CPS blocking my mail!!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Northapt

CPS blocking my mail!!!

Postby Northapt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 pm

The counselor where my daughter and grandbaby are in addiction treatment today admitted to me that the reason I was getting all my mail and gifts to my granddaughter back was that CPS told them to send it back refused. My daughter can have no contact with me and the center is to refuse mail. What the hell!! Did someone burn the bill of rights and not tell us? I think this might be a violation of the postal code too? any thoughts anyone> I see a lawyer tomorrow.

tossthekitty

Postby tossthekitty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 am

Wow - I'm pretty sure thats illegal. If prisoners in "big house" get their mail (albeit - rifled through).

Northapt

Postby Northapt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:23 am

Thats what I was thinking too

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 am

If they have custody they can do anything they want to.

But it is a very very good idea to hire an atty pronto. Having an atty, especially a good one can tip the scales.

Hang in there.

Northapt

Postby Northapt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Met with new lawyer today. It is illegal for the treatment facility to withhold mail. Here we go.............

70.96A.160
Visitation and communication with patients.

(1) Subject to reasonable rules regarding hours of visitation which the secretary may adopt, patients in any approved treatment program shall be granted opportunities for adequate consultation with counsel, and for continuing contact with family and friends consistent with an effective treatment program.

(2) Neither mail nor other communication to or from a patient in any approved treatment program may be intercepted, read, or censored. The secretary may adopt reasonable rules regarding the use of telephone by patients in approved treatment programs.

[1989 c 270 § 29; 1972 ex.s. c 122 § 16.]

tossthekitty

Postby tossthekitty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Nice - you bagged a "fish" - Now pop it on the head and GUT IT! ...chop off the tail - take those nasty bones out, skin it and COOK IT GOOD - hahahaha! Makes me happy dude.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Mail tampering is not a good thing to do. You can get prison time just for opening your spouses mail. Any kind of tampering is bad. This I do know.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “CPS Investigations”