My story

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ihavesix

My story

Postby ihavesix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 am

CPS showed up at my home last wednesday with allegations of a dirty home, sex in our bed with children in it, no food, and me being depressed about my infant daughter's death just four months ago. The next day she came back to speak with my husband and children with more allegations such as fly traps that were hanging up several months ago, my children's clothing not being perfect, and that my cats were spraying before we got them fixed back in may. She brought me a packet for a counseling center and wants me to go their for grief counseling because, in her opinion, I'm not coping well. She told us that nothing was a red flag to her except for my depression over this death. I attend two different support groups, have alot of supportive friends, and have support online. I just need to know how to get them to leave our family alone. I'm having trouble sleeping now, one of my kids in now having trouble in school, and it's because of her involvement. My family has endured enough without having this hanging around our necks as well.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 am

I am not an attorney. Check your state statutes. But I believe it is standrad that "Services" are voluntary. You don't have to do anything without a court order. However, that may not preclude CPS from trying to take your children unlawfully.

I would strongly suggest that you seek out a private attorney. Many give free consultations.

What state are you in?

ihavesix

Postby ihavesix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:18 am

I am in Ohio

kelz03103

what I did

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm

I am going to try to help. my helpful solution to the clothes is this,chuck some borax in every load of laundry for awhile. we had the cat spray issue here too. get some non specific letter from your support groups , that you are going and dealing fine,, for YOU, everyone deals in different ways. OR u could do this , they "suggested" a councelor for my family as well specifically my son, so I purposely found one just out of my town, that didn't work with Cps, and when you go , I found a councelor too by the way , not a shrink. I picked her and then interviewed her , BEFORE we started seeing her. I signed a release for her to talk to cps, for my son, not for myself, she has my permission to say yes I am going , and non specific things , like I am making progress , or what have you. all they need is to see you are making an effort , and it is confidential and private. now the odd thing in my situation is the sent IHB workers to my home, one of them is a councelor. so now I have 2. I havent really worked with her yet , but she CLAIMS certain things will not be shared with my cps case manager/ worker. we'll see how that pans out. recently they decided to test all my kids to see if they need an IEP, or have any special educational needs. we went to Easter Seals for my youngest , and my worker tagged along. everything seemed fine , til we had a court date, at that time I was given papers , including the workers description of our meeting, and she said negetive things about me, that I had a slight smell of urine, my hair was a mess as if I had just gotten out of bed , and that my shooes were too big. I lit into her right outside the courtroom , and told her not to talk behind my back like that again, or we wouldn't be working together. they do this , sneak in little negetive things about you, read everything, if you do not like the way something is worded , change it, tell them to change it. sign nothing , with out a lawyer , unless you personally are 100% comfortable with it. You can do things , like your support groups on your own, to speed things up, and do nothing that is not specifically in a court order , signed by a Judge. hope this helps. ~kelz~

lifewokids

Postby lifewokids » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm

as of 8 Sept. 08 our children where taken from us. We have a 4yr.old & a 22mo.(18mo. at time of injury).lil' one was sick for two days, wife was up all night with him he was throwin'up. On that Fri. before I came home wife laid down with him and fell asleep,she woke up with him on the floor crying. We check him out & didn't find anything phyiscally wrong with him. He even took a couple of steps.He was alil' fussy but nothingout of the ordinary. At this time he was just starting to walk,the next day he didn't walk a whole lot on Sat. but he did stand by himself.figured that the fall might have scared him and or his leg was sore. On Sunday got up as usual let the kids play watched tv laid kids down for a nap got them up a couple of hours before supper time. let them play ate supper let them play somemore got them ready for bed and that is when we noticed his leg was swollen, didn't think that it was broken,just thought that maybe it was swallon from the fall of the bed.Cps doesn't believe it happened on Fri. when he fell off the bed. they said it happened on Sunday and for the life of us we don't know what happened.Cps is saying that one of s held him down while the other twisted his leg.There was NO bruising at the break which was his left femer a spiral fracture.I know this sounds bad but we didn't suspect a broken leg Sunday night so we took him to our Pedi. Monday morning. When he walked in the room a looked at his leg he said it looked like it was broke.Went across the street to the hospital to get x-ray and confirm that it was broken.Went to Children Medical to have the break set at is when cps got invovled.Our children have been in foster care now for 3mo. we have an attorney. we need doc. saying that it is probable that he could have gotten his leg caught in his playpen. any further questions please feel free to ask or write me.thank you all for ur help and commints.

Return to “CPS Investigations”