my update of an update

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

simplebirdsnest85

my update of an update

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:37 pm

The same people called CPS on us again today with the same report as last time. (search my posts for topic called My Update). What can you even do if they KEEP calling? When will CPS realize they are wasting their time? Ever? Can i file harassment on this person? Press charges for false allegations? They actually gave their name this time and you can easily put 2 and 2 together since it was the SAME exact report within a decent time frame.

NOTE: This time a Deputy Sheriff came and actually read the note on our door against CPS. he ASKED to come in (and yes i shaked his hand for doing so) CPS was not with him but he had to call in what he found, which was nothing, just like last time. So at least 1 good thing came of this-- Some Police know how to read ;)
Ive found "they" are like roaches. It doesnt matter what you do, they keep coming back and multiplying. -my 2c on CPS
~Now just to get my igloo ready so i can move to Alaska. They cant find you in an igloo, they dont have addresses.
~~~~~~~~
Jan '09- Lost our daughter due to FTT. Went to my moms until March '09, then to my brothers until June '10..when she FINALLY came home to her parents. Oct 10-no longer court involved.....and FINALLY Nov 10- case CLOSED!
But the past cases, too many to number, keep haunting us and they keep finding us for more cases. They will never leave us alone and we will never be the same people we were before we had children.

MaggieC

Re: my update of an update

Postby MaggieC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 pm

It depends upon your state's statutes. In NY, knowingly calling in a false report to CPS is reason to prosecute said caller. But I don't know about othet states.

You might want to consider moving, NOW. Sometimes the easiest way of dealing with a problem is to remove yourself from that venue.

simplebirdsnest85

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm

I am in Ohio and the sheriff said to go the County Prosecuter's (SP?) Office and file.
Ive found "they" are like roaches. It doesnt matter what you do, they keep coming back and multiplying. -my 2c on CPS
~Now just to get my igloo ready so i can move to Alaska. They cant find you in an igloo, they dont have addresses.
~~~~~~~~
Jan '09- Lost our daughter due to FTT. Went to my moms until March '09, then to my brothers until June '10..when she FINALLY came home to her parents. Oct 10-no longer court involved.....and FINALLY Nov 10- case CLOSED!
But the past cases, too many to number, keep haunting us and they keep finding us for more cases. They will never leave us alone and we will never be the same people we were before we had children.

simplebirdsnest85

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 pm

MaggieC wrote:It depends upon your state's statutes. In NY, knowingly calling in a false report to CPS is reason to prosecute said caller. But I don't know about othet states.

You might want to consider moving, NOW. Sometimes the easiest way of dealing with a problem is to remove yourself from that venue.

I cant move any time soon. I didnt even want to live here but circumstances said otherwise.
~~~~~~~~

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Here's the information on penalties for false reporting:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... report.cfm

Question: how did you know who called in the report? CPS workers aren't legally supposed to tell that little tidbit of information. Protecting the identity of false reporters is one way the system perpetuates itself.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”