Officer whith holding crutal informaiton in report!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anonymous06'

Officer whith holding crutal informaiton in report!

Postby anonymous06' » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Has any one had this happen to them. Could it be that he just forgot to add this in the report?
Last edited by anonymous06' on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 pm

If they took the kids, by law they have to hold a hearing within 72 hours. This is not up to the CPS worker.

This hearing would take place even if the parents didn't show up.

Did they take custody of the kids?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:38 pm

good dad wrote:If they took the kids, by law they have to hold a hearing within 72 hours. This is not up to the CPS worker.

This hearing would take place even if the parents didn't show up.

Did they take custody of the kids?

Wait...this 72 hour rule how does it work? CPS showed up at my sister's house on may 2nd and the emergency hearing for placement happened may 6th for my daughter to be removed. So does that qualify? Can I get it dropped because of it?
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come Mark 13.33

anonymous06'

Sumner Co. Tn .yes They took kids with out a 72hr disclosure

Postby anonymous06' » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm

They forced that on me but I did not have my witnesses ready yet best ones where out of town and had no affidavits written yet and no lawer. So ...............................

Hear is there out line of what they say thay and there is no disclosure of 72 hour disclosure

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7972247/145-I ... nd-Neglect

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

CPS showed up at my sister's house on may 2nd and the emergency hearing for placement happened may 6th for my daughter to be removed. So does that qualify? Can I get it dropped because of it?

72 hours does NOT include weekends or holidays, May 2 was a Friday and I doubt she could get it dropped after 8 months.

They forced that on me but I did not have my witnesses ready yet best ones where out of town and had no affidavits written yet and no lawer. So ...............................

I wouldn't be suprised if the hearing didn't take place even in your absence or they will say you waived your right to a 72 hour hearing.

Your link deals with the timeframe of "completing their investigation of child abuse or neglect"
Not an "emergency hearing for placement" which petitions the court to continue to allow placement of a child in fostercare"

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Return to “CPS Investigations”