Letters to the Goverment

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

RKeyser

Letters to the Goverment

Postby RKeyser » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:02 am

I would like to ask everyone who is willing,, please. We all need to band together, I know that this site has helped so many people and it has given us a way to vent and help with emotional support for everyone and for all people who has been a positive help for strangers (as we all were) coming in here looking for help, I say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU, now, with hands together lets all write letters to our goverment as to the way CPS is run,, one person may get over looked but many together will be heard! Please, everyone who will, lets get our voices heard. If we constantly write our Governors, Senetors, Congress, and maybe even the white house, they will get tired of letters upon letters sent that says we will not shut up and we will be heard that something has to be done. When we have 7 or 8 out of every 10 famlies being innocent, with the CPS being allowed to rip children from their parents, while the guilty is allowed to not only keep children in danger but never get investigated. This injustice must stop and with all of us being 1 voice through God's grace we will be heard, so what do ya say? Who's with me?

kegansmom

Postby kegansmom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:29 pm

ohhhhhh you know girl, I am behind you 100% so when do we start? I will start mine..I am with you!
"Broken wings on a small bird"

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:38 pm

You have to start with your State Representatives.

Congressman, senators etc. cannot help because they cannot deal with things concerning the states. They covered themselves pretty well, wouldn't you say with that law? Remember the Terry Schiavo case, they wouldn't interfere!!

State Representatives, Ombudsman if your state has one that will deal with this. Their are Ombudsman for various things so you have to be careful in reading to make sure he is the one that will deal with cps.

Yes, I agree we do need to ban together, but it always ends up in a disagreement. They tried doing this years ago and groups began fighting with one another. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:43 pm

I dont know if there is anyone here within my state minus one person that is going through the similar things...I mean I am almost positive that there are others as there are always tons of people through each state...but you know how it is to get people to come forward and try to make a stand...where do you find the ombudsman information for each state...out of curiousity!!
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:06 pm

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... ful+SB1069

Pebbles this is for your state. About half way down you will find CHAPTER 16.1 Office of Childrens services Ombudsman

If you go to the forum Legal Research I posted some info there.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 pm

Ty much dazee.....I will read that later as well along with the other stuff people have given me....so thanks again!!!
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:03 pm

I agree dazeemay, andmany people have different opions, but I also think we all agree that we are fighting for the same thing and by each person raising their voice then it shws we will all be heard one way or another, starting with our state reps and going way furture, again I plead, lets band together, and never stay within one area, many voices with different way saying, can still band together with one goal, no matter how we say it, I do not have to agree with everyone nor everyone with me, just that we go for the same in our own way. I believe with faith and suplicatio we willm be heard.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:11 am

In my opinion, it is not important whose idea it is. It is only important that the battles and the war be won. Every single day, that we of great knowledge and self agrandment spend disenfranchised and disorganized and arguementative, approximately 1371 children are ripped out of their homes and away from their families. If we use the 82% factor of inappropiate cases that is 1,100 innocent families and children per day.

I say either fish, cut bait or get out of the water.

I first begged to come together 195 days ago and got shot down with the same arguements. 214,500 children have been removed since then.

I have a question, HOW MANY IS ENOUGH.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:19 am

Someone has to start it. Someone has to take the lead. Someone has to take the heat of different opinions. Someone has to know that to form a group this large takes time and organizational skills.

Do you have the time and organizational skills? It is one thing to talk about it and another thing to make it happen.

Gary, because you were shot down here shouldn't stop you from continuing your goal.

I have not stopped thinking about it and how to do it so it does not fall apart at the seams, but I am also concerned that everytime a group starts they end up disbanding and can never achieve their goals of doing this. Bob_Lynn was with a group who became very close minded. And threw him out.

To me it has to start in each state with strong leaders who have the time and committment and can hear others opinions and know that there will be wolves in sheeps clothing trying to disband them. In thelast 195 days I have not had the time or committment because of fighting for our own granddaughter and now fighting again with this state.

I am not trying to shoot the idea down; I am trying to be realistic and study why it never gets to a point where the shout can be heard around the country. I have been reading and studying about why groups fail. I think that has to be the first step so that one does not enter into the same process of falling apart.

Once the Greek philosopher Thucydides was asked when justice would come to Athens. He answered: "Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."

