wronged and confused.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

crlsbbymm

wronged and confused.

Postby crlsbbymm » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I have two children one is 18 months and the other is just about 3 months old. My recent son was born two months premature and spent time in the nicu. i do not have a car and normally not a baby sitter so I was not able to make it in everyday. it turns out that someone from the hospital called cps stating that I have only seen my child 4 times in a whole month. This was completely inaccurate, we made them go ahead and go back and look at all the times I had been in. They found that I had been in frequently but cps said it didn't matter that they were going to go off what they had first heard. The first time cps called me the woman was harsh and rude. She yelled at me telling me that I was a bad mother and that I had neglected my child who was in the nicu at the time. after the first day I didn't hear from them until the day before he came home. To be able to take my child home from the hospital I had to sign papers that I had to have someone who was approved by them with me 24/7. My parents decided to be my watchers I have to go with them everywhere. i have to get my children ready if they have to run to the store for 5 minutes. this isn't easy because my son has breathing problems and is on an apnea monitor. I have only seen this woman twice once before he came home to sign the papers and for about 10 minutes after he got home. The first time I saw her I was about 20 minutes away form my home and she had told me if I wasnt at my house in 15 minutes to sign the papers that she would take my children from me. the second time I saw her I had gotten upset and started crying she told me. " You should be happy I am being nice to you if I wanted I could get a petition and take both your children right now".Now they are talking about an in house protection plan saying that for the next 6 months I need to take parenting classes and mental evaluations. and I have to get signed signatures from a doctor saying that I bring my sons to their appointments. I talked to her supervisor and she would give me no straight answer as to why I needed to get this done. Her answers has always been "we just have some underlying concerns". They have barely talked to me I have done nothing and they persist to toy with me. they would not even give me a new case worker even after all the things the woman has said and done to me. i don't know what to do I feel like they are going to toy with me for no reason. It is breaking my family apart. I do not know what to do. I am afraid they have found nothing wrong with me and so have decided to keep at it til I break and they will have a reason to take my children from me. Please help I love my boys.

angelheart83

Re: wronged and confused.

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 am

I'm sorry for what you're going through. It's amazing what these people are able to get away with. A reasonable person would have realized there was no problem when the initial report turned out to be unfounded. It's horrible that they are relying on the initial report even though it's proven false.

Your best shot at getting them off your back is to hire a lawyer. I understand that this is easier said than done. I am also a poor mother with no car. :? If you're expecting a tax refund, maybe you could either get an advance on it or apply early in January.

They really should have better things to do than chase parents who are able to prove allegations false.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am

They always say they have underlying concerns but never tell you
what those are. We had that problem and still don't know
what they were. My guess its just their way of keeping you in
their clutches. Get a lawyer and have them find out the concerns.
You have a right to know what you are supossedly doing wrong.

rileys mommy

Missouri cps stole my 2 year old

Postby rileys mommy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 am

I have no charges against me! None what so ever! The father molested our daughter infront of me! the police were called, took her to the hospital with the overland police department. the Diagnosis was Sexual Abuse. Comments were: keep riley safe. I have moved from the house and there is NO charges against me in any way. The father is making false statments about me. but none found a fact. The CPS WILL NOT GIVE ME MY CHILD BACK. I HAVE LEFT THE COUNTY WERE THE FATHER IS LIVING. I WAS ABLE TO MOVE IN WITH MY AUNT AND UNCLE, THEY STILL REFUSE TO GIVE MY CHILD BACK TO ME. AGAIN THERE IS NO CHARGES ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 am

tigress1167 wrote:"hearsay is inadmissable in court"

Except in Family Court. CPS used hearsay in court against my daughter and got away with it. My daughter did nothing wrong, either, and we ended up with CPS in our lives for 17 months. I still live in fear that they'll rear their ugly heads again.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Lance Babe is absolutely correct -at least in NY, hearsay is permitted in Family Court.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

If you don't do as they ask they are likely to take you to court, or take the kids then take you to court. Right now they're trying to build a case against you. If you do end up going to court, you can refuse to sign papers there. Make them go to trial and prove their charges. If you sign any kind of plea deal there you're giving up your right to make them prove their case.

The #1 best way to get them off your back now is to get a lawyer who insists on having them communicate with you through the lawyer's office. If the lawyer you interview says, "Just cooperate with them," you're in the wrong office.

