Semi good news!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cambreenellie

Semi good news!

Postby cambreenellie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Well I had another team meeting today and if everything goes well over the next 2 weeks then trial home visits will begin.

My meeting was cut short due to some circumstances that involved the caseworker so I had a few questions regarding trial home visits if anyone can help.

- Are you still restricted taking the kids out of state?
- Do you still have to let your team members (therapist case manager) know what you are doing each day?
- Is the foster parents required to stay involved such as go to doctor appointments?

Below is just a venting session. :)

My scenario - My middle child was having behaviour problems for as long as I can remember, she is 8. CPS accused me of medical neglect and not getting her help. Now my kids were taken in April 2008 and here it is December and they have not yet done what they were suppose to do and they claimed that I didn't do which is take her to a psychologist. They have had 8 months and nothing. My caseworker keeps telling me she is trying to get an appointment set up but can't. How hard is it?? Call and ask for an appointment.

So my kids were traumatized and changed because the caseworker took them and didn't even get my middle daughter help. She is being given back to me the same way she left. Something is wrong with this picture.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 pm

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I'm sure you'd be restricted on taking the kids out of state. I'm glad that at least they get to come home for visits, i hope you're close to the end of it. I'm sadly not surprised they didn't get your daughter help. I'm not real sure what their true goal is, but it's NOT helping kids or families in any way.

Return to “CPS Investigations”