Do CPS workers get bonuses in the checks for taking in kids?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

newt

Do CPS workers get bonuses in the checks for taking in kids?

Postby newt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:33 am

Sorry, I am new to all this, it just started for us approx. 3-4 weeks ago.
Before this, I had no idea any of this was possible.
I am still learning, so please let me know if I use the wrong words,
posting something in the wrong place or whatever ...
it is appreciated. =)

(*Warning, I use light sarcasm to make "light of" or sort-of "joke" about stressful things, it's how I cope ... I hope that's ok, in this informal setting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was recently told, by someone on the internet, that CPS case workers/agents, in Michigan,
get a $1800 Bonus in their income checks from DHS/CPS =
PER CHILD, that they remove from a home, whether it be true abuse/neglect OR
they are completely innocent/falsely accused/mistakenly accused/etc.

I can not find this info anywhere else, to verify/confirm if it is correct or not?

Is it true or false that the agents get bonuses in their checks for removing children?
or
Is it true they get bonuses, but the amount I was told = is that correct or not?
if the number is not correct, What amount do they get as bonuses?

Is there a way I can look this up, myself = for my own records/information?

I just want to make sure/CONFIRM it's CORRECT before I say that in public or to anyone else.

THANK YOU DEARLY FOR ANY & ALL POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS, IN ADVANCE!!! =)

Signed,
VERY CONCERNED (& obviously scared) mother of 2 autistic daughters (approx. 5 & 9) & a newborn son =}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can explain the details of my "case", IF anyone wants to read it ...

In a nutshell =
it's all over a MED CLINIC goofing up 1 prescription for my autistic daughter (5yr) and that med clinic NOT fixing it (& the bottle's label) ASAP.
+ That clinic supplied partial & INCORRECT INFO to an "affiliate" of theirs (in another agency that we received services for that child at).
Thus, this "affiliate" immediately called it in to CPS for "the mother/parents not following the label on a minor's prescribed medication bottle" WITHOUT hearing/getting the truth or the rest of the facts.
... Within 24-48 hours of that call, this "affiliate" found out THE REAL & COMPLETE FACTS, PERSONALLY Apologized to US, says he regrets calling CPS BEFORE he learned all the facts/correct info, ~BUT~ he will NOT admit he made a mistake = becaaaaause he is "mandated to report" etc, etc. .... He said, "for us", he'd tell all this to the CPS worker that's now "investigating" us, but we don't want him speaking for us = AGAIN!
Then CPS came out to the house, etc. etc. ...

The kids are still here =)! But, of course, I am just waiting for them to burst in here, with ~ANOTHER~ TRUMPED UP / COMPLETELY FALSE accusation (that I did NOT do) & take my kids.

Obviously, there's alot more DETAIL to this story ... but that's the BEGINNING of how this mess got started with CPS.

If you need to know more, just ask. =)

Thanks, again!!!
Hugs to all!

kobluti

Re: Do CPS workers get bonuses in the checks for taking in k

Postby kobluti » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 am

I've seen the same internet posts that CPS get bonuses for the removal of children but have NEVER been able to confirm the basis for such statement. If you find anything on this in any State would you please let me know.

It sounds like there is no basis for further investigation but in my experience that's never stopped caseworkers investigations. Read all the reference materials in this website to educate yourself. Make sure that when the investigation is closed that the department deems the matter "no reason to believe" b/c it will stop the department from ever using this information in the future. I don't know aboout Michigan but Texas allows for an administrative hearings review so as to ensure that a case has properly beenn closed.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 am

I've never heard of detention bonuses in Michigan. The only state I ever found that in was Florida - some years back. I don't know if they still have that law. I think I found it by reading either state statutes or social service regulations.

There are occasionally rumors of caseworkers getting bonuses but they deny it is true. They go so far as to say there's "no money in it" for them but that is bogus because they obviously are all getting paychecks for doing what they do.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

newt

Postby newt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 am

Thank you =)

yeah, I thought it might very well be "untrue" ...
I couldn't find it anywhere n the internet either.
that's why I asked here = to double check.

