Need a attorney that will help me.

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

attbutch41

Need a attorney that will help me.

Postby attbutch41 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm

I have been to this site many of times,called and emailed several lawyers and it is always the same thing...Money Money Money. I have to ask myself,what about the children? I have to say I am very disappointed. I cannot have my daughter back because I am a Lesbian and my daughter has Autism. I am on the computer everday for almost 3 years trying to find someone who gives a crap and will help me. I am in MI please contact me!
Lisa Bryan

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I had to go back and look at your old posts to see what was going on with your case, but you havent left many details. I did noticed that your daughter will soon be 17, yet they are still holding her from you. Have they moved to terminate parental rights? What is going on with your case?

attbutch41

Need a good lawyer

Postby attbutch41 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 pm

My rights were going to be terminated but the judge said that if a "permancy plan" was introduced she wouldnt terminate. I still have my rights but my daughter will never be able to come home to visit or live with me. They are "preparing" her for a adult group home
Lisa Bryan

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:43 am

Have you tried contacting LAMBDA?

11 East Adams, Suite 1008
Chicago, IL 60603-6303
t 312-663-4413

If you haven't already called them, you might want to give them a try.

LAMBDA is a very highly respected legal organization devoted to fighting for the rights of lesbians and gay men.

I am not gay but I had reason to interact with them on legislative issues in my state and they proved to be a formidable ally.

Michael

In Texas

Postby Michael » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:05 am

When a child in foster care turns 17 years old she or he can check themself out of foster care and return home.

I do not know if this is only in Texas but you might check.

The child does lose state health insurance when they check them self out.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm

In NY aging out is 18 but the child may be remanded to foster care until that child is 21 years of age. It is at the judge's discretion.

attbutch41

Need Help!

Postby attbutch41 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 pm

The fact that Kristina has special needs means they can keep her as long as they want. I cannot have her home with me because of my "lifestyle" because it is not a "safe" home enviroment. I have contacted the Govenor ACLU, LAMBDA, Triangle Foundation, Tons of lawyers, etc.... I NEED HELP!!!
Lisa Bryan

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Okay, if your state's laws indicate that at 18 she is an adult, then I would suggest you contact a Surrogate Court attorney who normally would handle the affairs of an incapacitated adult.

That could possibly take her out of the hands of CPS if their jurisdiction in your state ends when she is 18 years old (a minor).

If your state's statutes say 18 is the end for them (CPS) then do not let them bamboozle you. They will try to get away with whatever they can.

Let's assume she is, at 18, an adult and out of CPS jurisdiction. Then she would fall into adult protective services and you should be able to intervene as a guardian.

I would try to contact elder law attys in your area. Don't let the term "elder law" put you off. Often these attys handle adult (even young adult) incapacitated persons.

Start calling them.

My heart goes out to you.

Maggie

attbutch41

Need Help

Postby attbutch41 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 pm

You will have to exscuse me but I have ADD so could you explain to me in detail what I should say and do? I think that is the reason why people are not listening to me because alot of times the things I say do not make sense to other people.
Lisa Bryan

attbutch41

Need Help

Postby attbutch41 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

You will have to exscuse me but I have ADD so could you explain to me in detail what I should say and do? I think that is the reason why people are not listening to me because alot of times the things I say do not make sense to other people.
Lisa Bryan

Return to “Announcements”