I realize most young parents don't have money for a lawyer. I'm just saying if you can find one who will make a payment arrangement with you (and many poor parents have) you'll have the best solution for getting CPS workers to back off.

Never miss lawyer payments because you may need their help again!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm

In the state of New York -hearsay is admissable in family court just is by statute.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:21 pm

HappyFlMommy,

I recognize that you are an intelligent young woman but case law does NOT trump statute -rather it qualifies same. There is a distinction.

Hearsay is a very difficult area of law. And, as I work in law, I can tell you that hearsay in family court in NY prevails. BTW , hearsay is the hardest area of law to study in law school. There are many degrees of same.

You and your tag team member, tigress1167, are very well meaning but you are disseminating a bit of false advice and info on these boards. I would ask you to be a bit more careful.

There are posters here who have, thankfully, skilled attorneys working for them but there may be some posters who will blindly follow your ill advice.

Wishing you well.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

I really do not wish to speak with you. To you, apparently, this forum is some sort of game. It is not a game when parents are facing criminal charges and TPR.

I might remind you that I am a moderator of this website.

Again, wishing you well.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

You do not know law. You pretend to know same. Your postings, some of which are dangerous to people facing real prosecution. If you are as "holy" as you set yourself out to be then you will stand down.

Because you might be doing harm.

These are not veiled threats. Actually, they are not threats at all. It is simple. You cause misformation and confusion as a poster than as a moderator I may intervene. As I aready have.

Again, I wish you well.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Yes Maggies from NY. I read it in several of her posts.
I apoligize for butting in but I hate to see people argueing about
what is right and what isn't. We are all here for the same reason,to
fight the assholes at Cps or any of the child stealing places.
Every situation is different. Every state is different in some
areas. I just don't want to see anyone lose their child because
we gave bad advice. Thanks

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Happy FlMommy,

So, you can google. Kudos to you but you do not know what you have read. You are doing harm. A great deal of harm.

To all, please do not listen to HappyFlMommy or Tigress1167. While they mean well, they will steer you wrong.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:52 pm

And Tigress, of course you have lived thorugh hell, we all have but why do you say you have a post graduatre degree on your myspace page when you are a hairdresser?

I am sorry, HappyFlMommy and Tigress, my heart goes out to you two, mostly to you, Tigress as you are really in the mire of the CPS thing but please, the two of you, STOP pretending to know law. You will only hurt yourselves as well as others. This is not a game. This is not Cafe Moms and Karaoke-this is real.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

A "pissing" contest. Don't be idiots. This is real. No pissing contest, no Cafe Moms dishing the dirt. This is court and TPR and your very families at stake.

Get a wake up call NOW. Stop trying to pretend you know law by googling a few websites. Stop "advising" parents facing TPR and criminal prosecution.

I wish the two of you all the best because you will really really need it.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 pm

I don't fault you but you can not google websites and paste same here as if it is fact.

You can not simply blurt out "Contempt of Court" "Hearsay", etc.

You and HappyFLMommy are playing with fire. Actually, you are playing with other people's lives.

You "research" and that's good and fine but don't advise others when you are not in a position to do so.

Stand down. Take care of your own case and get some really good help in doing same because in my humble opinion. going as you are going will mean you will lose.

The point is to help not to hinder and above all to do no harm , you and HappyFLmommy are doing harm.

Get some rest and work with your attorney to get your son home and stop stop stop your nonsense in trying to advise others from your inane googling.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm

You do not have a Cosmetology License as it expired decades ago. It is all a matter of record in PA. Furthermore, I venture to say, as you graduated from a Vocational HS, a Teaching Degree was not within your grasp.

Not to fault you and I wish you well.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Furthermore, just an FYI, if you are telling CPS that you have a Cosmetology license and were pursuing a degree in Education, they will find you out just as I have. Stick to the truth, just my two cents as you should discuss same with your attorney. God speed to you.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Administrative note: HappyFLMommy and Tigress were banned from the site and their messages removed. It was nothing personal but I felt their attempts to give advice were confusing people and possibly encouraging them to do things that would harm their CPS cases.

They both have open cases. This is an example of why people shouldn't try to give advice while they're still trying to extricate their own children from the system.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”