PLEA OF NOLO CONTENDERE

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

antichristJanRoberta

PLEA OF NOLO CONTENDERE

Postby antichristJanRoberta » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 am

My girlfriend recieved something in the mail from her "Lawyer" that says she can plea nolo contendere. This says that she could plea to say nothing and leave her case up to a judge. I believe if she does this and is not present that the DCF lawters will have the uper hand so I am strongly thinking of just going to trial and at least have some say in this,as I am the supposed perpretrator. I have dozens of unlawful things that the dcf has done including seizure. I am asking if anyone has gone through this please tell me what the better option is?? Thank you. Frank
The DCF of Norwich,Connecticut has found me guilty of sexual abuse from a 5 yr old. I am innocent and need all the help I can get.Seizure, coercion, hersay??

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:08 am

Nolo contendere is a legal term that comes from the Latin for "I do not wish to contest." It is also referred to as a plea of "No Contest."

A nolo contendere plea has the same immediate effects as a plea of guilty, but may have different residual effects or consequences in future actions.

Do a google search of it to find out more
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Kenneth2816

Postby Kenneth2816 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Frank:

A plea of no contest is is essentially the same as an admission of guilt in court. You don't say if this attorney is court appointed or not. I am betting he or she is...

If you are the perp, then that means your GF is alledged guilty by "allowing it"- or at least that is the way it usual goes.

If you both have different court appointed attorneys, a nolo plea will (in my opinion and not knowing and case facts) play right into CPS hands by allowing them to divide the two of you.

Next, they will threaten her to live apart from you or else.

Frank, the United States has detrmined that the best manner at arriving at the truth is the "adversarial system". It has been my experience that most court appointed "parent's attorneys" urge most parents to cooperate and very, very rarely do these cases ever go to trial. guilt or innocence is relative. The Court is supposed to protect your rights as well as the child's, but lie as not, CPS pretty much does what they want.

It has also been my experience that most attorneys are very very reluctant to delve into CPS wrong doings, let alone provide evidence and cross examine a CPS worker from the stand.

I had a court appointed for 8 months, and he all but cost me my child. I had to threaten him with calling the Bar association if he did not provide me with a rigorous, lawful defense...which he did for ahwile. I then filed my own motion to have him removed, to which he happily agreed, and the court appointed another attorney who INSTANTLY took the offensive against CPS, and I DO mean "offensive". Frank, an attorney will kill you ro save you in these cases, period.

I implore you to read the child protective codes or lwas for your state. Many, many times the only way I got any action was by knowing the law. Believe me, no one will save you. You must save yourself (same with your GF), abd the best way to do this is with information.

You are already ahead of the game by being smart enough to come her and seek the input of others.

Make no mistake, CPS is the worst nightmare you will ever have in your life. I wish you both the best..........

Return to “CPS Investigations”