amber

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

amber24

amber

Postby amber24 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 am

What does it mean when the judge is going to be disposing my case?

kobluti

Re: amber

Postby kobluti » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:15 am

amber24 wrote:What does it mean when the judge is going to be disposing my case?

To answer your question you need to provide more details such as: Does CPS have you children, if so since when; how did they get your children - voluntary placement, court order...; what state are you in; who told you a judge is going to be "disposing my case."; ....

I think (and i'm guessing) you are told that the Court will be closing (eg disposing) your case. If that's true the Court will be closing the file and returning your previous status relating to conservatorship unless the Court somehow modified conserevatorship in the present lawsuit.

Hope this helps. Peace and Grace be yours!

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

amber24

Postby amber24 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:02 am

the judge himself said himself this month on the 28th he was disposing my case. yes my daughter is in state custody. She is 3 months old I had a previous child taken 2 years ago and thats why my 3 month old got taken. I relinquished my rights then. The courts didn't terminate them last time I didn't take it to trial This time I did and that's what the 28th is. And the state has no evidence. They can bring stuff up but they have no evidence. I have nothing to hide. The judge already told the state that my last case is not relevant to this case. They never even gave me a chance took my baby right out of the hospital. I was a victim of domestic violence 7 years ago. Not because of drugs but just because of me being victimized. What about the abuse that cps is doing to families. They are actually emotionally destroying children isn't that abuse.Childen need to b with the parents. I get to see my 2 year old whenever my mom adopted him. I see parents actually abuse their kids and actually neglet them and they do drugs and nothing happens to them. Believe me they get reported it's just they don't do nothing. Instad they want to take children away whos parents actually love their children. I'm in kansas

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 am

There are lots of legal dictionaries online but I can't find "disposing" listed in them.

So... I don't know what the judge was trying to say. Hopefully Kobluti is right on this one!

There was a federal law passed in 1997 called ASFA - the "Adoption and Safe Families Act" ... this law had within it a provision that anyone who had a TPR (termination of parental rights) done could have their new babies taken directly from the hospital - with no reasons given, no reunification plans, no visitation.

It sounds like the judge told the caseworker that the law didn't apply to you because you didn't have an actual TPR hearing. Is that right?

So, how long has your baby been in foster care?

Have you signed papers in court?

Did you get a social worker's report to the court?

Is there a reunification plan?

Are you getting visitations? If so, how often?

Also, welcome to the site... though, it is so sad that you have need to be here!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

amber24

Postby amber24 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:31 am

there was no TPR hearing and 3 months she been in foster care. I get visitation 1 hour per week. No I didn't sign no paperwork. I'm taking everything to trial.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Search - depose definition legal

It could mean to get a deposition - where the parties and lawyers get together and question witnesses outside of court, record it and type it up so the judge can read it before court.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:55 pm

When a case is disposed, the court has made a decision and the case is closed.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:21 pm

A caveat to my last post. While a case may be disposed in court does not necessarily mean that CPS will close their case. This is the problem with CPS investigations and statutes. One court or one court's decision does not mean your CPS case is closed.

Return to “CPS Investigations”