Other groups and even you all are saying we must reach the politicians. I believe that is where it goes off course. We have all read and seen where they say they are listening only to add more laws that give cps more workers and money. They think that is what the answers are to keep everyone happy. Not so. We need a drastic change of cps.

Look at what I just quoted. We need to reach the populace. The middle income on up who are not aware of what is happening.
We need to reach these people. It is the non injured people who will bring the message to the politicians and make them change the laws completely. Like getting rid of the Mondale Act, Clinton Act, etc.

Just some thoughts on the subject.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:41 am

Dazeemay,

I disagree with very little you said or for that matter that you ever say.

It does take an inordinate amount of time and certainly organizational skills. That is the reason I feel it has to be a group with a focused agenda and modis operendi. The tasks can be shared among the group if everyone is on the same page. The page can only be developed and the modis operendi developed when a group of people come to a consensus. That is where I get stopped.

I don't know if I have the organizational skills. I am very organized in what I do. Time we all have to make. However, I do think I don't have the patience with certain personality traits and that I am to statistical and certainly to well set in my old fashioned ways and beliefs to do well at the job.

I have not nor will I ever stop from continuing my goal to FixCPS. Believe me I weighed the source of the shoot downs. The only effect it had on my goals was to realize that it would possibly not happen here. It will take a group of people without egos, without the need for glory, but with the all consuming desire to change things.

I too have seen the groups stop up and the infighting begins and they fall apart as with Bob and Bruce. We all know Bob from his postings most of us know little of Bruce. I deal in facts and the fact I know is Bob was very positive about Bruce and Heads Held High and what they were about. It is bad it went awry because of ego.

I agree totally that is why it must start in each state with strong leaders AND dedicated hard workers who only want to see a positive outcome and FixCPS. Please don't misinterpret my reference to 195 days. I know you have had an enormous amount of work to do with your Grand Daughter as we have all had. Your efforts were well spent and properly rewarded. My only thought was this is not the first time a call to unite has gone out.

I agree with your analogy of how Politicians try to fix things with more laws and spending more money to hire more incompetent workers. That is why I feel they must be made aware of the maginitude of the problem and forced to enact legislation that will cause CPS to operate totally legally. Your thought of reaching middle class and up America is valid. The problem is the apathy of the average American, if it don't effect them they are not interested. Thucydides was right on.

None of these solutions will start to happen until Middle Class America and the Politicians are made aware of the problems. They all seem to think everything is fine. We can not make these people aware of the problems talking among ourselves and reposting our stories everytime comes looking for help.

We have to try to help those who are ensnared in the CPS trap now. However, that is like closing the barn door after the horse has run off. We also have to stop the injustices and illegal actions of CPS before the children are taken. One is a treatment the other is a cure.

Great thoughts on the subject. I strongly feel dialog with an open mind, discussion of the problems and methods to fix will bring together a necleus group to start it. Whether infighting begins and corrupts it will be up to the participants.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Ok, lets see if I have this right, none of you know me from Adam's house cat, with the exception of dadanddede, which is my family, but one's ego plays a part? I have no problems with CPS, I have had no personal problems with CPS, so how could my ego play a role at all? I know you may be speaking of other who have gone before but what the crap ever happened to the phrase "get back on the horse"? My name does not have to be known by no one EVER, but I will be darned if I sit back while some people stay in their little corner of the world and say it can't be done!! What about the million man march? What about everyone who was told it can't be done? Instead of picking up our butts and going home, we need to help one another, and by gosh if you think there will ever be a stand of total agreement then someone is lying to themself cause no matter what anyone stands for there is always diversity but through faith we can still reach the same goal.

One question I would like to ask is; are yaw telling me that your fight was in vain?

Think about that when you think of anyone who was there for you!

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 pm

dazeemay I am sorry for what has happened to you and your family but it seems like you put in doubts and fears before it gets up and running, with all the time placing a post (which is good) a letter can be written. People need to stop saying it can't be done for this reason or that and just get off your na saying butt and put in an effert, like Gary said,, it's time to go fishing, we ain't gonna all get the same amount of fish nor the same kind but Jesus fed thousands with just 5!

Dazeemay when I said "off your na saying butt" that was not meant at you hun, it was a metaphor for all of us.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:35 pm

RKeyser,

I am not saying I am not going to get back on the horse, but I do know from years of experience and studying why the other groups failed in bringing this cause to a head was because of "pride". I don't care who you are and how good your intentions are that has to be a key issue one must face in starting a group.

