They came back again

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

They came back again

Postby Trisha G » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Yesterday morning we were awoken by someone knocking on the door. Of course they had their friends the police with them. My husband answered while I picked up the baby and came out to see what was going on. The officers and the CPS workers were actually nice for once, especially after I put them in their place.
First we've moved out of the trailer park to a four bedroom house, and all but one of the few cats we kept are outside in a fenced in backyard, so we knew it wasn't about animals this time. Second, our older kids are 16(girl) and 14(boy), the baby(boy) is almost six months.
The investigator told me they had a report our house was "unlivable". I laughed at that and told them we've lived here less than three months and other than having to have the drains snaked the house has no problems. I also told her the baby's room wasn't finished yet so he sleeps in a playpen in our room because we had to buy and assemble a shed to get his room emptied of boxes, and A(14y/o) and me had just finished putting the shed together the night before. She had no problems with that. Then she looked at me and asked me if we "ever found out who the father is". I answered with my husbands name, she said "no the baby's father". I said his name again and added "he's our baby". She said "we were told he's your grandson". My answer, "I have records of my ob visits and hospital stay as well as his birth certificate to prove you wrong". I then told them they could leave that the report was bogus, she actually agreed it might be, "but can we please come inside to make sure?" I said, "we can call the state police and have you removed". Then one of the city officers asked if he could take a quick look around to prove the report wrong. I know the officer somewhat so I agreed. After his walkthrough he told me I might as well let them in so they could see for themselves nothing was wrong and we could all get on with our day. I talked it over with my husband and we decided to let them in. The only thing they said was "get some smoke detectors and bring A home, we'll be back at 4p.m. just to make sure". We did both things as well as start moving stuff out of the babies room and when they came back we got a paper saying the report was unsubstantiated. No case to even open this time, I just don't like making it easy for them.
Now we know who called, the people who we're evicting from our old trailer. They have violated everything in the contract and only moved in June 15th. CPS could have a great time with them, she's pregnant and uses Vicodin all the time. He refuses to work and gets high all day and night. They have a 10 month old who he leaves home alone when she's working so he can go do whatever he wants. They're underage drinkers. I know not to call though, after all CPS isn't in it to really help kids. Instead we just report things we see to the police.

glass

Postby glass » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm

if there is truly a 10 month old baby being left alone you really need to call the police to check on him.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:39 pm

By the time I found out it was too late, but we're close enough to keep an eye on them and if it happens again we will call.

glass

Postby glass » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:18 pm

ive been there before, thinking someone was normal and then finding out what they are really about later!
at least you are ready if they pull that again.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm

The baby's room is all done now too. His crib is up and even though he's still small he has an organized play area too. I used the shelves on a changing table that was given to us to store toys, but I don't think they could say anything about that if they did come back.
We are watching the people who called on us, she just had the other baby last weekend. I hope they straighten up, I'd hate for CPS to follow the police and destroy 4 young people (the couple and the babies). I won't sit back and watch anybody take off and leave young kids alone though.

Return to “CPS Investigations”