Need help with case plan.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cambreenellie

Need help with case plan.

Postby cambreenellie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

I got my case plan recently and it consists of what I have already been doing since they took my kids from me.

I just have to continue to work with the therapist and the case manager who does my supervised visits. No classes to take. I have been told that basically CPS is just waiting for time. Anyone have a case plan like this?

I recently had my visits increased and this Wednesday we and my team I work with are going to try for in home visits. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I had received a letter from the Inspector General and it wasn't very helpful. They said they couldn't do anything and have forwarded my complaint to the appropriate office which was the head of DCS. This is the same guy who emailed me and said my caseworker followed all policies. I guess he views perjury as a policy.

I have the 6 month review hearing coming up in 3 1/2 weeks and wondering if anyone could help me prepare for it. At the first hearing I had no clue what was going on and was afraid to talk. This hearing I'm not going to sit still and be quiet.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:51 pm

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/userma ... erfour.cfm

The Juvenile Court Process

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/userma ... ppendd.cfm

Appendix D
Guidelines for Child Protective Services Caseworkers for Permanency and Review Hearings

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:29 pm

I am sorry that the Inspector General passed the buck but keep that letter. It very well may come in handy down the line.

I am very new to this draconian set of laws but from what I have read i nthe last few months, at least in NY, the 6 month review is a mechanism whereby the all powerful ones determine if you have kept to your case plan.

Bring every single little scrap of documentation with you to prove what you have accomplished.

Forgive me if you have already answered this, but do you have an attorney?

If you do then make sure the attorney has copies of all documentation.

If it were me, I think I would ask questions, a lot of questions. Turn the process around and put them on the spot.

That is, "here is my letter, etc from XXXXXXXXXX attesting to the fact that I have completed XXXXXXXXXXX."

Use their own reports to prove the points.

Who will be accompanying you for this review?

Stay strong.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:28 pm

if i remember correctly, you are from georgia.
i too wrote the inspector general, i got a standard letter from them. how do i know it was standard becuase in same envelope, i recieved someone else's letter too. different name, my address and containing her personal info.
i also wrote the governor twice, the second letter i stated that it was the second letter and attached the other one. that letter is the one that got me the attention i needed.

i too had a caseplan like yours. nothing to do, i never had a psychological, never went to court unless i was able to talk my attorney into it, most of the time the judge just wanted to meet with my attorney and work something out. i never really got a day in court after my ajudicatory hearing and i never had to do anything. i had a total of three therapy sessions and i was told that the only reason for them was to show we were doing something. since i never made it in front judge after the adjucicatory, i cant help you. only to say dont let them talk you into anything you dont feel you want to do.

Return to “CPS Investigations”