A persons strongest point is also their weakest point.

I am sorry you feel I am putting doubts into this, but in just these few months I have learned the politicians do not listen. It has to go to your state reps and hopefully they will listen because they are still climbing the political ladder.

I have written those letter to fall on deaf ears or they cannot help because it is a state issue. Our own congressman wished he knew how to help us, but he could not touch us and our state problem.
Many from this board have written and written. Hundreds and thousands of letters have been written throughout the years only to result in laws being passed to hire more workers and give cps more money. It worked against us.

It can't be done the way it has always been done. Letter campaigns do not work with politicians.

One fault of doing it ourselves is the fact that the majority of the country already think that the poor deserve this. Well, the poor are going to have to reach the majority of the country and not the politicians. I am not saying don't do anything. Learn what is wrong and do it different. I am saying the politicians are out as far as I am concerned.

I want to reach the middle, upper income families to show them it is headed in their direction and they need to stop it now for them and us. If we educate themthen the politicians will listen when they raise their voices. We are too low on the totem pole for anyone to listen to us and when they do it is very sporadic.

We need idealism such as yours; but, I have learned from my own idealism that I often went in without thinking it through. Now I am of an age where I hope I have learned to curb the emotional part of that idealism and head it in the right direction.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:27 pm

Quite honestly, I'm starting small. If I can get things in my county changed, or at least started, then I've done something. It's my opinion that in order for goals to be met, we'd need someone in each county (or divided so every county has someone), and I say that only because I think the person needs to know that county's CPS in and out.

Eesh, am I making sense? I'm so dang tired.

My idea, that I haven't put on paper yet, is to have an advocacy group to help people involved, and they also are involved in the political aspect of the change. Right now I'm trying to become an expert in my county for CPS, and I'm learning my state's juvenile law.

I have many changes I'd like to see implimented, and if I can at least get them started in my life time, I'll be happy. I know I can't get everything done, but some of the bigger things must be done now.

Babble, babble, babble. I'm sorry, I'm cross-eyed. My son and I are adjusting, we're alone, I get no down time, and I miss my husband. Honestly, I have good ideas, I just can't type them out. Basically, I want to do small steps leading to bigger ones. One victory leads to another. Etc, etc.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:15 pm

scarfyrre, you have made a great point, just like in the bible where there were people appointed over 10s, 100s, and 1000s, and dazeemay is right about a house divided but we can't stand if we start out divided, it seems the only agreement we have is our discuss with the cPs is run.
Actions speak louder than words, so everyone do as is laid on your heart to, as for me; I intend to fight and you can all ask my dad and his wife, daddyanddede, I have a big mouth and once I get started I don't stop and if we want to be together on it then praise God, if not then again praise God, I am going through the wall. I am truly sorry if I have stirred up a rotten can of worms but I thought this site was not just for people to post their problems but also for help for each other, I will still do as I intended when I made this post, and I will say to each their own, but as for me I am going through, thank you all for your insight.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:27 pm

You didn't sitr up a rotten can of worms.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:52 am

This is probably the best and longest lived discussion on this topic ever on this site. Normally by this point someone has railed out at someone else and it goes away.

Scarfyrre's comment of someone in every county is very valid. It is the point I usually get stopped in my scheming. There are a lot of counties.

I think distance is the largest obstacle we have to overcome. It is much easier when everyone is in the same room for a consensus to be reached and duty assignments made.

I have thought about mass mailings, then I realized to reach everyone I would need about 168,000,000 stamps, envelopes, paper, printer ink etc. Then I thought about newspaper paid ads or inserts, again very expensive and in reality I don't think most of the people who need help read the newspaper. OK, I said to me how? If most of them don't read the newspaper or watch the news on TV, so I EMailed all of the talk shows I could think of (I probably missed some because I detest them), not one response.

Every thing I think of costs an enormous amount of money to just apply it to one county or one state let alone the country. That is the reason I keep plugging at some way to try to influence the Politicians. First on a State Level then on a Federal Level. They already take just over half our earnings so they don't have to be paid. Dazeemay is correct it is very difficult if not impossible to go that route BUT it has been done, and for some very outrageous causes, and it will be done again.

