuase still no caseworker, they are still deciding what to do with case
nov 23-meet caseworker for first time, she asked me alot of question, i tell her not to set foot in my house again until she reads that thing she calls my case file becuase i am tired of answering same questions. sets up time to meet kids at my house, is a no show both times
dec--call caseworker to find out when my husband can see his kids becuase he has not had visit since sept 21. they infor me that that they are not sure why the judge ordered him to have no contact and the judge will have to order visitation--i remind them that they are the ones who asked for no contact pending psychosexual exam which showed nothing--dec 9 judge grants visitation, dec 15 gets visitation, dec 18 children forced to take psychosexual
jan no work on case, caseworker tells me she is busy and working other cases, call made to supervisor, feb-supervisor demoted to investigator and she takes over our case--they ask for parenting classes though all psychologist agree that parenting classes are not issue, i refuse and tell them i will agree to family counceling, family counceling to begin, therapist office shut down, nothing done in case until may have three sessions of family counceling from may until july of 2006. july caseworker leaves, get new caseworker, give her an earful about recantation letter the deputy received in sept of 2006, this is why he did not even investigate the allegation, there is not even a report of these allegations, tell her about the lack of this counceling they have wanted, aug 15 told to go to court for renewal of court order, then told when i show up they are not sure what to do with my case, aug 29 court order lapse, aug 31 visit from caseworker tell me my case is closed and they are sorry for the inconvience on my life. i told her i hope i never have to see her or anyone from her office again. i have not seen hide nor hair of them since.
the sad thing is this case could have been closed at the begining if they had been doing their job.
no one wanted my case, no one wanted to work with me, i am a bitch esp. when you mess with my family and i knew their policy better than they did. when i started asking them to fill out thier own forms, risk assessment, caseplan, etc. i scared them off fast.
i would look for thier website of forms they use, in georgia it is called odis, and their attorney is called a SAAG, those documents are also generic and found online.
a few months after my case was closed, they went after my cousin, i helped her use policy against them. they tried to keep investigating her after the alotted 45 day max, 30 days for investigation, 15 day extentions, they did not contact her until well after 60 days to have a meeting. once they found out she knew this her case was closed in 3 days and she did not cooperate.
my advice, use the policy against them, if i had know it at beginning, we would not be in this boat.

Workingmom

I'm Trying

Postby Workingmom » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:16 pm

I reseached a way to pull up their actual policies and procedures that they are suppose to follow. I don't know if it because they've changed the name of it if it is on a website, but I am having trouble.

In my career, there is nothing that I am more passionate about then the people who work under me when I am at my job. So....if another manager, even one who is above me, makes an attempt to break policy, I'm quick to stop them dead in their tracks....and, a part of me really loves throwing what policy is at them.

What I am looking for is the Standard Operating Procedures that cps is SUPPOSE to follow in the state of Texas. But I am having trouble tracking it down. I've searched, and searched till my head felt like it was going to explode.

But I would love nothing more than to throw their own policies in their face, along with actual codes. I have no doubt that if I can track down their own house rules, I'm going to find a lot of screw ups on their part.

Workingmom

I'm Trying

I reseached a way to pull up their actual policies and procedures that they are suppose to follow. I don't know if it because they've changed the name of it if it is on a website, but I am having trouble.

In my career, there is nothing that I am more passionate about then the people who work under me when I am at my job. So....if another manager, even one who is above me, makes an attempt to break policy, I'm quick to stop them dead in their tracks....and, a part of me really loves throwing what policy is at them.

What I am looking for is the Standard Operating Procedures that cps is SUPPOSE to follow in the state of Texas. But I am having trouble tracking it down. I've searched, and searched till my head felt like it was going to explode.

But I would love nothing more than to throw their own policies in their face, along with actual codes. I have no doubt that if I can track down their own house rules, I'm going to find a lot of screw ups on their part.

Workingmom

I'm Trying

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 am

ask Michael if hes around. He is a case worker in Texas. He would know more than anyone.

Return to “CPS Investigations”