HELP

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

SharonRising

HELP

Postby SharonRising » Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 am

Hello all,
My name is Sharon. I am from Blacksburg, South Carolina (Cherokee County). I have been fighting DSS since October 3,2008.
Here is my storie,
It was a Friday afternoon, my two younger kids 8 and 9 had been at their Fathers house all week, since we have joint custody every other week. Well the two was coming home that day, my 15 year old girl was at school, my husband and I was in the middle of cleaning, when DSS showed up at my door. This worker tells me that she was there to talk to me about my ex husband, that on that Thursday he spanked one of my sons and left bruises, he also has a record of assualt and battery on me, he was found guilty of this by jury.
Well, as soon as this worker came in she started going through my house, she then told me that if I did not open a door to a room we only used for storage she would call police. Well she called any way. The police did NOT knoxk on my door they just jerked it open, they told me I did not love my kids. The POLICE spoke with the DSS lady out side then they all told me they where removing my kids for neglect, the police did Not go through my house at all they only looked at the pictures the DSS lady said was my house. My kids cried, my oldest son kept saying Mommy I'm sorry for telling about daddy, I don't want to leave you.
That was on a Friday on the following Tuesday my husband, my ex husband and I had to be in court. DSS was going after a finding of NEGLECT on me and my husband and a finding of PHYSICAL ABUSE BY EXESSIVE CORPAL PUNISHMENT on my EX HUSBAND. Right before this hearing was giving papers that said my husband and i allowed my ex to leave bruises and my home was filthy. How can I allow some thing I knew nothing about, since the kids was with him all week? Any way DSS ask the judge to place my 15 daughter in to state care, she is still in a girls home. DSS then asks the judge to place my two boys (8 and 9) with their father the same one DSS is finding he commited Abuse by Exsessive Corpal Punishment. WHAT!!! I could not beleave this. DSS knows this man left the bruises, my kids told them he did it and he told them he did it but didn't mean to, yea right. Well, during the hearing it came out that my EX Mother- In -Law had DSS sent to my home, because at first DSS was talking of taking them from my ex. Well, DSS got what they wanted from the judge. The judge did tell my ex he could not inforce corpal punishment on my kids again ( no hitting them what so ever) and for my ex to take a parenting class. The judge order my husband and I to take a parenting class and me to have a Mental Evalution done.
Judge also ordered I see my daughter twice a month for 1 hour each time supervised by DSS and at DSS request the judge ordered supervised visits with my two boys twice a month for no more than two hours each time, guess who DSS ask to supervise these visits my ex husband who was found guilty by court of abuing me, thats right I have to let him supervise or I can not see my kids. Were is the JUSTICE at in this.
well, my husband and I do the parenting classes, and I take their crazy test, which they say they still don't have results for this, it was done the first week in January, 2009.
My ex husband has not completed his parenting class yet, which was ordered to be done by the middle of January 2009. Also two weeks ago I find out that he is still hitting the boys, because they told DSS their daddy is still hitting them. I asked DSS what they are going to do about this, NOTHING I am told, why, DSS says the judge did not put it in writing( in the court order).
In other words DSS says it is ok to physical abuse, but don't be cleaning your home when they come.
Oh, yea now DSS tells me that it might be October before we go back to court.
I know that my 4th and 14th amendments where broke. I have a court appointed attorney who is a Real Estate Attorney and is NO help to me.
PLEASE I NEED HELP MY KIDS CRY WANTING TO COME HOME AND I LOVE THEM AND WANTING THEM HOME!!
Any help or advice I can get would be so grateful.
Thank You All For Listening,
Sharon
P.S. you may email me at [email protected]
Thank You Again. You all are in my prayers

mysticmom

Postby mysticmom » Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

ha, the lady who took the kids from my home said my home was cluttered and my kids cant stay there till it was uncluttered. and i pleaded them not to be put at my parents house who (i know called along with my nutso husband) anyway my parents have abuse charges on them and guess where they dropped the kids

at my parents house..and guess what is happening to the kids now..
they have been physically and mentally severly abused since..and they never even know what that was all about till now

they where very happy well ajusted kids with the top grades in there class..
there now super unhappy kids beating everyone up including each other..
they never ever cusred and now its in there vocabulary....and now there grades are in the gutter..

so it seems we are in the same boat....

it amazes me what cps is...over and over and over....

what the hell is wrong with this system??????????

i was ill for while so my clutter was clean clothes i had not put away for while..(um ok)

SharonRising

Help

Postby SharonRising » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 am

Good Morning Every one,
I have been very busy this past week sending out emails to all my state representives. So, far I received three replys. Two telling me good luck and they understand what I must be going through and not to give up, but at this time they can't help me. The third one is from my Governor and he says my frustration is greatly understandable and he is contacting DSS/CPS on my behalf and is waiting on a reply from them, then he will be back in touch with me. I pray that he does help my family. Well, the day after I received a reply from the Governor, I find out that the CPS case worker who removed my kids no longer works at DSS/CPS, that she got fired for messing up on a lot of cases and taking kids from one parent and placing them with the other who is abusive and she knows is abusive. Good they fired her but they should return my kids, now that she is fired but nope they haven't. I see my attorney on the 18 and we are going to push for a court date. So, wish us luck and keep us in your prayers, I am praying for all of you.
If you haven't already contacted your Governor then email him, tell him your story, he just might can help.
God Bless You All,
Sharon

Return to “CPS Investigations”