Can baby share a room with us?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mystarshine

Can baby share a room with us?

Postby mystarshine » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I have a 5 year old and a 5 month old baby. They were taken 2 months ago and are currently living with my mother. I am trying to get an apartment but cannot afford a three bedroom. Is it acceptable to share a room with my baby?

LindaJM

Re: Can baby share a room with us?

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't see why it would be a problem... but you never know what a caseworker would try to use against you next. If you're a single mom and won't be bringing boyfriends home to sleep with you, how could it be a problem to share a room with your child?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm not sure about where you live, but when we were involved with CPS, they demanded to see that my granddaughter had her own bedroom.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:07 am

It really does depend on your individual caseworkers. Some of them will insist on the baby not sleeping with you, others will say that it's okay. I hope things work out for you and yours.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

LawMom

Postby LawMom » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:54 am

HappyFLMommy wrote:I'm a MARRIED mom, 2 boys. For about 5 weeks, we were living in a motel. Long story. Our kids had a roof, utlities, water, heat and comfy beds to sleep in, which were made every day (an event that would not happen in my own HOME without a housekeeper.)

DCF knew we were living in the motel (there was no CPS involvement at the time, but DCF calls CPS for every stupid little thing), so I guess it's ok.

It's not a crime to live in a hotel. In fact there is Federal Legislation to help your kids when in a situation like that. McKinney-Vento Act for starters.

Return to “CPS Investigations”