DS & DIL in Shock

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Daruma

DS & DIL in Shock

Postby Daruma » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 am

I've posted my story in the Newcomer section. The gist is: Grandchild taken from DS & DIL in the hospital, due to CPS involvement with DIL's first baby (different father). CPS bullied DS into showing them their home, which is under renovation. Drywall had been taken down for re-wiring, old carpets pulled up & disposed of, etc. The house wasn't too clean, either, as DIL had experienced a lot of pain during her pregnancy & was unable to do much housework. As you can imagine, CPS had a field day with all that. DS says the caseworker's eyes just lit up when she saw the mess. DS & DIL tried multiple times to explain that they'd made arrangements to live with relatives after the baby was born, while DS finished the rehab on the house. The upshot is that the baby is now with strangers, we don't know where, and the first hearing is later this week. The CPS worker apparently gave the kids the impression that no services would be offered; DS said she seemed determined to see to it that DIL would never be allowed to raise a child. Ever. I guess if they have more kids, she's just supposed to consider herself a breeder for the state? What absolute cruelty. The baby was allegedly removed solely on the condition of a house it wasn't even going to live in, although of course the paperwork paints DS & DIL in the worst possible light. My sweet, soft-spoken, gracious young DIL is painted as a low-IQ imbecile, and my smart, funny, generous, hard-working son is painted as a lazy ne'er-do-well. I'd love to give details to show the absurdity of it all, but I don't know who lurks here, so I'm being cautious.

I'm now helping DS prepare a statement of omissions and corrections. It's taking a while, because they've given us a lot to work with.

I'm already trying to adjust to the fact that we may never see that baby again. Although if that happens, it won't be for lack of effort on my part. I appreciate all the advice I've been given on other threads in this forum. There's an attorney in our area who fights CPS, but we can't afford the retainer ($5000). So, that leaves us doing all the research and legwork for ourselves. I suppose the court will appoint an attorney but I'm trying to fill in the gaps that he might not have time to do.

DS & DIL are traumatized. They know what needs to be done, but they're moving slowly, in a daze of confusion and pain, when they should be taking focused energetic action.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Return to “CPS Investigations”