I still feel that the EMail blitz campaign is one good way to get their attention. Not their support. Not their involvement. Their attention. When one hundred or one thousand EMails hit someone within five minutes I believe they would have to say "what the Hell" and read to see what was going on. One thing we can always depend is American curiosity (or is that noseyness)

Keep sticking ideas, large or small out there. If we run them ALL up the flagpole eventually one or two will stand out.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:23 am

I still feel that the EMail blitz campaign is one good way to get their attention

I guess one would have to call me the Devil's Advocate when someone comes up with an idea. For every positive idea one needs to see the negative in that idea. With seeing the negative then one has to figure out how to beat the negative to make the positive happen.

The negative to the Email Blitz is that they do not read their own emails. They have staff who sift through them and decide which ones will come to the attention of the head of the office or office manager. Then s/he decides if it gets to the Senator, Congressman, etc.

Let's take for instance yours and RKeyser's snail mail idea.

Pick one state and one parent/s from that state. Make sure that parent/s case is legitimate. Then we all write letters to that state representative and the Ombudsman if they have one. We also include cc's. That is we will be informing that state rep and Ombudsman that we have written our state reps and ombudsmans in regard to this parent/s plight. In doing the cc it will show the state rep that others know of this problem outside of his/her state and from what I am understanding that can be a little embarrassing to them and they will want to look into the matter. Also, it will show all of our state reps that they could be next on the list of thousands of letters coming to their office in regards to cps matters and it might make him/her more alert as to what they need to do to make sure their offices are following the law.

I even wrote Nancy Grace, Michael Moore (who I really thought would grab onto this) etc. I even wrote these people on behalf of people who have rare diseases like our daughter and granddaughter. No response.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:29 am

Mr. Shaw you are sooooo right, hand in hand, even if it's through emails will reach around the world, I have also emailed many talk shows and news shows and praise God one has showed some interest, if anything else comes of this then I will post it. If we all together bumbard these people with emails, just like Mr. Shaw said people's ears will perk up and wanna see what's going on. WE CAN DO IT!

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:39 am

Dazeemay I think you are a nice woman but I must say everytime I read your posts it never seems positive,, ever. So why do you feel you must shove the negative and not look at the positive, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, in a way, but there is 100% good only in God,, everything else has pos and neg sides, but come on,, everything is not all neg, we gotta stop hubub and do instead of whining that we can't (not that you are whining) just that when you constantly place neg in front no one will want to step out. It's just like telling us "we can't do it" I think together we can, if you doubt then maybe you just need to pray for the others who think they can, that always positive, right? Thank you for all you point out Dazeemay, I must say though the negativity is not good.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:23 am

I would like to mention that while my husband was in school, he interned for a congressman (and you'd giggle if I told you who), but one of his jobs was to open this man's mail.

Honestly, most letters the congressman never saw, and the ones that even hinted at a rant (You know, lots of caps and Bible quotes) were immediately tossed in file 13. I'm sure the same applies to emails.

Harsh but true.

If a writing campaign is started, then I think strict rules need to be applied. The personal stories can be saved for later, except for small examples, and absolutely no ranting, Bible quoting, or anything else that would make us seem like those that bunker themselves in Wyoming with a small arsenal and mutter about overthrowing the government.

I hate to sound like that, but between what I've learned from my lawyer husband and our lawyer, it's always best to maintain professionalism and to remain calm. Save the rants for the message boards, but write the politicians a business letter. We want to come across as calm and intelligent, not like a bunch of freaks. I heard it from someone that worked in a congressman's office, so I'm not talking out my behind.

That's how I plan on running my group, and what I'm saying is just a suggestion, so please don't think I'm trying to be an idiot. I just know from talking to those that actually do what we're planning, and I want to offer the same advice I got.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:24 am

Hmmmm! RKeyser you evidently did not understand what I had to say.

I am looking for ways for us to do this. And you evidently did not read that I said that one must see the negative to get around to doing the positive. Nothing wrong with that. That is usually how you start out any progam. What are the blocks we would have in doing this? How do we get around those blocks? Something this big you just don't barrel in and run with it.

For instance, if the staff reads the emails then let's figure out how to get those emails away from the staff. I then next presented that the snail mail would be the best route to go because even if the staff reads it, it will pile high in their mail room etc and be very noticeable to everyone in that office building.

Email gives them too many options to delete the mail (which by the way happens many times) and is unnoticeable to others.

