Non emergency removal?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kat79705

Non emergency removal?

Postby kat79705 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello, Live in Texas....what is involved with a non emergency removal. I see judge in two weeks. What happens?
Thanks.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm

I couldn't find it termed as "Non emergency removal"

Here is a link to the Texas CPS manual maybe you can find what it is your looking for.

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Handbooks/CPS/default.asp
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Michael

This is also known as a Planned Removal

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am

Also in some counties and areas this is when CPS is not actually asking for a removal but for a judge to order court ordered participation with the CPS workers.

Is there a Safety Plan with child or children placed out of the home with a friend or relative?

Is there actual or alleged METH use by the parents?

Have parents had a drug test and was it positive for any illegal substances?

Are any criminal charges pending on non related events?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:04 am

Are you talking about time line to where they deem it as a pose to immediate danger or not in any danger but future risk of harm?

Sexual Abuse removals within 12 hours.
Physical and other Abuses within 24 hours.
Non-abuses such as dirty house, clutters, etc...up to 2 weeks.

Anything after 2 weeks will be seen as non-important and will be referring the case to another worker. Investigation Workers can investigate up to 30-60-90 Days before they can declare the case to be closed if they find nothing. As when it is non-important after 2 weeks, it will state that the children are not in any immediate danger or risk of harm but they can declare their suspicions still. They can declare at any time if they suspect anything at any time and remove your children based on their "suspicions".

Check the CPS Manual for Time lines for Removals as it varies from State to State.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:57 am

a non-emergency removal seems to go out of bounds for what cps is. they are suppose to keep families together and only remove in a potential threat of danger.
i just dont understand how a nonemergency removal can be made or even exist.....
did you get a 72 hour hearing? the judge can write an order, but you still are suppose to get a chance to contest it somewhat.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:14 am

Sometimes they remove children because the family 'needs' services - 'child in need of services.' or CHINS. In this case, there would not be a 'neglect' case on the court paperwork. Kind of like a plea bargain.

CHINS is called different things in different states, such as dependency, etc.

Return to “CPS Investigations”