Can I videotape Home Visits or at least audio record?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

FightinAL

Can I videotape Home Visits or at least audio record?

Postby FightinAL » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I have been going through a major ordeal with DHR regarding my three kids (I will post my intro in a bit). The SW has been doing monthly home visits and basically is just being nosey asking questions that should be obvious to her (ex. Are you paying your bills? Are you working? Are you and your husband still together and things are going ok? Hello!! If we wasn't working and our bills wasn't being paid, would we still be living in this house with lights, cable, phone etc and would my hubby still be here with me if we wasn't getting along?). Anyways, she has been telling us one thing and then going back and denying that she said something.

I want to know if it is OK for me to record these home visits? She is in my home so I feel I have all rights.

Let me know!

Michael

Yes you can record

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Busbi sells a good video recorder for around $60.00 on line. It is also available from Wal Mart for about $110.00.

kelz03103

here is my thoughts on this

Postby kelz03103 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 am

Yes you can , in some states its is allowed , others its not , some states allow video but no audio , google recording laws in your state. my personal opinion is this I would do it , even if it was against the LAW THEY do things against the law all the time , i would tell them flat out i am recording , we are still in america and i will do what I want in my house. you may not ever be able to use it , i dont know when they record my kids i am supposed to be entitled to ALL evidence in my defense but they denied me having a copy , they said we could view it , how big of them , so they can edit it. Anyway i dont know what the fine or penalty is for recording , illegally , but I will take the fine , i would rather take a fine than be railroaded , and possibly lose my kids :) this is my personal opinion , good luck ~Kelz~

Return to “CPS Investigations”