what if cps breaks laws

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anise72

what if cps breaks laws

Postby anise72 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:08 pm

I am needing info on the the time limits they have on making there investigation.
72 hrs to return kids or file petition
24 hrs notice of petition being filed
Does it matter if they dont abide by there own laws???
Time is ticking and i need advice if this will help me
please and thank you

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:03 pm

this what i know
they break the law all the time, they break their own rules.
their is a waiver that allows for a removal on a friday or weekend and the 72 hour is waived. i dont know about all states, but this is how it is in georgia.

even if they do break the laws or rules nothing ever happens to them. sorry, but that is just how it is with them. it is hard to use things like this against them, when it wont cause any harm to the case anyhow.

anise72

Postby anise72 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm

And we have to follow everything to a t ... Well mine was on a monday but whatelse is since she was late on the 72 hrs for filing she just went ahead and made up a new tcn and filed with that . The original one was not included..so why are all these laws on the papers when i doent even matter. There has got to be a way. I guess mabey seperatly sueing them for breaking the law.
Yeah i knew that was a long shot

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:55 pm

bit of advice on suing them don't tell them, and document everything. This is how they lose.

They had 72 hours to investagate us, and guess what it's been 2 months and we have no idea of what is going on still. No investagation nothing,

Our last caseworker didn't even exsist the judge never even heard of this so called person.

Yep they don't follow any rules what so ever.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “CPS Investigations”