HELP! I'm running but are they going to locate me?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Stormy

HELP! I'm running but are they going to locate me?

Postby Stormy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am

2 years ago cps was called on me for medical neglect, jobless and homeless mother. Well I went to their facility and everything was dropped b/c it was all false accusations and was proven so they let me and my son walk out of the cps building that day. Well, they continued to check in with me and I just eventually stopped talking to them all to together and moved anyway. Case was dropped and I received a later stating so. But before I left they did state that they would take my son unless I signed a plan that stated that my son would never see his father again since he had 2 counts of assault from me. I singed it-but I told them he had a court order in another county to visitation. They said it didn't matter.
Well here I am 2 years later and my friend had CPS called on her and she lost custody 2 months ago. Before she lost custody she put me down as a potential foster parent.
They said they were going to do a home visit and investigate me-and I didn't feel comfortable with that b/c I recently lost my job and was once again moving.
So a few days after she lost custody she churned around and called CPS on me b/c I didn't go through with the whole CPS home study thing for her. I'm not sure the total accusations but she told them that I was once again living with the father which was not true! They called my mom and they explained they were looking for me. She told them I was living in a different state b/c she knows that they truly do more harm than good.
Well I never contacted them and just hid out-this was about 2 months ago.
Well 3 weeks ago the father of my child whom I do not live with but did give a ride home b/c he was intoxicated hit me in the eye and took 2k from my tax return. I reported the theft and the police came out they called crime scene people to take pictures of my eye. I did inform them WE DO NOT LIVE TOGETHER and my son wasn't even there when it happened.
Well now..
this detective who works out of the CPS office is calling me for info on me! Where I'm living and how she wants a protective order placed against him and how I have to go there to write a statement when I already wrote one that night. I know she works with CPS and the Police b/c she said so herself. She even asked me "Don't you care about your son? That's why you need a protective order!"
I explained I was out of state and could not in she still wanted names of my friends and where I was living! So all together I just stopped talking to the detective and I'm pretty sure she's calling CPS on me for the 3rd assault. The only thing I did do was call CPS myself to that office and they refused to give me any information about whatever case against me unless I gave them a phone number. I refused.
So know what? I know they are looking for us and I am not contacting them I don't even know all the accusations from the girl that did call on me for not fostering her child...
So now I'm wondering what will happen I feel like it's only a matter of time before they come busting threw the door! I know I need the whole Camcorder thing.
The only thing I do know is that it's almost like 4 cases against me. 1 from 2 years ago, 2 from the girl that called on me and her husband and 1 from possibly the detective for the assault.
HELLLPPPP!
I've literally been running for almost 3 months now.
~Stormy~
.::We're Still on the run::.

momomma

Postby momomma » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm

I don't have any advice/suggestions but I just read your post and wanted you to know that I hope everything works out for you.

It's got to be terribly lonely and stressful to be on the run like that.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 pm

When it comes to running from CPS, I have no experience with it. Almost all the parents I know of who tried that were eventually apprehended. So all I can do is wish you luck and hope your CPS case will never result in the detention of your child.

For the most part, I think you did right in refusing to talk to them. It seems you have a good head on your shoulders. But I never advise people to run; I advise on ways to fight CPS in juvenile court. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know anyone on this site who is able to give you any reliable advice on how to evade CPS.

You might try asking AFRA... http://www.familyrights.us - they've featured a case where the family was on the run... maybe more than one such case. I know in the past other family rights advocates took in people who were running from CPS, and then later I'd read scathing and hateful reports on how horrible the people involved were (from one or the other parties.) I have never been involved in any of these schemes... call it an underground railroad, perhaps. I don't know if they're still doing that. My decision was not to participate in anything that wasn't 100 percent above board... I feel a need to comply with all laws and not harboring fugitives is part of that.

I have even heard of supposed family rights activists calling CPS on each other after a falling out! :roll: You have to be careful who you get involved with.

I truly feel for you in this situation. I know it must be frightening. You love your child, and how to stay off the radar of authorities and protect that child - that's difficult these days. You would need to stay off welfare programs, definitely. You've got my sympathy because I feel sure you're not a child abuser and don't deserve to be involved in this investigation.

On this site my advice has always been to take a stand and fight it out - in court if need be (no violence!) Have you seen an attorney about this? If not then I'd try to find one to talk to.

Have you tried the local Libertarian Party to see if there are any Libertarian attorneys who might want to help?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Missingher

Postby Missingher » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 am

The underground does still exsist...yes

Missingher

Postby Missingher » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:52 am

I dont want to sound as if I am condoning this but I did want to add that it is always possible for a mom to go underround all on her own-without the help of those that aid it.

Moms do it all the time when a child has for certain been molested and the courts want to hand that child over to the abuser.

