4.2 years later and bit again

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

trappedinwreakage

4.2 years later and bit again

Postby trappedinwreakage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 pm

I prepare to go to Canada with my buddy to help him handle and take care of his sled dogs for two races. We planed a 10 day stay, race on the weekends and train during the week. I pay the small fortune for a US passport $160. We get to the border and they pull me in for questioning. I have a misdemeaner for attempted assult. Canada will not allow "criminals" over the border. Rather than simply telling me this, I am first interagated but two young... GIRLS about the entire event. Im falling apart because it was 1 - unexpected 2 - my buddy spent a decent amount of money on the trip and 3 - I had to re-live the entire experience of being interagated over the entire petty TEENAGE ordeal. So now Im emotionally back where I was when I have just finally began to get my head back together. Great ! No family, no worthy relationship with my daughter, I hate my memories, the old photo albums, no decent job opportunities and I cant leave the country, no big deal but Canada is a place I have gone a few times in my life, also wanted to see Alaska someday... cant get there from here. So Im wondering why the gov. sold me the passport when they knew damn well from my social security number that I could never get out of the country ? Gee I wonder why they took my money ?

So I have a minor over reaction in a disciplinary situation and my life is pretty much over... bravo... sacrificial lamb for the higher cause... I feel so honoured... but still confused about just what the lesson I was supposed to learn was. How to truely hate people ? life ?

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 pm

I wish I knew what to say. At least now I know we'll never be able to go to Canada. The lesson might be to never let anyone brainwash children, but I have a feeling that's going to be harder and harder to do.

nippper

Postby nippper » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 am

Yes Canada is very stringent about who they allow in their country. But you can still go to Mexico and a lot of other countries. Don't let this get you down. You need your strength.
good luck

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 am

Trapped.

In my experience, it is easier to get a criminal record expunged then it is to get one's name off the State Central Register for Child Abuse.

I would, if I were you, go to an attorney, at least for a free consult and enquire about expunging the charge.

It is worth a free consult.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm

p.s. you know that I am in NY State, if I can help you in any way to try to expunge the criminal record, please contact me. I will do whatever I can to help.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 pm

In some states, you dont even need a lawyer to get the 'criminal' stuff removed from your record. I helped a friend get felony larceny removed from their record. (in VA) which once you find the info, it is really easy for the request.! (Took 6 months to hear back from the state) It was just a matter of shooting off a letter with required docs and letter/request to the right department.

We have never been 'pulled in for questioning' when we go to Canada, not that they would find anything, but they never say much of anything to us. The most they have said to us when crossing the border is when my husband was in the car with my father in law behind us, and I was in the car with the kids and my sister in law, they asked if the kids father knew I was taking the kids over the border. (But then again, my husband is a naturalized citizen in the US and is from Canada plus AD military in the US, so perhaps thats they never give us a hard time. I dont know.

Good luck!

Momoffor

Re: 4.2 years later and bit again

Postby Momoffor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:33 pm

trappedinwreakage wrote: also wanted to see Alaska someday... cant get there from here.

You can still go there by flying. As long as the plane does not stop in Canada, you can still go OVER Canada. Or by ship as long as it doesnt stop on Non- US land.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:35 pm

frankly I doubt I could board a plane and really dont want to fly anyhow. It just would have been nice to die with the dream of someday going to Alaska and the only diversion being my lack of getting around to it. It just finalized the total results of my "criminal mind". The bigger concern now is if I ever get a job that qualifies as a living, whenever the economy comes around. I think my applications go right in the garbage can... violent criminal that I am. I'm soon to be 51 and figure I have 10-15 years left, I just wish I could live them without this thing controling my entire life, but its just not going to happen. I have been culled, I wish we would just go back to the public stonings of the ancients, they were really far more humane than having to live a life without dignity. I'd gladly trade 10 minutes of horror and physical pain to a life time of this.

Return to “CPS Investigations”