Update.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

eyeq181

Update.

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Okay I left, I left my husband who tried to kill me, and not sure if it will hold water since the state looks at him as perfect, and me as the bad one. They see how my children act. And basically blame it on me. And not on the one who by my standards shouldn't be fit for society. What to do?
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 am

Please summarize your situation.

It is hard to go back through all your posts to review.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:36 pm

My husband went nuts and tried to kill me. I tried really hard to stay. He was abusive and controlling. I got walking pneumonia and passed out and the kids went outside to get help. We would have had them back but hubby got all depressed and tried killing himself, then about a month later tried to kill me. Took a trip to the looney bin. Well he started his stuff again and I ran, all the way to Texas one state over cause I had no place else to go. I didn't file any charges just left. Now I have harrassing calls text and emails. He is lying to the kids on visitations telling them I am pregnant which I am not. Just because I won't answer him.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Where are the kids now?

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:26 am

they are still in state custody, they are saying that he is going to get them. And want to terminate my rights to my younger ones because I left the state and got away from an abusive person. But I can have my teenager back.

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:34 pm

File a police report and protective order. At least let it be on the record.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:12 am

I agree -- you should have a protective order. Also, have you written any affidavits about what actually happened? Did you write a response to the social worker's report so the judge will have all the facts?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

And one more thing -- do NOT worry about what the social workers say about their recommendation to the court. You MUST think positively and work to prove in court that you're the best parent and placement for the kids. They probably won't give you much time to talk in court so at least have everything written down in clear, concise affidavits, and submit to the court a few weeks before the day you go in. Take pictures of your home and beds waiting for the children to be in them... include that as an attachment to your affidavit.

THINK POSITIVE.

Ten times or more daily say out loud, "My children are coming home to live with me in the near future." Or words to that effect. Keep thinking positively and keep up your energy to work this case and foil the attempts of the evil social workers who just want to devastate you. Ignore their negativity. Ignore it totally. Just complete your court ordered services and document your case thoroughly for the court and your attorney.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:51 am

eyeq181 wrote:they are still in state custody, they are saying that he is going to get them. And want to terminate my rights to my younger ones because I left the state and got away from an abusive person. But I can have my teenager back.

Who's "they?" The kids or the state? If its coming from the kids, I wouldn't necessarily ignore the info, but they are probably getting it from your ex.

Get the protection order and do whatever you can to get documentation on his suicidal/homicidal behavior.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:31 pm

There is documentation of this, they have had it all in hand. Then want to ignore it along with a failed evaluation. No joke. In the states eyes there is several documentations that he is abusive and the kids have said it, and yet they find him to be the perfect parent. They are giving him the kids, the 2 younger ones because he hasn't cause harm to them yet and calling them names is not bad enough.

I was deemed the bad one, because I might have taking a sudafed when I had walking pneumonia. And passed on on my watch. This is the worst thing I have ever done. He is the scariest man alive and will most likely try to harm or kill the little ones behind closed doors. I am not kidding. This man has the ability to make everyone feel sorry for him and manipulate them in to his way of thinking. I really don't get it.

How can I protect my kids. I have filed a restraining order yet because I left the state and I don't want him to know where I am at. That will have my address printed right on it. I have filed them in the past against same man and I have had him arrested for abuse they don't care about that.

This is why the system is so messed up.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:22 pm

I am up the night before court. It is going to be a battle. I can already tell.

My husband who has been proven to be a psychopath is the one they see fit to raise the kids. They don't even know what that means. It means he is able to change is personality to manipulate the situation. The worst thing I did was leave the state, and tomorrow when it is brought up I will tell them I had 2 choices, 1. Leave the state or 2. Have him arrested for domestic violence. Which either or is going to come back on me. Now they are saying why am I coming out with this now, well because he said he would kill me if I told.

I just find it funny, that they have all the proof right infront of them and they still think he is a perfect person and I am the bad one. All because there testing machine is messed up. My ex told my kids that I was pregnant which I am not and that I was going to lose that baby too. And sad around and groomed them, for what ever reason.

Really can people be this dumb? Not to see.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Well I went to court. They are ready to terminate my rights to my children, because I left. Even though I have kept contact with them on a weekly basis. And told them why I left. It doesn't matter really I told them what my husband is and they still take his side. They stood right there and brought my teen in to court to here it all.

What no one see is that my husband is a sociopath. Every description fits him to a tee. When the judge asked me if I left on my own I said no I had 2 choices. I could leave the state or have him arrested for domestic violence, those where my only to choices pick one.

Truth is they pushed me out of my kids lives all of them. My teenager stated he wants to stay where he is at and, my other 2 don't know that I left my husband. But I am sure that they can since it.

I am not going to cover for my husband anymore, since they are going after my rights I am going to council ling , random drug test, and domestic violence classes that are set up by me with a little help from another caseworker in the state in which I am currently living. I refuse to go to my own kids funerals. And if it does come down to this I will have no choice but sue the people that I have warned about this. And seek some true justice for my children.

This is my only update for now. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:40 am

I am so sorry. Keep fighting.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:43 pm

I am fighting.

I found out that all I have to do is an assesment to see if I am a victim. He will have to do the classes if it is found that he is an abuser.

But what gets me is that the Casa and the social worker knew this and the neglected to report it. And were about to award custody to my husband.

I spoke up in court this last time. And I am proud of myself. It may cost me the kids though. Not because I spoke up but because I told the truth. When the judge looked at me and said I moved out voluntarily on this day. I said no your honor I had to choices leave the state or have him arrested for domestic violence. Once said they all pushed us out of the court room so the GAL, Judge and DA could consult. And they still are trying to term my rights because I left. But they are trying to return the kids to him because he is the one there.

To add fire to it all, I left to go and stay with my oldest son's father. Only option at the time. Now the court ordered him to do a DNA test. If that comes back and he is the father of my 15 year old does he have rights? This is something I would like to know.

Right now people are cloning around my son, and my son won't talk to me at all. He wants to stay at the Baptist Boys Ranch in a state which neither of his parents live. Scary thing is the state and the people he trust are trying to emancipate him so that he can be tried as an adult for a crime which he didn't commit. They buy him things and say he is there to protect him and say all these wonderful things but do not speak the truth about what is really going to happen if he stays on this path. I am really lost here. I don't know why my son won't talk to me he just refuses at this time.

My ex who is around all the children is teaching them what to sa such as mom was a bad mom wasn't she. She was lazy hun do you remember when and oh you might be to young to remember but it did happen. I have proof of my husband doing this the dumbass wrote it all out in a letter.

I also have a 13 year old that is coming to court with me to the Term hearing. Who is witness to my husband trying to kill my son and me just having a baby pulling him off of him. She has see his abuse over and over again. I was a victim for so long but not now and never again. And I don't want my kids to be victim's ever again either. So what ever it is that they are going to do I guess I have to live with it.

Return to “CPS Investigations”