Gary, then went on to state the cost of snail mail, I gave a positive in the fact that we could each individually send the letter.

Here is what I said,
Pick one state and one parent/s from that state. Make sure that parent/s case is legitimate. Then we all write letters to that state representative and the Ombudsman if they have one. We also include cc's. That is we will be informing that state rep and Ombudsman that we have written our state reps and ombudsmans in regard to this parent/s plight. In doing the cc it will show the state rep that others know of this problem outside of his/her state and from what I am understanding that can be a little embarrassing to them and they will want to look into the matter. Also, it will show all of our state reps that they could be next on the list of thousands of letters coming to their office in regards to cps matters and it might make him/her more alert as to what they need to do to make sure their offices are following the law.

In other words if we found a thousand people to send the letter to that one state rep then they have a thousand letters that no one can deny because of the physical presence of the letter.

How is this negative?

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:30 am

"Save the rants for the message boards, but write the politicians a business letter. We want to come across as calm and intelligent, not like a bunch of freaks."

I take great insult to this statement you made. I am NOT a freak because I praise God or quote the bible,, maybe dazzemay and you are right,, yaw insult people's efferts in here and THAT causes people to get upset!!! I reckon joining this forum was outta line for me. I do this for you people with your na saying and insults it looks to me like yaw are already divided but only divided because that's what you want!

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:55 pm

Couple of clarifications.

1. Most of us have known for a very long time that Legislators do not open their own mail and accepted that, we also know that they do not write their own legislation.

It does not matter who reads it, our task is to get them to do so, then to make it catch their interest enough to pass it along to the legislator. EMail is simply the more expediant method of delivery and is held in the same light as US Postal Service Mail.

The only point I tried to make months ago is we develop a letter to send (the "we develop" is to satisfy the need for it to be professional and business like and for it to be non sensational and based on FACTS. Also to allow all that wish input into the wording), the EMail came because it is quick and inexpensive but mostly because 1, 10, 100, or thousands can be sent at the same moment from all across the country. I feel that all hitting their office at the same time will get the attention of even the dumbest of their clerks.

With the heightened security levels now, snail mail is checked severely and may not even get out of the mail room. Most of them receive thousands of letters per day so a few hundred more won't be that impressive.

2. The comment I made about the cost of snail mail was not in regard to letters to legislators, it was a thought of how to make the American Population aware of the problem. The cost to send to the legislators, even all US Senators, US Representatives and State Senators and Representatives would not be horrendously expensive.

3. I personally think a personal visit is more effective. That is the direction I am personally persuing. The other campaigns mentioned are to get many others involved. I would rather see a small group in each of the 50 states approach each of their State Legislators with a prepared request for action. I would also like to see those of us here donate some money to send several of our best to Washington to lobby the US Congress Persons for change in the money flow.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:58 pm

You need to lighten up and stop being so insulted by general statements.

I'm telling you people what my husband, who worked in a congressman's office, knows. They said that people that rant and quote Bible passages come off as freaks.

If you want to do that, that's your business. I make no judgements on what you want to believe, just as I expect you do the same. I have never, EVER asked anyone their religious affiliations because I honestly don't give a crap, as long as we're on the same side for reformation.

I don't believe ANYWHERE in MY post I said "Oh, RKeyser, you're a freak." No, I said what the politicians think when they see a ranting, Bible quoting, over the top letter. It goes in the garbage. I know this because I was told this by someone that worked in the government.

Stop taking my posts out of context. If I ever want to insult someone, I'll type out the name, otherwise it's a general statement to everyone. It was advice, but if you want your views to be wasted because you were insulted by someone offering general advice made by someone that was actually in politics, have at it.

I will repeat what I said: Politicians and their minions will not take any letter seriously that sounds like a rant and quotes the Bible randomly and numerous times. Just like any speech, a well-placed quote can powerful, but too much of a good thing will turn people off. Personally, when someone types in all caps or caps a ton of words, adds too many out-of-context quotes, and rants for more than four paragraphs (small ones), my eyes glaze over and I ignore what they say.

Do what you will, though, just stop taking general statements about no one and getting your socks in a twist. I didn't insult you or anyone, nor did I call anyone a freak for being a Bible quoter (although I'm sure I'd be called a freak for my beliefs). I do feel I know what will be taken seriously, so take my advice or leave it, but perhaps read other's posts a bit more closely.

Return to “Announcements”