I wished I had done this myself.. but I had no way of truly knowing my case would ever end up the way it did...b/c I didnt have this board back then to educate myself with...and I had family and friends telling me to RUN.Ofcourse th e smart advise is dont run..... but....

I also know that when CPS first knocks on a door ... alot of parents then up and move before it has a chance to start. Your case is different..as it has already started.

In my opinion when a mom does run.,.. she is doin it to protect her child from an abuser and that most cetainly falls under as well a system that does NOT protect and absolutley with out a shadow of doubt destroys families.

But when one does decide to run... its a forever life on the run..not as much as for the children b/c they become of age eventually...
however it does change their lives as well... so many factors have to be considered. Mainly the children have to be very well educated on what is taking place (and done out of love)

I guess thats about all I can really say to be posted publicly...
but those that have taken into account to protect their child... are heros ..b/c they basicly give up their life as they knew it..no more contact with family and friends.... your car..your hair style.... your eye color.....etc...and even maybe a trip to the dentist for some cosmetic changing.... as in every little detail should to be changed.

Where as childrens looks will change no matter what as they age... but not Moms .. naturaly.. but other things have to change as well...as in paper stuff...

so take that for what it is worth and Im not condoning it...I am just sharing what all one faces if they choose that route..I chose not too.... but if I could redo it... I just may have knowing what I know now

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:11 pm

There is a vast difference between violating a court order and refusing to talk to gov. officials without a lawyer.

On the Ohio family rights website, the former policeman says you do not have to talk to any gov. official without a court order, nor do you have to go to gov. offices to answer questions.

If Child Welfare has legal custody of a child, and the biological parent takes that child and hide it, then they will get arrested.

You have legal custody of your child, so you have a common law right to the care and custody of your child. It is not illegal to protect your child. I don't see where you have violated any court order. You are not a fugitive. Gov. officials cannot just come along and order you around.

The only thing to consider is that moving around with your child may appear to be a "risk" factor, which will generate a higher level of involvement. They may accuse you of "absconding" with your child, but if you have no court order to stay in the jurisdiction, you are free to move. This was in a VA. case.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:27 pm

http://www.fdno.org/10_tips.html

TEN TIPS WHEN THE SOCIAL WORKER IS AT YOUR DOOR
Detective Robert R. Surgenor (Retired)
Family Defense Network of Ohio

4) The same rule applies whenever an officer of the court, be it a social worker, police officer, or deputy sheriff, wants you to do anything against your will. You cannot be made to "report to the office" of the social worker or to "bring your children in for an interview" without being served with a court order. Only a judge or magistrate, presented with evidence that you have committed a crime, can issue an order that you are obligated to obey.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:42 pm

http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/ ... 156021.pdf

page 2, 3

Later that day, the DSS investigator visited
the home and not finding mother and children there, became
concerned that mother had "absconded" with the children. Mother
was not under any court order or duty to remain at the home.
The DSS investigator immediately filed a petition for an
emergency removal order in the juvenile and domestic relations
district (J&DR) court. The court entered the emergency removal
order on October 19, 2000, finding "severe neglect" and that
mother had "absconded" with the children.

page 13
The trial judge
transferred the matters to Hampton because he found, with regard
to DSS that "the well's poisoned in Virginia Beach."

Missingher

Postby Missingher » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 pm

see.. this makes me so mad... I just didnt know my rights back then....
I had a SW demand me open my door and he was BANGING on it so loud and hard i thought the glass was going to shatter...

I didnt open it.... heck he didnt even know if I was home or not.

BUT he dragged me into court 1 week later and i went alone.. they sent me back home to get my kids. When I returned he my kids taken into " emergancy custody" WITH no court order... as soon as court was over my children were returned to me.
In court I was charged with "refusing to cooperate" ...all because I didnt open my door.

BUT he didnt know if I was home or not...AND he never came back.. he just had someone tack something on my door to appear in court and from that day on my life has been 4 ever destroyed...

Why was he even there? because my X made a call to DFACS...and they believed every word!
I even proved it all lies and they didnt care...

My child missed 2 days of school from the school sending her home with pink Eye and that SW put in my file she had missed 61 days of school. heck it was Sept - there hadnt even been 61 days of school yet! BUT I was accused of truancy ANYWAY!

But yes... I didnt open my door ...and they took me for EVERYTHING..

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:34 am

Marina wrote:http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavwp/3156021.pdf

page 13
The trial judge
transferred the matters to Hampton because he found, with regard
to DSS that "the well's poisoned in Virginia Beach."

That whole case was a mess. Hampton Roads area, for those that dont know is also known as the greater tidewater area, where 7 cities are clumped together to make one seemingly HUGE city.

