They took our baby and toddler in VA after I called 911...

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

momoftwo79

They took our baby and toddler in VA after I called 911...

Postby momoftwo79 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:40 am

I also posted my story in the newcomer section, but I thought this would also be a good place to get feedback on our case. Any advice, info, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My name is Ann and I had my two children taken from me after I dialed 911 because I thought someone broke into my house since there have been home burgularies in our neighborhood and my husband was out of the country. I was in the process of moving, with a 14 foot moving truck parked in front of my house, so my house was a mess and I told the dispatcher that, but they said it wouldn't be a problem.

It did end up being a problem. The cops showed up and didn't find anyone, but said since there are things on the floor it was a safety violation. I offered to pick items up from the floor but they said I could not enter my own home nor pick my things up since they were now doing an investigation. They called the fire department as well as zoning as well as every other agency in the world it seems, who confirmed it was a safety violation and told me that my smoke alarm isn't working, which is another safety violation as well as a criminal offense, so they condemned my house, took my pets away, and took my kids away. My kids are my two year old son, Alex, and my breastfeeding baby girl, Victoria.

I have done everything they have asked including a mental health assessment which included taking my urine and blood. What made me mad is when we went to court for the first hearing to try to get my kids back, they would not recognize the mental health assessment that I took since the CPS worker sent me to one that isn't authorized by the court. Now I have to take a psych exam too, that is paid by CPS, so I am very weary about it all.

My husband and I dismissed our court appointed lawyers and we found one that was expensive, but practiced for 40 years, so we thought we would get our kids back for sure. Instead he made the judge mad by taking us all to another room so that the judge was calling for us for over 90 minutes, and when the judge asked where we have been, he told the judge "Hiding" which infuriated the judge. He also said there was no agreements even though we told everyone we'd agree to anything as long as we get our kids back. Needless to say, we dismissed that lawyer for misrepresenting us and we are now looking for a good and reputable lawyer in the Fairfax County, Virginia area. We are open to any recommendations, suggestions, ideas, referrals, or anything. We just want our kids back.

No one ever complained about us, I just made the mistake of calling 911 when my house wasn't perfect. I just want to warn others to be careful when they call 911. Make sure your house is pristine and perfect, because once you let them in, you might not be able to get them out easily. I had told the 911 dispatcher I don't care if someone steals everything in the house, I just want to get my two little ones out safely. In the end, I was robbed of all things precious and priceless to me - our kids, our pets, our home.

We emptied out our house and scrubbed it down completely and put new batteries in the smoke detector. The zoning inspector came by and inspected it from top to bottom, and it passed so the house is no longer condemned.

We finally got to see our kids for the first time 10 days after they took them away and it broke our hearts. It took them a little while to remember who we were even though we have never been apart until now. The foster care person even admits that my baby girl had an upset stomach and got sick after they took her from me since they had her stop breastfeeding immediately and forced her to take cow's milk.

We just miss and love our kids so much and we don't want to miss another day. Victoria had just taken her first steps the day before they took her away. My husband missed them since he was out of the country though he just got back. When we saw her for the visitation, she was walking. We missed so much in 10 days, we don't want to miss anything else, not another day if we can help it.

Please, please any help would be greatly appreciated. We are willing to pay for the right lawyer that can bring our babies back to us. Thank you very much for taking the time to read our story.

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Cherise Cuevas, website www.cuevaslaw.com. She's handling our case and is VERY experienced in CPS matters in Fairfax County and Loudoun County (where we live).

momoftwo79

Thank you!

Postby momoftwo79 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:31 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info! I will be contacting her today. If anyone else has any other recommendations or referrals, please feel free to share them in case Ms. Cherise Cuevas is unable to take our case.

Also, that link didn't work for me, I had better luck getting her info at:
http://www.cuevaslaw.us/
I already called her, but their office doesn't open until an hour from now, so I will call her back when they're open.

Thank you very much!

LanceBabe

Re: Thank you!

Postby LanceBabe » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 am

momoftwo79 wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info! I will be contacting her today. If anyone else has any other recommendations or referrals, please feel free to share them in case Ms. Cherise Cuevas is unable to take our case.

Also, that link didn't work for me, I had better luck getting her info at:
http://www.cuevaslaw.us/
I already called her, but their office doesn't open until an hour from now, so I will call her back when they're open.

Thank you very much!

Oops! :oops: I do that all the time -- put .com instead of .us.

momoftwo79

Re: Thank you!

Postby momoftwo79 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:52 pm

No worries, if anything thanks again for her info. I have an appointment set up with her, and I'm praying that she'll be the angel that will bring our babies back into our arms again.

Return to “CPS Investigations”