Well, if they did, I bet there'd be even MORE removals for trumped up or false claims.

YUP! READING MY EYES OUT! WHEN the babe & girls let me, that is. =)!

I luv this sight = good people, sooo informative & honest info, too!!!

Best of wishes to all ...
if I find out anything on this "BONUS" topic, I'll make sure to come back & update it.
But, I doubt it's true.
=)

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Nancy Schaefer report •that The Adoption and the Safe Families Act, set in motion by President Bill Clinton, offered cash "bonuses" to the states for every child they adopted out of foster care. In order to receive the "adoption incentive bonuses" local child protective services need more children. They must have merchandise (children) that sell and you must have plenty of them so the buyer can choose. Some counties are known to give a $4,000 bonus for each child adopted and an additional $2,000 for a "special needs" child. Employees work to keep the federal dollars flowing; The Corrupt Business of Child Protective Services
By: Nancy Schaefer
Senator, 50th District

This is a lawyer who wrote about Michigan bonuses http://falseallegations.com/michigan.htm
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 am

Here's Janet's website: http://www.janetfrederickwilson.net
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Search your state for Adoption Bonuses.

In our state, there was a large picture of the governor accepting the adoption bonus check, posted on the social services website several years ago. The money goes to child welfare, etc.

You can do a Freedom of Information request for your locality.

Actually I have seen where there was a federal award given jointly to the county child welfare department, the local adoption agency, and the local juvenile judge for having a large number of adoptions.

newt

Postby newt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks! especially for the lawyer link!

yeah , I knew the CPS agenCIES get funds/bonuses for each adopted child OUT of the system ...

but the rumor I had heard was that the CPS AGENTS =
the single person that comes to your door & "investigates" you =
THAT PERSON gets $1,800 per child that they themselves REMOVE from someone's home =
regardless if innocent/unfounded ...
like a "bonus" or "tip" in their CHECK from CPS, for that agent "doing a good job" - type thing.

That was what worried me, more ...

"oh, I need a new car by next weekend, let's see how many kids I can TAKE by Friday."
ugh, scary thought.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 pm

How much is passed under the table is anybody's guess :roll:
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:20 pm

I doubt there are very many bonuses given to individual caseworkers. The bonus they get is that they get to keep their job for doing the dirty work assigned by their supervisors.
Sample Document Library

DaddyWillWin

Postby DaddyWillWin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 pm

I believe that CPS employees, like any employees anywhere, make themselves more or less valuable to the organization they represent based upon how much money they bring into the organization. Every time they place a child in foster care they get more money from the Federal and State governments supporting CPS. Every time they make you or your children jump through a hoop... more money trickles in. If individual employees were not rewarded in some way (promotions, etc...) for creating scenarios whereby CPS as an organization could receive more money from the public trust I would be highly surprised! In fact, I opened a topic on this very site today that talks about my own ongoing experience and belief that there is an undercurrent of driving monetary forces that seem to me to outweigh policies in the best interests of children. It is under "CPS Investigations" and entitled "Does CPS Care More About Money Than Kids?" Good Luck to you, and Remember... WE ARE THE LAW. They Work For US!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:41 pm

You might like to keep a journal on associations you can find between your local caseworkers and "service providers".

Service providers are those that get paid by CPS for "helping" their clients. We're talking about psychologists, therapists, parenting class teachers, group home operators, etc.

For example... Jane Doe works as a social worker. Her husband, John Doe is a doctor that CPS sends a lot of kids to. Her best friend is a family therapist who works with CPS clients. Her cousin is a foster parent who wants to adopt somebody's children. (Do you think those parents will ever get their baby home no matter what they do?)

Meanwhile Judge Boss has part ownership of a chain of grouphomes (very lucrative). His wife is a psychologist who does psychological evaluations on parents.

All "Services" are reimbursed from the Social Security fund, by the way.
Sample Document Library

Return to “CPS Investigations”