NEW YORK

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

suarezric

NEW YORK

Postby suarezric » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:52 am

I AM A MOTHER OF 3 GOING THROUGH A CPS. the school called them becasue of my sons absense, which i explain what was the situaition. i even gave them the medical records that states that my son has ashtma.

they came to my house when my house was a bit messy. not nsty or dirty just a bit messy. now they are making it seem like im the worst mother in the world and they want me to go into the office to talk? what shoudl i do?

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm

You should retain a private attorney IMMEDIATELY-like yesterday.

Where are you in NY. I am in NYC. I do know of various NY attys throughout the state who are skilled in these matters. If you prefer not to post, send me a private message.

Do nothing until you speak with competent counsel.

raven

Postby raven » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:04 am

Are their any lawyers in nys that would help those who can not afford a good attorney.MY sister lives in utica ,ny.we have one but he just seems to do whatever cps wants.We need someone whos not afraid of the judge or cps.we are still waiting to go trial for child neglect alligations by cps and seems to be getting nowhere and the state drop the charges against her ex saying their wasn't enough evidence to prosecute him.My sister had 5-911 calls and an i witness and pics to prove what he did and the judge said there wasn't enough evidence,go figure .But there trying to charge her with neglect even though they now say that there's not enough to prosecute him but still go after her ,does this make any sense at all.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:09 pm

You might try these folks (though they do not operate in your county, they may know someone who does)
Legal Servcies of Western NY
Toll Free 877-776-4126

Try contacting Cynthia Feathers at Pro Bono Affairs at the NY State Bar Association.

Cynthia Feathers was lead attorney on a major NYS appeals case (Julia BB 2007). If Ms. Feathers is still Director of Pro Bono Affairs at the NY State Bar, she or someone from her office may be able to direct you to a capable attorney.

(518) 463-3200

Hang in there.

1 Elk Street
Albany, NY 12207-1002

busy22

Re: NEW YORK

Postby busy22 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:47 am

I live in the Rochester area and am in need of an attorney. If you know of anyone around here, please post it here. I'm new and still trying to figure out how everything works.

pressmantop

Postby pressmantop » Fri May 14, 2010 3:09 pm

My grandson was born the day after you were elected (Nov. 5, 2008) He is bi-racial. The County of Genesee has taken him from our family. There was an incident in which he and two other children in our family were involved. However, the other two children were white and Terrence is Black. The father of the other two children (who is AWOL) was babysitting and slept while all 3 played in the highway. My daughter was not even present when drugs and paraphenalia were found in the household. She had not been living there for two to three weeks. Her son was taken and given to my son, an (Iraqi war veteran) at which time I presented myself to the case worker as another family option. Four weeks later- The case worker took my grandson from my son's home with no justification. At which time I presented myself again as an option. The other two children are at the same home they have been living at since before the incident. They are fortunate enough to be white. Who will stick up for my grandson? The county is hiding him from us because we are white and he is not. There is no more justification for that than there is to let the other two children remain in there home. Please- if there is anyone that can help him, please have them contact me. 585-478-1451. My name is Ron Schutt.
Thank you if you actually took the time to read this.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri May 14, 2010 7:50 pm

You may want to look at this about what grandparents can do to help themselves in gaining their rights as a grandparent.

http://www.custodycenter.com/GP-AF-2/in ... str8info4u
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon May 17, 2010 1:50 pm

You can petition the juvenile court directly yourself for custody. There is a small filing fee, they give you a form to fill out, and set a court date.

Return to “Announcements”