Now what?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cambreenellie

Now what?

Postby cambreenellie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 pm

I got my kids back in December and I guess it was considered a trial home visit for 30 days then if everything was okay for them 30 days the kids remain with me and it turns into an in home CHINS.

Now I do have a case plan but it consists of basically doing nothing extreme. A therapist comes to my home twice a week for in home therapy with my daughter. This is it! I have to do nothing else.

I just had a family and team meeting last Tues where my team recommended to the caseworker that services to start to decrease. Meaning the therapist will be backing out soon and I'm to set my daughter up with an outside therapist. Basically, this just leaves the caseworker left. She comes to my home every 6 weeks.

So today was court and we were in an out within 4 minutes no joke. The judge just wanted a progress report. The judge and caseworker set the next hearing at the end of July. WTH!!!???!!

Someone please tell me they can't stay in my life that long. This is crap because it's not like I have anything else in my case plan to be doing. I understood they can remain in my life up until 6 months after the children are returned home, how can I challenge their own policies?

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Deleted owing to duplicate responses.
Last edited by MaggieC on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Deleted owing to my duplicate responses, sorry, my PC is acting up.
Last edited by MaggieC on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:04 pm

It depends on your state. In NY, this can drag out for a year or more even when the children are sent home.

In my experience, they do not know or even if they know their policies, they do not follow them.

Do you have an attorney? If you do, your first step is to have the attorney deal with this and draft motions to be certain that the case is closed in a "timely" manner.

Otherwise, in my opinion, it could be a slippery slope but doable for you to bring this to a close.

It depends upon your state's statutes.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 am

If they can stay in your lives for 6 mos. after the children are returned home, then 6 mos. would be June, so July isn't that much longer. Perhaps the courts were booked up or the judge was going to be on vacation in June, etc. and that is why he scheduled the next hearing for July, instead of June.

As you stated, you only see the caseworker once every 6 weeks & the therapist only comes to see your daughter twice a week & it that will be ending soon, so it's not like they are all that involved with your day to day lives.

I know it's frustrating & I know you want them gone for good, but just be patient....you are almost at the finish line!

Do you have a lawyer? He or she is planning on insisting (filing a motion or making a motion in court) that they end the case when you are in court in July, isn't he/she? Make sure that takes place.

Return to “CPS Investigations”