Question Does Social Security Report to OCS

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ejaffe

Question Does Social Security Report to OCS

Postby ejaffe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:32 am

Thats my question, we are attempting to apply for disability for our son. We had a doctors evaluation a few weeks ago and now CPS is starting an investigation. Thats the only thing I can think of that would start an investigation.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:38 am

In my first marriage my step son was 14 when I got involved in his life. He already had a juvie record. He was on meds some pretty hard core ones. He had some real mental issues. Cps was not involved and my husband did file for ssi on him. CPS and Social Security are both gov agencies yes but I don't believe that would tip off an investigation. It never did with us and with the in and out of juvie court you'd think that alone would have caused them to come. The source of the report could have come from anywhere. Does anyone have an axe to grind with you? does the school have it out for you? Did you tell somebody about the SS your applying for and possibly they got jealous you would be receiving extra income and they are not?

Workingmom

Animals

Postby Workingmom » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:04 am

I'm not at all surprised about the social security office behaving in this manner. We have attorney's out there to help protect us from cps, and I've seen a countless amount of advertisments in Texas to fight the social security office. What's even more aggrevating to me is the fact that these agencies have a history of attacking the People, who are the same People who pay taxes so that they can collect their paycheck!!

debbiescalese

Re: Question Does Social Security Report to OCS

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 am

ejaffe wrote:We had a doctors evaluation a few weeks ago and now CPS is starting an investigation. Thats the only thing I can think of that would start an investigation.

I have one more thought that came to me last night while talking to a friend... Doctors are mandated reporters. It is possible in one of the doctors doing the evaluations may have made a report based on something the child said to them during the eval. For example they may have asked the child what kind of punishment do you get for being bad? Your son could have answerd I get sent to bed with out dinner or he get a swat on the butt, or I have to spen 30min in my room. All things that can start an investigation. He could also say my parents fight with eachother when maybe once in a while you argue with eachother over something which is perfectly normal but cps does not see it that way.

Michael

Social Security

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:59 pm

I have never known Social Security to make a report to CPS.

CPS does not have access to their records unless a child is in the legal custody of CPS.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Ej, what are the allegations this time?

Are you sure its CPS? A friend of mine applied for social security and a caseworker came out to her home to make sure that the family and child really lived there ect. (probably to scope out more, but that was all she did and then they got approved)

Seems to always stem from doctors visits =/. Did those foster parents finally back down from their adoption petition crap they were pulling? (I cant remember if you ever posted what happened with that)

ejaffe

Postby ejaffe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:38 am

Yes this is CPS.
They showed up with a warrent, and a cop. The allegations are that our son is underweight. He has cystic fibrosis. This is why we are applying for social security disibility for him. He is three so he didn't say anything at the doctors visit.

We were investigated before around two years ago. Same thing basically our child is underweight.
So far they talked to me, my wife, and our sons doctor.
I don't know wny they even bother talking to anyone, they never actually listen to anything anyone has to say, not even out sons doctor. He is a great doc though, came to court with us last time for everything.

We are trying not to get to worried about this investigation, everything in our lives is much better now new house and everything. But we are still scared because we know what they are cappable of. We know they can just make up any information they want to take our son.

$6000 adoption incentive bonus, plus foster parents can get $800 a month for our son. This is a very good buisness for them.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:00 am

wow thats all I can say. What the hell is wrong with them? Didnt they learn last time???

I remember when they took your son last time, and after you got him back the foster parents (gay couple if I remember right) filed for custody with the court.

If its not your doctor thats giving the info to CPS then who is it? Did you have to see a different doctor again?

My son is autistic and we have just been really lucky that so far no one has taken it upon themselves to decide 'there is something else going on like abuse' to cause him to act so different. (knock on wood)

ejaffe

Postby ejaffe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:40 am

yup thats us.
We trust all our doctors we have now. They have backed us fully with the last case.
My only guess is someone from social security saw his weight written somewhere and decided to call child protection.

I guess they didn't learn from last time. I know I got them a few times when I recited a few laws and their own policies and procedures to them.

I will keep ya posted as to what happens.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Hello Ejaffe,

Will be watching and will be praying for you.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

ejaffe

Postby ejaffe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:45 am

Talked to caseworker today, looks like she is closing the case.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Glad to hear it EJ! Sad to hear that your family was their target again.

Just wait for that closed paper in the mail!

Return to “CPS Investigations”