The woman started out with her case in VA beach, was harassed relentlessly by CPS there, so she relocated to Hampton to live with her sister for help, which CPS is the one that wanted, but VABeach CPS refused to trans the case to Hampton. The caseworker KNEW the mother was staying with the sister, but pulled the absconded with children to get the removal, then proceeded straight to Hampton (where the mother was staying with her sister) to remove the kids.

The caseworkers in VAbeach had lied and twisted things soooooooo much, the mother was never going to get a break. I read that case when mine first happened back in 03, also in VABeach. I havent read it since, but if I remember right, the mother was put on meds to deal with her 'trust issues' and other problems she didnt have until CPS showed up, and she refused to take the meds. CPS was using that as one of the reasons to TPR along with many others. (please Marina correct me if I am wrong and have mixed up cases as I have read so many from VA).

That case is TRULY sickening and its amazing that a judge saw right through the CRAP of CPS. Its just a shame it took so long, and the family had to suffer before someone noticed.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:54 am

To the OP:

If you did not have an open CASE (not investigation) and they couldnt located you, the investigation should be closed after X amount of days. (check to see how long your state has to investigate, VA is 90 days if I remember right). The BAD thing is YOU contacted CPS, so you know they are looking for you. =/

It sounds like they had a case (Not just an investigation, thats why they kept coming around, plus they got you to sign a 'plan') open on you and had to close it because they couldnt locate you.

As far as them making you sign a paper saying your son would never see his father again, even though he has court ordered visitation: You can get contempt for trying to enforce some CPS paper, yet lose your son for not doing what CPS demands. They have got you in a catch 22 there.

I dont condone you running, I think that many of us wanted to, or thought about just packing up and going away from the evil. I dont think that you should bow down to them, but I dont think that running is the answer either. They will find you, and will use medicaid, school reg., medical records, ect to find you.

kelz03103

wait

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 am

do you even know if there is an Open case on you , the 2 year ago ones must be closed I assume, i believe you have a right to know if there is or is not an open case on you you cannot technically be running if economic situations have you needing to move , especially if you are unaware there is an open case , old closed cases are brought up and used against you tho , so you know , also i did the same thing for a short time , i just simply went and stayed at my then boyfriends house a few towns over , i wasnt "running" i was spending time with my bf . Do not call them form anywhere , they have the power to reverse directory , i called and refused to give the address and phine # as well of my Bf's house , i also believed they had no reason to ever go there because MY house and its cleanliness was in question , not his , way later ,on other matters i ended up in court , and in the discovery there was a cps paper where i could see they had obtained the phone number and address , had it all along , by using reverse directory. also , not your problem if they cant keep up with you , you are not on probabtion and as far as i kno are not required to report to them as if you are . Look up state laws or statutes reguarding timely investigations , they have to come to a decision to close or prosecute you within 60 days , find out about that and call a lawyer. Also i have had an abusive ex , and no one can force you to put an Ro on the guy , if you do not , your dumb , but no ones business , how this is done is you go to the court on your very own , get a financial afidavit and fill it out to WAIVE the cost of filing a restraining order . If you CHOOSE not to , again no ones business. you can File an Ro be heard by the judge all by yourself he decides , you dont even have to go into court , i have done this . then you take a copy to the sherriffs office , and they serve it on the ex . i am going to tell you this will come up later as well you are emotionally disturbed from abuse and they will Force you to go to a domestic violence councelor , they did it with me SIX YEARS later told me I needed to go , maybe six years ago , but i have been long over it . they know where you are , if your child is in school , goes to the doctor or if you use your phone so stop running turn around and fight. hard, lemmee know how it is going ~Kelz~

mysticmom

help in ny

Postby mysticmom » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 am

recently cps came to my house out of the blue..
i didnt know who called bt i had a feeling one of my parents..
see when one of my parents wants to hurt me they use my kids and cps...
they abused me my whole life and when i was finally going to be away from them for good they panicked and kidnapped my daughter...nearly 14 yrs ago...
cps couldnt find anything on me so they took that i tried to kill myself when i was 13 yrs of age to get MYSELF OUT OF THERE ABUSIVE CARE
that is how they got my mom out of 15 yrs of jail and me stuck by them all these yrs...and the case kept getting post pones for yrs and yrs....i had a stupid court app lawyers who never called me back....they had good ones...
my mother had a child abuse thing on her from the courts as well from when i was younger and they still put my daughter with my parents....

anyway i stayed and fought for 10 yrs till they gave me a bargain that if i took her every other weekend and every other holiday till she is old enough to make the decision herself...
anyway i took it 10 yrs of going to court every months several times a months wears you down to almost nothing..........

now i dont know what happened but my parents where fighting or something because the day after they came to my house my dad called my house...

i put him on speaker phone so everyone heard him.....and my other son saw his phone number...
he said he called cps because he was sick and tired of all the yrs of my mothers abused and he ranting and raving as well...
she is insane so i will be as well..
I said do u know what u did..
he said yes..
i said do u you know what will happen?
he said yes..
are u aware what they will do i asked him he said yes...and laughed like he was nuts....

