Who Is At Risk from CPS Interference?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

Re: Who Is At Risk from CPS Interference?

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 pm

I'd add - people who have their kids in government schools.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Also, parents of disabled children. Not only are symptoms of the disability or coping measures by parents sometimes interpreted as signs of abuse/neglect, but the state gets more money for these children.

I've been investigated several times and I have a disabled child. They have come up with several things as abuse or neglect, when it was just things associated with his autism. When I once showed the caseworker an article on autism to show that I was right (and it's even called Autism 101 for Mandated Reporters!) her response was "I don't care!" :evil:
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Actually, everyone is at risk. Children have been taken from middle class stable working families. Children have been taken away fro lawyers and doctors. The point is; everyone is at risk.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 am

Military families where one parent either is or has been deployed leaving it as a single parent household with no family nearby.

They also assume that enlisted spouses are uneducated and the family is poor.

Another assumption is that its a high stress situation even if the other parent is not deployed, and by not having family nearby means that the primary caregiver is overwhelmed.

Oh and that any service member who has served in a war is a violent ticking time bomb with PTSD therefore, putting the children in danger ...Never mind that the same parents have served in numerous wars and deployment is just the way of life. Its another world and those that dont live in it ..dont understand.

Return to “CPS Investigations”