Under CPS investigation. Please Help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cbrooklyn

Under CPS investigation. Please Help

Postby cbrooklyn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm

My name is Cynthia and I live in Las Vegas, NV. On Sept 5th 2010 2 CPS workers showed up at my door saying they had an anonymous tip that my 17, 15 and 13 yr old children were not being fed, that we obtained their clothes from the trash, that the house was dirty, that there was educational neglect going on (because we homeschool), that their older brother (25 yrs old) who also resides in the house used marijuana, and etc, etc. They were invited inside and they interviewed all 3 kids separately as well as my 6 yr old grand daughter. We showed them the house was clean, the refrigerator was well stocked and the kids were neither neglected nor abused, The CPS workers left saying "well obviously these allegations are unfounded but we must present our findings to our supervisor, we will be in touch" leaving me with a business card, I gave them my number and said just call and let me know ... 9 days go by and they show back up unannounced at our door again, this time saying that they were told that our children couldn't read, so one by one the children went to the door and read to them, Once again the CPS workers left saying "well our recommendation is to close the case but it has to be approved by our supervisor" and then they added "and she might want your 25 yr old son to take a drug test .. We then asked that they not come back to the house unannounced and gave them our phone number for the second time. The next morning she called me and said once again that she was going to recommend the case be closed but had to speak with her supervisor and that she would call me later that same day or possibly the following Monday, because she only worked Monday through Wednesday. Instead of waiting for her to call me today (Monday) I called her, she said she needed to speak with her supervisor and would call me back within the hour. Two hours later I received a call from her stating that her supervisor requested that not only my 25 year old son but my boyfriend and myself needed to be drug tested, I am a 46 year old woman that has raised 6 kids, 3 that are fully grown and are productive citizens, none of us have ever had a drug charge, my record is very clean as is my 25 yr old sons, my boyfriend had a charge in the mid 1980's but hasn't been in trouble since and it wasn't violent or drug related in any way. I feel like I'm being railroaded here, Please tell me that CPS doesn't have the right to drug test from just an anonymous tip, my 25 yr old son is a lighting technician in the entertainment industry, I don't know what he does outside of this house, most likely he's smoked a little pot here and there with friends at parties but it isn't done in my household or around my children. CPS would have to show just cause before a judge to get a court order to do so, right?

Dazeemay

Re: Under CPS investigation. Please Help

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 pm

The biggest help would be for you to contact a lawyer and not just any lawyer it has to be one who fights cps cases. When they know you have a lawyer they usually back off. This move saves one a lot of trouble and heartaches. Our lawyer let the schools know and went to the cps office with my daughter. We never heard from them again. We put a retainer fee down and he used some of that; then we left the rest of the retainer fee with him for a year until we felt safe that they would not return.

Do you belong to HSDL for homeschoolers? If you do call them right away.

Did you sign any paperwork for them? If you didn't, don't under any circumstances sign anything.

CPS can make a just cause out of anything for the judge.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LanceBabe

Re: Under CPS investigation. Please Help

Postby LanceBabe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:05 pm

I second the previous advice. Don't sign ANYTHING; get a lawyer; don't agree to ANYTHING -- no drug testing, no nothing -- without a lawyer. They're fishing here and nothing more.

Return to “CPS Investigations”