arizona law

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cpscoruption

arizona law

Postby cpscoruption » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm

me and my wife are ivolved with cps and the worker told my wife to get our kids back she needs to leave me .but from what i understand they cant do this i need to get the law that states that because our public pretenders arent working for us.so im doing my own work.Also the foster parents are discussing the case with our kids but cps told us if we discuss the case it will be used againt us.My ten year old in a foster home was told what happened in court and my daughter replied oh that just means it will be a little bit longer before i go home and the foster mom said no you dont understand you are never going home until you are 18.

Marina

Re: arizona law

Postby Marina » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi, and welcome to the site.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Learn everything you can.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 pm

How long have your children been in foster care?

Do you have a plan?

I don't know of a law that says they can't tell a wife to leave her husband; they do that all the time.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

cpscoruption

Postby cpscoruption » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am

My children have been in foster care 1 year.do you mean a case plan or a plan to get them back .if you me a plan to get them back my public pretender is not helping me and i even told him they didnt even have a warrant to come in our house and that cps used the scare tactic on my wife by calling the police.my wife didnt want to go to jail and lose the kids so she let them in.I told the officers that came that my grandfather fought for my right to refuse entry and the officer replied f your grandfather.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 pm

There are two separate cases here:

1) The CPS case - with Juvenile Court hearings. For this one you should have a copy of the court order with the required "reunification plan" on it - so you'll know what you need to do to be considered for possible future custody of your kids. You'd better hurry and complete all these requirements as after 18 months they can terminate parental rights.

2) A possible Civil Rights case which would take place in Federal Court - hopefully with an experienced Civil Rights attorney.

Your Juvenile Court attorney woudn't be the one to consult about a Federal Court case. Attorneys have their own specialties.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”