New Case Worker Getting Sneaky

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Workingmom

New Case Worker Getting Sneaky

Postby Workingmom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 pm

I checked my messages on my cell phone after I got off from work today (which is pretty routine for me), and received a message from the new case worker (this is #3 for me) saying that she got the message that I had left for her providing my attorney's information, and that she had also received a letter from the office of my attorney. Though she didn't state what was on the letter, I know it was to inform her that I have retained representation, and that they are to go through their office first to talk to me.

Well, she said in her message that she wanted to talk to me first before my attorney got involved, and that I needed to call her with my work schedule so the we can schedule a time to meet.

I called my attorney and told him about the message that she had left for me, and though he kept his composure, I could sense his aggrevation over the phone. Naturally, he simply said not to meet with her alone.

These people really think that I'm a complete idiot. I don't have any fancy degrees, but I have plenty of common sense; and without that, you still look like the village idiot, otherwise known as Child Protective Service.

FINN

Postby FINN » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:11 am

Wow! And the CW knew you were represented. Parents are supposed to submit to the power of CPS not fight. Did you save the recorded message with the date it was sent? The CW was obviously trying to avoid the lawyer after being informed of his involvement.

Workingmom

Fighting back

Postby Workingmom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes, I've saved it. It's the first thing I learned on this site, and it cannot be repeated enough how important it is to document everything!!

She finally contacted my attorney's office today, and STILL had a bit of an attitude about why she is having to deal with them, instead of me directly.

My attorney's paralegals called and left a message on my phone inquiring as to if she gave any specific reason why she wanted to meet me without them. She didn't state one, but judging by the way she threw attitude at their office, I'm willing to bet that she had plans to intentionally break their own rules and procedures. Just like all the others.

Oh well............though cookies for her.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 pm

But ...She did give a spcific reason why she wanted to meet without them ..

She wanted to meet with you before they got involved. Just like you said ...prolly to break their own rules and crap. Dirty toad.

Kenneth2816

Postby Kenneth2816 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:36 am

I love hearing things like this...it lifts my spirits! There are too few attorneys willing to oppose CPS. Good for you.

Return to “CPS Investigations”