quick note*Important*

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kelz03103

quick note*Important*

Postby kelz03103 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 am

hi all , I haven't been here for a long time , please feel free to read my old posts , they may be helpful, I am always online for anyone who needs to just talk , I came on today to tell everyone that i just learned that hospitals are starting to place cps stations right in the hospitals , so if your child has an accident , make sure its a dire need to take them to the hospital , and be prepared to answer intrusive questions . This might not be new to some of you , but i just heard it today . ~Kelz~

Daruma

Re: quick note*Important*

Postby Daruma » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 am

Do you have any additional information on this? News links, the name of the legislation that mandated it (if there is any), etc.?

We need to point out to lawmakers and/or hospital administrators how this could have disastrous consequences for injured children. Frightened parents may avoid or delay medical treatment, out of fear that they'll be wrongfully accused of deliberate harm when it was really just an accident. Goodness knows how many false accusations already happen. This a recipe for more of the same.

We need to relax the mandated-reporter laws so that reports are no longer based on protecting the reporter first and foremost. When doctors and nurses are afraid of losing their licenses, or maybe even criminal prosecution, of course they will over-report incidents. They're only human. They won't risk everything they've worked for just to spare an innocent family, especially since they never have to witness the tragedies that result from over-reporting. We need to make it possible for doctors to base their reports on a common sense response to actual medical findings, not on the doctor's instinct for self-preservation.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:41 am

I agree , mandated reporting is ridiculous , it should be fact based , not thoughts , opinions , self preservation , I appologize that my previous post was so short , in fact the mother of a two year old child was afraid to take her baby to the hospital with a minor burn on the leg , it was an accident and the baby is fine , howver the daddy of the baby found out that mom did not take the baby to the hospital so he turned her in because he "THOUGHT" she must be hiding something . I saw this on the Steve Wilko's show yesterday . So again her biggest fear was they would take her baby at the hospital , and then the friggin baby daddy makes her worst fears come true by turning her in . I did not realize really , until yesterday that we , vicitims of past harrassment, mistreatment and violations by these fcking parasites of cps are not the only ones living in fear , but that new , young mothers/ parents live with the same fears now as well , this girl had never , that i know of been turned in before , but she was scared to death of cps workers at the hospital. I saw a newslink today on the internet , and noticed that within their secret society (cps) theyre own also live in fear , its like a cult and if a worker gets out , and says anything they get them too. Why doesnt some higher government office say it is odd to say the least that workers / ex- workers are afraid of their own . Thats scary , and it tells us a lot . also I posted on the websites board , i think everyone should look at the lawsuit , this grandmother , it seems found away to sue cps here , and add people to HER case with their OWN personal evidence , i contacted her , and am waiting for response.

kiroma

Postby kiroma » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 pm

I wonder what the rule is on talking to the hospital social workers, it seems to me that they are the worst sort of accusers like even a stupid cold is somehow the parents fault.

KDus

Postby KDus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Social workers were like vultures circling when our babies were born. You could hear the desperation when they would ask how things were going. I could tell they were secretly wishing for the slightest hint of a problem.

Mandated reporting creates a damned if you do-damned if you don't, catch-22, that increases risk to children when parents are afraid to get help for a child. I wish I be more specific, but my case is still open.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”