Sitting here wondering....

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

fightcpsinky

Sitting here wondering....

Postby fightcpsinky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm

First of all I want to thank the creators of this site.

We had our first experience with CPS about 2 weeks ago. They came investigating our children being sick, which they were with the flu. I assured them the children were fine now. they insisted the need to come in to see all was safe... I refused but allowed them to see the children. they left...

They returned this last thurday to arrest me, for an 8 year old fine. while i was waiting to pay the fine at the jail. CPS came to my home and told my wife that i signed a paper giving permission to interview my children , to clearup sexual abuse suspicions which was a bold face lie .

since then have been threatening to get an emergency order.

two days ago they came with the police, this time i was armed with a video camera and let them know that the lies and threats were in violation of our civil rights and would be reported to our attorney .

they have not returned since then

my attorney is filing for court relief with a cease and desist order. but where did they go? are they plotting more against us?
Last edited by fightcpsinky on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

momomma

Postby momomma » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:11 pm

They got a hotline because your kids were sick? Are they school age and missing alot of school? Had the school contacted you about any attendance issues if they had any?

fightcpsinky

Postby fightcpsinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:53 am

actually our children are homeschooled

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:50 pm

You may want to contact HSLDA. Even if you are not a member, they have been known to represent families if the case is a precedent setting one. It's hard to say if the problems specifically relate to your homeschooling, but as a longtime homeschooler, I can tell you that homeschoolers are the target of a disproportionate number of false complaints.

You'll be in our prayers.

fightcpsinky

Postby fightcpsinky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:56 am

now it has been 4 days, is it safe to assume the emergency removal was a threat?

did they just go away?

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 am

No, everything stays in their internal records, even numerous false accusations.

After 3 false accusations, workers in our state are mandated to switch from the family needs assessment track over to the investigative track.

Many govt. agencies have access to these records, probably including police, schools, judicial, etc.

MotherOf3

Postby MotherOf3 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 am

CPS will wait and sit like wolves at your door, My son was born premature. For 18 months they insisted that my son was abused and they had to examine him. They come every month to 2 weeks. They threaten you then just sit and let you sweat. At the 1 year and 6 month mark my husband had a heart attack and the CPS "finally" got in my house because of the cops coming with the ambulance. The Social worker told me if I had just let her in my house in the begining this would of never happen. In the end we won and got our kids back, but I will never forget. So no matter what someone says Never let them in, even under false pretense. Like they did with me, it doesnt matter if they come with an ambulance they are still not allowed in. PERIOD. Dont be tricked like I was.
5 year old daughter: Mommy when the baby comes out is daddy gonna put another one in there?

Mom: 0_0 0_0

p.s Actually the Momof5 now ;)

Return to “CPS Investigations”