I am thinking about doing the Class action thing in Texas...

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mm22005

I am thinking about doing the Class action thing in Texas...

Postby mm22005 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:12 pm

I am thinking about doing the Class action thing in Texas..
Here is the deal I most likely will get my kids back on March 17th 2008 when I go to court but none the less I am wanting to find Real For real people that will back me if I do this class action thing no flakes. I am going to put ads in the newspaper, Austin american Statesman, Austin Chronicle, Longhorn Paper, Hutto paper, Roundrock Paper on Monday if it is worth my time to try and get people to join me. questions I have I need to ask my atty of course . Will he want to represent me and how long could something like this take. Also How many people do we need to have exposure is the key. I also seen on here I will go to the court house and try to contact everyone that has been involved with cps since January of 2006 till now.
Anyone else have Ideas of how to file? Or what else to do or information?

Please contact Stephany Mitchell @
[email protected]
after I get a email and we talk I will be more tan glad to give you my number :)

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:28 am

I have never heard of a class-action lawsuit that did not result in increased Child Welfare funding and subsequent increase in adoptions.

Please study the previous class-action lawsuits and explain how it would help parents and not line the pockets of child welfare employees.

mm22005

I thought doing a lawsuit would make cps change there evil w

Postby mm22005 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:18 pm

I thought doing a lawsuit would make cps change there evil ways if enough people do it????? Now I am confused

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Most lawsuits are filed with personal gain as the goal. There have litterally been thousands of lawsuits filed against CPS and many have been won. The pay out to the winners is funded by the taxpayers, you and me. The workers don't pony up a penny even if they are named individually in the lawsuit, the taxpayers settle the award.

The courts then usually instruct the state to lower the case load of the poor overworked workers and the taxpayers then pony up again to hire more workers.

Personally, I think the only way to stop this evil is thru getting the legislators to establish and fund and "Oversight Task Force" to insure they are doing their job fully but in a completely legal and constitutional manner. Very difficult to do, after all they look after the best interests of the children. Right, they are the worst of all child abusers.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

Workingmom

Baby Steps

Postby Workingmom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

I do not think that a class action suit is the answer, at least not yet. Austin is not ready for that level. Before that is done, more awareness in the city of austin, and other surrounding cities such as Manor, Round Rock, Pflugerville should be done.

A gathering of all the parents going through similar hardships because of child protective services would be a strong start.

You have my email address.....I'm trying to find more people as this goes on.

I couldn't join you in a suit till my case has been concluded. But even when it is.......we need to change our system. Just because they close your case, doesn't mean it's over. And we all stand a huge chance of hearing from them again.

Return to “Announcements”