Up date

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mommyx3b

Up date

Postby mommyx3b » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I know its been a while since I posted, the physical toll this whole thing has had got the better of me.

Recap: I lost my children in june of 2006 when our well pump broke and we were with out water for 4 days, go them back right away (decent worker 1st case and hadn't been corrupted yet) then right before my case was to be closed I was transferred to a diffrent worker who removed my kids with out giving reason. Everthing about it was compleatly illeagle.

Well, after not seeing my kids for 4 months I finally get weekends with my kids. The money spent on lawyers to get there unfortunatly has been unreal.

I am currently recouping from surgery due to mass infection because my imune system practically shut down due to all the stress.
But I get my babies on the weekends and thats all that matters. I had never cried such happy tears as I did when I finally got to see them after those 4 agonizingly long months.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Are you going to try to get custody of them from your exhusb?

I'm so glad you have visitation now.

mommyx3b

Postby mommyx3b » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Yes I am, we are going back to court in july, My lawyers plan of action is to do it slowly, to keep increasing the time they are with me while limiting the time they are with him.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

fitz

Your not alone

Postby fitz » Sat May 03, 2008 1:46 pm

i had my son taken away at 4 days old, my mo made a false report to cps, he'll be 2 months the day before mother's day, and to have to spend my first mothers day with out him ( happy mothers day by the way) we're taking it to trial this month, the whole system is messed up. the hosptial staff said I picked him up by the neck which so didn't happen and then they said I'm mentally unstable to be a parent, i'm on my meds, almost done with parenting classese, what more do I have to do? my husband and I only get to see him twice a week for 1 hour so 2 hours a week, and it's under observation, he's not babbling like he should be, we think that the foster parent isn't giving him the time and attention he deserves and needs, we haven't even met her, but we're trying to arrange something , but the social worker never calls us back. what do you suggest?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat May 03, 2008 2:00 pm

You need a Lawyer, and I assume you have one since you mentioned taking this to Trial. Make sure your Lawyer has the documented proof of completed parenting classes. If they say you are mentally unstable, have them prove it. You need to get your own second opinion Doctor Psch. to determine your mental status. You need that to attach to the affavidits for Court as well. You need everything, proof to say you have completed this and that. You need to be one step ahead of them. Think of everything. It would be good idea to keep a log book or journal and write down a detailed schedule of visits, like what time you went in to see him? and what was the outcome of that visits? If you see him not babbling, write that down and when and who brought him in. Write down everything. Keep the Journal for your Lawyer. but keep orignal copies for your self, for your files because Lawyers won't return the copies back to you after when they are done.
You need to leave a paper trial that you have showed you have done efforts to make amends for your child.
Does your Mom take custody of your child?is she the foster parent?
Again, you need to get all the document proof of everything, including visitations.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”