LETTER to........

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

oryana

LETTER to........

Postby oryana » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:27 am

This is a letter I am working on. Not sure where or to whom I'm going to send it yet. Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or opinions as to how it sounds thus far......

I am writing as a concerned citizen of the United States. It has come to my attention after doing much research that the government agency, collectively known as "Child Protective Services" have been abusing their authority to wrongfully remove children from stable, loving homes absent probable cause and with no thorough investigation. This has been occuring for years, and must be stopped.
A parent's right to the custody of his/her children is an element of 'liberty' guaranteed by the 5th and 14th Amendments of the United States Constitution. Parents have a right to raise their children free of government interference unless clear and convincing evidence of parental unfitness exists. Without this evidence, no government agency should deprive any child of the love and guidance of his/her natural parents.
This has become an issue that is spiraling out of control. Not only are our rights as parents being violated more each day, but more importantly, those of our children. I am speaking, not only for myself, but for families everywhere. I am respectfully requesting that this problem be addressed by beginning an immediate investigation of Child Protective Services before any more families are torn apart needlessly.

Eljay

Re: LETTER to........

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 pm

You can't win the argument that CPS should be eliminated altogether for there are some doing good work, following the intentions of the creators. It is the funding-fueled overreaching practices that need to be stopped. Jumping on every false allegations and whisking children away to foster homes on the slightest conjecture of abuse. Ripping children away from perfectly good families because the federal government has opened up their bottomless coffers by putting a bounty on the head of every child. As a result, not only do we have families being torn apart and all of the subsequent trauma & abuse the kids suffer in foster homes, but we see more cattle being driven into the social services industry for salaries that are just above poverty themselves:

Number of social workers: (stats from Bureau of Labor Statistics bls.gov & populationhttp://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp )
2005: ~560,000 (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/History/ocwage_05242006.txt) (73.7 million children = 1:131 ratio)
2008: ~642,000 (http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos060.htm) (74.4 million children = 1:116 children)
2018: ~745,400 ( ditto ) (80.4 million children = 1:108 children)

That's a nearly a 15% increase over three years. They are predicting a 16% sustained growth in the industry through 2018. If the growth in social workers continues at this pace -- since I love math -- I calculated out that in 30 years, there will be a social worker for every 10 children. This also uses the government's number for population growth of children and even with that growth, it will only be 45 years before there is a 1:2 ratio. And, yes, it's completely feasible because the federal government places no limits on the amount of money they will reimburse to the states for the children they kidnap, drugs they are prescribed, services they are forced into, adoptions performed, etc. Children will be dragged from homes for any bogus allegation, missed doctors appointment, slightest raise in a parent's voice, tiniest bruise or blister... oh, silly me! That happens NOW!

So....... focus on the unnecessary removals, they should look at the statistics of general populations vs. the $ spent there. California is only like 12% of the country's population but they eat 24% of the CPS budget!!!! (these stat's I'm just recalling from memory... could be totally off here). Wasn't there an article from Oregon this past week where they admitted they were putting far too many kids in foster care and had reduced their numbers by 30% from last year? Texas? Kentucky... some of these places are unreal! Some have gone hog wild for the money, where other states we never hear a peep from. They may try and deflect the numbers (oh, it's all about the poverty) but it's the ones who are hungry for the money, creating policy to steal children.

Who was it that said Congress told DHS to make CPS offices accountable, make them oversee things... it never happened. Congress has to get tough, threaten to cut their funding.

Oy... but don't get me started. :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Oryana... I like your letter. It would make a great letter to the editor or to legislators.

Eljay... I like your statistics.. could you write some articles for the site... letters to send to legislators... anything like that?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm

About Congress getting tough... sorry to say, I don't think they will. Most federal level legislators just want to survive, keep their jobs, vote for whatever special interests tell them to vote for. Money talks. Children and poor families are not a priority... not when money is changing hands. There are a few ethical federal legislators but I think we could count them on the fingers of one hand. :(
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am

Yes Ma'am! :)

Not that I would *ever* suggest it, and don't think I'm trying to be sly, but if there were false allegations called in on congressman's kids/grandkids, you bet they'd do something about it! Seriously NOT suggesting that folks... it's the kids who suffer the most at the hands of CPS. :( Just saying that like the vast majority of people on this site, we go about our daily lives assuming CPS is out there saving the world, until we meet the monster face-to-face, realize what they're up to, get an education and GET MAD! I wonder if it would be better to go smaller, like the county governments.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I've had good responses from my county supervisor on both CPS and homeschooling issues back in the day. (I no longer have children under age 18.) So yes, I recommend developing a personal relationship with your supervisor (or whatever they are called in your county.) Here in CA we have a county board of supervisors and each section of the county has a supervisor. I know mine personally, and have met her at many community functions. She's even a "friend" on Facebook! Twice I needed her help and both times she was fast to give me the help needed to get county social services agents off my case.

One of my friends, while her step-daughter was in CPS custody, frequently went with other parents to appear before the County Board of Supervisors for Contra Costa County, in the Bay Area. Their meetings were televised too. Each person got about three to five minutes to speak out. I'd advise that for anyone - either parents with CPS in their lives, or advocates. It always helps to speak out. At the beginning of the recession that county laid off over fifty CPS workers!!! That made the news complete with photos of upset social workers at the board meeting. I wish all counties would do the same.

