What are the laws on letting an investigator in your house?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

salgado74

What are the laws on letting an investigator in your house?

Postby salgado74 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I have a case that is being investigated on me because my daughter took one of my perscription pills and I was charged with endagering the life of a child because the police said I took too long to go to the hospital. 15 days and several lies later CPS is now saying in order to close my case they need to do a home inspection and speek to my husband who was not in the home at the time and currently living in Mexico? Also, they still have not interviewed the children but told me that the interview will be done with out a parent! Everything I have read online says that they can have a parent present and that I do not have to let them into my house? Please respond because when I call Lawyers they tell me to do everything CPS asks. I live in Illinois if this matters to state laws? Thank-You Michele Salgado

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 pm

There is legal section on the site.

Go to this link and read it exactly howshe says to read it.

http://nhdcyf.info/index.html

Linda has info at this site http://www.fightcps.com/articles/whattodo.html
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Emily_Rugburn

Postby Emily_Rugburn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:23 pm

You have rights in this country. They are all stated in the Constitution of the United States of America. These rights apply to all citizens, and even to resident aliens. What you need to remember is this: #1. You have the right to remain silent. This means you do not ever have to open your mouth at any time. You may keep your lips shut. This is best even if you are innocent. #2. You do not ever have to let anyone in your house without a warrant that specifically states that they are allowed to enter your house. I warrant will only allow them to do certain things, and they will be listed on the warrant. If anyone EVER asks to enter your house, ask to see the warrant. I don't care if your house is perfect. They will lie and fabricate reasons to say your child is neglected. #3. Do not ever let anyone speak to your child without you present. Your child also has the right to remain silent. Tell your child not to speak to strangers, even if they are a government entity.

Most parents will feel that it's ok to speak to CPS because they feel that they have nothing to hide, however, like I said above, CPS will lie in their statement if they cannot find a truthful negative thing to say about you. They will not write down anything good about you. It does no good to plea with them. They are only looking to keep their jobs, and taking your children is the only way they will get federal funding.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:52 pm

If it were me, I would not let them in. I would not let them interview my child. I would not let them interview my spouse. I would stand firm and demand a court order for them to do
anything.

But dealing with CPS is a slippery slope. Many attorneys have said that one needs to "think" one way and act another way.

Some have said (quoting the Bible) that one needs to be as shrewd as a serpent and as innocent as a dove.

What are the laws in your state? That is; what is the legal amount of time that CPS may investigate a case?

In NY, where I live, it is 60 days.

Frankly, in my humble opinion (I am not an attorney) I would not let them do anything without a court order. Be polite, be nice, but don't give an inch. Stall. That, again, is in my humble lay opinion as I am not an attorney and therefore may not give legal advice.

If there was no basis for the investigation in the first place, i.e. an accident, they will most likely use the interviews and the home inspection as a fishing expedition to find something in which to incriminate you.

As you are in Illinois, there may be legal clinics at the Universities that may be able to help you should you not be able to afford a private attorney. If you can afford a private attorney, retain one now.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 am

They will go to the childrens schools to try to interview them without your knowledge or being there. Get it through your kids heads to tell them "I will not speak to you without my parent or lawyer present'.

You dont have to do squat without a court order! But oh will they try and threaten, and lie.

Good luck!

Emily_Rugburn

Re: What are the laws on letting an investigator in your hou

Postby Emily_Rugburn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

If I hadn't let them in my house, they wouldn't have ever found anything to use against me. They would have taken me to court anyway, but with no ammunition. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm

We have all made the mistake of letting them into our lives thinking they were the "law" :( .
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:53 am

Dazeemay wrote:We have all made the mistake of letting them into our lives thinking they were the "law" :( .

Or that we had nothing to hide. Who knew that these monsters were the pathological liars that they are.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

This Illinois attorney used to take pro-bono cases only, but I think he's gone to a low-pay system.

Call him; see if he will advise you: http://www.theroadlawyer.com/

He left his contact info on my lawyers page here at FightCPS, so I know he does accept CPS cases.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”