Declaration of Facts?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lizbeth0405

Declaration of Facts?

Postby lizbeth0405 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:09 am

I don't completely understand what this is. I mean, the name in itself says a lot, but what cases does this apply to? It seems like it MIGHT help my mother-in-law, probably too late now as the appeal hearing for permanent foster care is on March 17, and the 6 month foster care hearing/TPR hearing is on March 19.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 pm

my case was in VA and I wrote to the governors office who handed it over to the ombudsman and she did an investigation on our caseworker and on going case. It was closed within 24 hours of me getting a phone call from the ombudsman with her intent to investigate. Within 24 hours I mean they called me at around 3pm on a Thursday to ask me my side. Friday I got the closed case later in the mail postmarked 5PM Thursday.

I wrote to them and told them all the facts, the lies that were flying and the proof of the lies that were flying. (I had tape recordings, witnesses and pictures, the troll only had her word).

If it hadnt been for that, who knows how long that troll would have drug the case on, and probably would have hauled my kids into foster care as she threatened before she had ever even talked to us. (in writing, then denied it on tape even though I had the damn letter in my desk).

Have you guys tried the ombudsman route?

If you want to make it to where your MIL doesnt want your sons history to effect her case, remain closet supporters for her. Help her out but from the shadows. What they are more than likely going with, is that since her son is a sex offender, and she let her daughters near him, and again near another man who is a sex offender, she is failing to protect and not learning. It doesnt matter weather they were found guilty or innocent in court or not, if you are guilty in the eyes of CPS, you are guilty and they will use that against you.

Something else that helped me out a lot with my case. I called Fairfax county CPS office quite often and asked to speak to any available social worker and asked them specific questions without giving personal info. They were very helpful, and at the time. Fairfax county was ranked the one and only county in the Nation to be the first to meet the criteria for new refoms that were supposed to have been done nationwide. I also used info from Fairfax County website printed out as part of my defense since Fairfax seemed to be the only one at the time in VA that had 'guidlines' in print. All other cities and counties would tell you everything is up to the parent, but then turn around and slam yuou for doing what they said was a parental choice.

Hope some of this helps.

lizbeth0405

Postby lizbeth0405 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:34 am

I think it may be too late for the ombudsman route. If I had known about it a long time ago, maybe. But they've been in custody for 18 months now. The thing is trying to convince a judge. CPS is funny because at the same time they were investigating him, they also placed a complaint against me for "watching and allowing", but that was unfounded.

Her lawyer doesn't really refute any of their claims in court, even the dental work they say they never got, but we have PROOF of, by way of me and dental records. They have no proof that a sex offender was living in her home, but we don't have proof that he wasn't. The person he was staying with before he got an apartment refuses to write a statement because they don't want to get involved. They have no proof that they weren't getting their adhd meds, but I know I gave them doses whenever they were with me. Mom made sure they left home with whatever meds they needed. Always had it at school too. They claim that they were left with anyone who would watch them for MIL to "run the streets", they were with me. We are family, I think they are allowed to visit with family, right? They still keep those things in the plan, and use her psych eval done by someone of their choosing against her, but we can't get a copy of the previous one because the doctor is out of the country. They did the "bad eval" while children were taken away, I do believe I'd seem a little crazy too! lol

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:10 am

I dont think it would be too late to get the ombudsman involved. The reason being is once the ombudsman starts looking at the caseworker, the lies that they keep conjuring at the last minute will stop. (or at least thats the way its supposed to work)

Even if it is too late, you never know until you try. Exhaust all avenues before giving up and calling them dead ends.

As far as ADHD meds, where on earth does it state that a child HAS to take them? My son refuses to take his and I am not going to force it. Unless there is a court order stating that he has to take it, he will not, and even then, I wont make him because its not detrimental to life. If he was willing to take them, that would be a different story. BUT I do have to point out that, the investigator in my case stated in the case file that my son had ADHD so therefore was a danger to himself and others. That was overturned at the state appeal level and she was schooled as to what ADHD was and what psyco was. (dumb ass)

ADHD can be controlled through environment, diet, hard work and determination. Too many damn people especially CPS and schools are so quick to force kids on ADHD meds so they have pliable zombies who dont have a mind to speak for themselves anymore because its so drugged up.

As far as the lawyer, either get a different one, or talk to this schmuck and find out what he he intends to do. He is there to represent yuor MIL not himself. But for most lawyers standing up to CPS is a death sentence for their career, so they sit on their hands.

lizbeth0405

Postby lizbeth0405 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 am

I did take your advice and wrote the governor, and both state legislators for Virginia on her behalf. She has a 7th grade education and her grammar and spelling are quite bad. CPS uses this against her too, but she did what she had to back then and quit school to care for her family.

I also wrote a letter to her lawyer which will be faxed tonight. He never refutes their claims and in it, I state specific claims, and then the truth.

Workingmom

Ombudsman

Postby Workingmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 pm

What is the ombudsman? How can they help?

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm

They are choosen by the govenor (at least thats how the one in VA got there) I dont know the policy, but I believe thats the way its supposed to work all around) and this is what they do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The role of the Office of the Ombudsman is to:
respond to inquiries or issues of clients, foster and adoptive parents, advocates, legislators, and other concerned citizens regarding agency programs, policies or service delivery

mediate and resolve these as possible

monitor the content of contacts for patterns indicating systemic problems or weaknesses

compile and utilize this information along with suggested policy or programmatic changes to the Commissioner and other agency staff as appropriate.

From what I understand, some people say their state doesnt have one. I cant speak for all states, I just know about the one in VA since I have dealt with them myself.

Just an FYI, the governor is just going to hand it over to the ombudsman and it may delay a reaction more. Write to the ombudsman office as well. CC that stuff to any and everyone. Thats what I did. One letter. CC to about 15 places, and I made sure to put the CC on the letters so they knew they werent the only ones to get it so they couldnt brush it under the rug. All were certified mail sig. required. So no one could claim they never got it.

(I wrote to my congressman, whose office wrote me back and told me that I needed to contact my own district ...NICE huh?)

Return to “CPS Investigations”