Another good idea is to attend school board meetings - especially if you're an advocate - to speak out against CPS referrals. Teachers and school admins need to know that reporting someone to CPS isn't a good idea... for all those same reasons I mentioned in the letter to neighbors I posted not long ago. And of course there are other reasons. You might get only three minutes to speak but those three minutes could change someone's heart about making CPS referrals... and then you could go back the next month and do the same. They'll get the message. Teachers are one of the #1 reporters of "suspected" child abuse/neglect. They also manage to make a lot of spite reports.
Sample Document Library

oryana

Postby oryana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 am

How do I go about finding out who the county supervisor is? I have contacted one of my local senators constituents. And he said there is more they could do if I didnt have criminal charges pending. But until that is taken care of, their hands are tied. I have contacted the chief of ethics over dhr, but I think it has backfired. Of course, dhr was contacted about my complaints before me. My 'case worker' called yesterday and the conversation was not pleasant. More lies have been reported about me, and she believes all of them. I just don't get how their 'opinion' of someone can hold up in court as far as the 'best interest of the children'. I know my girls better than anyone. But I don't guess that counts when they make you out to be the bad guy.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Google search your county government. For example "los angeles ca county council" will get you: http://lacounty.gov

oryana

Postby oryana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I am not trying to sound negative, nor would I ever give up on my kids.....but is there any winning in this situation? Or is this all just an up-hill no win battle for me? I am so exhausted and emotionally drained. I don't know what to do anymore. I love my babies more than anyone else in this world, and I am being treated like an absolute nothing. I just don't know where to go from here.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm

You've come to the right place to learn how to fight! Is there any way to expedite your criminal case? Is that based only on the tape thing?

oryana

Postby oryana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I am planning to call my attorney on the criminal thing Monday to see whats going on. And yes, only the tape thing. And that makes no sense to me what so ever. The report that I have doesnt even make sense. Its contradictory in parts. At one point it states that it was done for one reason, and then it states that the kids dont remember the reason. I never did it to begin with though.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

I hope you can hurry that up, get acquitted and work on getting the kids back. Have you personally heard them say anything about the tape incident? Was this a police investigation or CPS?

oryana

Postby oryana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Not completely sure of who really investigated. There is a policeman's name on the indictment papers. However, I'm pretty sure cps was in charge. I also know that I was never formally questioned on the matter. And my kids went through more "forensic interviews".
No, I've never heard my kids say anything about any of this. I am not allowed to talk to them about certain things. That is called inappropriate conversation. Which I think is a crock. The family they are with along with the people from dhr can talk to my kids about anything, but I am very limited.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:44 am

The reason they don't want parents talking to kids about the alleged/genuine abuse is because some parents will try to brainwash the kids that it didn't happen, shift the blame, deny it, threaten the kids to make them change their stories, make promises (I'll buy you a pony if you said you made the whole thing up!) so.... you must understand that for the integrity of the investigation, you should not talk to them about it. What *I* would want to see is a recording of a forensic interview where the kids actually said it. They'll have to testify to it in court if they don't have it on tape (they may have them do both if they are old enough) but I'd be asking the police, "really? did she really say that because it didn't happen and I want to make sure it's not CPS putting words in their mouths!"

oryana

Postby oryana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I intend to bring up alot at my next meeting that I have kept my mouth shut about so far. I have been quiet because that is what I was advised to do. But I see, that has got me nowhere but deeper in. So I intend to question alot. I figure that will enrage them even more, but they have no intention of giving my children back anyway. So what could it hurt?
The worker has already told me that I can not see any of her notes from my visits. I explained to her that the confidentiality thing should not even apply there, because I was present and I already know what happened. Of course her response was "Well, then why do you need to see them?" I told her I think I have the right to see what her professional opinion is, or how she perceives things. I, honestly, don't think thats an unreasonable request. And I certainly dont understand why she would be so secretive or become so defensive, unless she has something to hide. HMMMMMM........
I also brought up to her that under there own policy, I am entitled reasonable access to my file. That doesn't mean no access. She said she doesn't know anything about that. So, I intend to take my Administrative Code with me and show her. Bad idea, or no?
I was also told during my conversation with the worker Thursday, that the state had received my complaint letter and sent them something. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I figured I would be contacted first. But I guess they wanted to contact the county so they could hear their side before mine.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:44 pm

can we read?
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

oryana

Postby oryana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:47 pm

If you are referring to the letter i sent the state, I will have to find my copy of it. And I just wrote another one today. Am sending it to several lawyers to begin with to see if any of them are interested in helping me. I will get on later and post that one if you would like for me to. For now, I have to get off here and try to get some rest. Gotta work tonight.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 pm

oryana wrote:I also brought up to her that under there own policy, I am entitled reasonable access to my file. That doesn't mean no access. She said she doesn't know anything about that. So, I intend to take my Administrative Code with me and show her. Bad idea, or no?

That response prompts an immediate call to her supervisor. "You employee told me that she, quote, doesn't know anything about, quote, my rights to my file. State law that says, (quote the law). Perhaps you should assign me a new caseworker who has more experience in order to preserve my family's rights and avoid inexperienced employees breaking the law."

oryana

Postby oryana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 pm

I would do that. Unfortunately, her supervisor is about the same. But I still intend to bring up alot of things that I have printed out of the Alabama Code and show them. Maybe they have just not been aware up to this point that I KNOW what I am talking about. I keep thinking I may make things worse, but I really don't see how thats possible at this point.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Yes I should have said I think your letter is awesome...and just right. You should send it everywhere. I am trying to get people to look at the 14th amendment with me. I believe that parents are completely immune from govt interference in their home, and private family relationships. There is absolutely no way to justify this behavior.
I am very impressed with everyone on fight cps, it's beautiful what can be learned even while ones life (our children=our life) is being so tortured. I adore everyone on here, and wish for their blessings.
Somehow, and I haven't figured it out yet, we are not being given equal protection of the law.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:32 pm

oryana

Postby oryana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes, Eljay. I just attended a meeting Thursday night. But my case is way out of their scope. They deal with more 'equal parenting' in divorces. More along that line. Nothing like what I'm dealing with.

Return to “Announcements”