suicide

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

monkey25

suicide

Postby monkey25 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 pm

awhile back I attempted suicide. I did it out side of the home when my child was in school. now the say I am a threat to my child because I might try and do it in front of him. CPS thinks splinting my family will do less harm than me maybe doing something. What rights do I have. These people act like the gestapo.

LindaJM

Re: suicide

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 am

How long have they had your child?

Do you have a court ordered service plan? If so, you must do everything on that plan and convince the therapists that you're no longer likely to attempt suicide.

Rights... well, the 14th Amendment: "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." (There's more to it.)

I think the key to winning your case will be the work you do with the therapist.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

clara2002

Postby clara2002 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 pm

and what if the therepist is never on thier side?

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:34 pm

I would like to add to that. This has nothing to do with suicide but I truly believe most therapist are paid
to back up the court. I know for a fact their was nothing wrong with my oldest child but the therapist made
it so we cant see her even though all of our visits went very well with her. My lawyer even told me that
this woman had destroyed other familys who were in much better shape than we were and we actually were
good. This is just my opinion.

clara2002

Postby clara2002 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 pm

is there any way you can prove the judge, and cps that they were wrong?

dholly84

Postby dholly84 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi,
I wanted to just say I am sorry that you tried to do this. When I have social services come to my door and threaten to constantly take away my children I feel like just ending it all. My drive TO NOT DO IT is my children. Even if you try to commit suicide while not in your children's presence what were to happen to them if you were to actually go through with it? It shouldn't be a reason to take your children unless they went through the traumatic experience of seeing it. My dad tried to commit suicide in the bathroom when my parents got into an argument it scared me and I cried even after it was over and he didn't do anything, but it stuck in my mind and my dad had severe bipolar and was also drinking a lot. Please, for your children, don't do that get some help.
Denise

clara2002

Postby clara2002 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 am

all i can say is, suicide is never ever the answer, EVER!!! everybody has a reason in this world. this earth is, life is full of test, lessons. your not here to suffer. you have unfinish business in life.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”