my 2 boys heard this....

so i called my husband who im on the outs with as he been trying to get a divorce for while...i told him what my father just did...
he decided to get in on it (he thought cps would fall for his charge btw and he admits this...and plop the kids in his lap and he would be free to go and do what he wanted...well admits this to me..

so he up and calls cps the next day... after i called him and told him what my dad did...(
was my husband not with me all the yrs fighting for my daughter???

and tells them he thinks the kids are in dangers the cps worker comes to my house i get a phone call maybe an hour later telling me i better let her in or she is calling the cops..
i ask why
she tells me because she is banging on my door for a half an hour and im not letting her in...
but IT WASNT MY DOOR..IT WAS MY LANDLORDS DOOR...
SHE CAME IN ALL MAD AND PISSED ALL AND SHE WAS CHANGING HER MIND EVERY 2 SECOND WHICH SHE SAID I WAS AND I DIDNT NOT FIGHT HER AT ALL..
BUT SHE SAID CAN U GET SOMEBODY TO STAY WITH U
BOOM I GOT SOMEBOY..NO NOT GOOD
UM LETS GO DOWN TO csp and take the boys ok we get dressed
no not good
can we let ur somebody u know take custody of them
sure i said and i made arrangements..
no no good..this women i would set things up and she would just change her mind
but she tells cps i did that..
um hello she is the one making the plans......
finally she bullied me into signing them away for 3 days and promised they would be home and all i had to do it clean my medications up and unclutter the house..
i have a very small app and 3 + kids and a husband who did used to stay here.,....

anyway......i did everything they asked and nope they did not comply..sneaky she didnt write it and i was to upset to see that at the time...bet she was betting on that.........

i got a lawyer and she is i think afraid to lose.....

first we where going against them and now we are waiting...

we where doing a 1028 ten we went back and said we will push the 1028 for a few more day

i got all my documents im squeaky clean of every charge they wanted to put on me......

i want my kids..

oh i come to find out from my son they tried to talk both my sons out of the phone call from my father that day...

"that wasnt grandpa" how can that be grandpa
he loves you
why would grandpa call your house and do that..
they talked and talked and talked.

isnt that like removing cocaine from a crime?????

anyway i just came back from my court hearing (my 1028 and she my lawyer told me not to go for it)
just do what they want and "possibly" i will get my kids back

now i know cps and i know u dont ever get ur kids back......she says its my word against theres...
her first thing on her list on cps is that i didnt comply
that i left her out there for a half an hour to bang on the door

i need help

since i am able o be squeaky clean they have come up with a huge bunch of other stuff they took things my son said and twisted it as much as they did trying to make him forget about the phone call

they said i cursed at me sons

they said i call him a
TW
F
Sh
S and loads of other pretty words..

i know he wouldnt ever say that because when i tell him to tell me this little boy that bothers him in school and curses him
he wont even put a letter down...that is how ashamed of those words he is...so i know for damn sure he didnt say those words

i may yell at him send him to him room take play station away and stuff...but never do i call him those words...:(

my baby kicks when u change his diaper so much so u have to hold the legs down well somebody else has too...
well he told them that
and they twisted it that i beat the babies legs up..
omg i died when i heard this..i wouldnt even put a hand on my kids

when they first asked my kids if i hit them my kids said no...and they asked for my kids to be stripped and i stripped my kids

my kids all together had one bruise my son on his ankle and that was from his scooter.....nothing else anyplace else....

but they have me beating my kids up and my baby up....:( My baby :(

i need help.......

this women came into this house already mad from knocking on somebody elses door and now cps of course needs a case....

my lawyer payed does not want to lose do much so i told her i wanted to still go for it he may side with us....
she said she going to get me a court app laywer...

what am i paying her for?????

HELP

SORRY I DONT TYPE VERY WELL............

though i dont want my kids someplace i dont know

my kids are not safe at my parents house either....there doing horrible
the baby has a burn from his acid reflux acting up so bad he has a burn from his but to his knees..

my baby never had one single diaper rash in his life...

my middle son keeps telling me his pee pee stings but nobody is taking him to the doctor and my other son came home from school with stomach ache he never in his life came home from school...and he has also stoped eating....

they are treating one anothr terrible there hitting bitting cursing one another
these kids never did that before they used to hug and say i love u....
now they are telling me to send the other one away they dont care they dont love them......

its because they see the negativety in that house

to boot my daughter has opened up and i found out she has been terribly abused over the yrs over there...

im STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NOBODY WILL LISTEN EITHER

BTW I HAVE ONE GIRL GOING TO BE 14

she usually lives at my moms :(

3 boys going to be 9 6 and 17 months

Return to “CPS Investigations”