My Story is Ridiculous....

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jujuchi

My Story is Ridiculous....

Postby Jujuchi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Im a mother of 3 who had my children taken away based on false pretenses. I have been fighting for my children for 5 months now. Ive hired now my second attorney, (averaging now to over $11,000 in fees) and now am awaiting trial.

My story is odd. I am a single mother raising 3 children in a very poor community. I was working 9-5 and head of household. I was sending my children to what they call, a "head start" program. They call it a school, I call it a daycare. When I came down on some tough times...I went to the social services department to request for rental assistance where I was denied. My children all came down with a stomach virus that was going around school and then I was subsequently fired for being out of work more than in. I then went back to social services to request for assistance and was denied again. I had to return all my furniture to save money and purchased air mattresses until I could afford real beds. Somehow, (even though they always say they cant tell you who called CPS on you) the school contacted social services because my son was eating a muffin on the way to school and he got some blueberry stains. They of course said that I sent my kids to school "dirty" and assumed that my children did not have baths.

They came to my house, I denied them twice for having the lack of credentials to enter my home, and then they came with a piece of paper with a xeroxed judges signature to enter my home with the police which I allowed. They then gave me an option to either turn over my children, go to a friends house (like I had friends that could take me and 3 kids...right? lol) or to go to a homeless shelter. So, trying to avoid any altercation, I went. The shelter was filthy. People were smoking weed outside and I felt that it was not a safe environment for my children so I told them I wanted to take my children to my mother's house. They did not allow me. So of course, I asked why and then the next thing I know this heathen snatched up my two youngest boys (twins) and then my daughter. I stood up in horror and disbelief that this was happening to me when two officers jumped on me, pinned me to the ground and handcuffed me and shackled me because the worker felt "threatened" by my reaction. So then they sent me to a mental hospital where I had to stay for 5 days against my will, pumped with mind altering drugs and was released once my family spoke of pressing criminal charges for kidnapping.

My children were in foster care for 3 months, missing Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I am only allowed to see them for 2 hours a month. My mother finally won guardianship of my children for the duration of the case because my children were not well taken care of. My sons contracted ringworm and my daughters teeth were falling out weekly because her teeth were never brushed. Her hair was never done, and she did not smell clean. I pointed this out to my attorney and then when it raised in court they tried to pin the ringworm on me. (Even though I did not have them in my possession for 3 months).

Then it was the "concern" that my children were never evaluated for the Autism Spectrum Disorder. (Which was not true) They stated it in like it was a FACT in court saying "Ms. ___ neglected her children's autism and this is why they are developmentally delayed." When I presented in court that my children were not diagnosed with autism, they then said, "According to our records, Ms.__ did not have her children up to date with their immunizations." Which also was not true because their records were from their old pediatrician, who changed offices. When it was presented that they WERE up to date with their shots, they then stated that my sons had bruises all over their backs when they entered the departments care, where they were wrong AGAIN because my sons were born with blue spots all over their backs and feet.

So now they are saying that they don't want to give me additional visitation or unsupervised visitation because they feel that I am in denial about my "mental status" and that my "mental status" is what had my children sleeping on air mattresses. While in the hospital I was diagnosed with a "situational depression" and "mood disorder", yeah which usually happens when your heart is ripped right out from you. They have placed my name in the National Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect (which I had to step back from nursing school because I would have to deal with children) These people seriously ruined my life. My children are upset and confused as to why I have to leave all the time and why they cant see me. My daughter actually thinks im away on business (sad face)

But Im so ready for this trial. I am suing the HELL out of everybody when this is over because I was just a mother trying to cut corners in this day and age of recession to save money to survive since the department of social services refused to help me in my families desperate plea for help.

I hope to everyone that is going though this, will know that I will be signing up for law school just so that I could fight these monsters who destroy our young children.

frankchapter37

Re: My Story is Ridiculous....

Postby frankchapter37 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 pm

I believe you. I am rooting for you to win a very large award from these soulless people.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 am

I believe you too. What a horrible ordeal.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 pm

It isn't hard to believe what you have posted. CPS is fuzzy law.

Stay strong.

greco

Postby greco » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 am

I believe you, my sister is in a similar situation. We have court this incoming Wednesday, March 16, stay strong and don"t let them win. A castle built on false bases will finally collapse.

betty bop

Postby betty bop » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:35 am

Cps is crooked and it is high time they were stopped . I hope you win and sue the crap outta them . Get every dime you can and then leave the state because they will always hound you even after you sue them . they hounded me right up until the kids were 18. Yeah some stupid teacher called on me saying my daughter had a stained uniform shirt she was eating on her way to school as well . Then the dopes interview my oldest who is bi polar and not taking meds (on choice by her ) and she is 22 at this point and says yeah my sister and brother are being abused . My lawyer tore them up on that one , You should have seen the look on that workers face when she realized she had taken the word of someone who is bi polar . I wanted to laugh at her so bad dont you know . I wish you luck and God bless you and your children and you sue the snot outta them .

WandaHatesUs

Postby WandaHatesUs » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:45 pm

They did something similar to us. My husband and I do not have mental development issues or diseases or anything and nothing runs in our family except good genetics and extreme intelligence. My dad worked actually was a rocket scientist. When my mother in law made up stories and had my son taken away from us, they has this screener come out to the caregivers' home and try to say my son had all of these developmental issues. BULL. SH*T! He's ahead of everyone his age. They based this on the fact that a 2 year old was unable to cut with scissors! What kind of f'ing moron gives a 2 year old scissors anyway? I never would let a toddler use scissors unless it was safety scissors and highly supervised and for his age, I just didn't see a point in that. He can do 150 piece puzzles on his own and that is a perfectly safe learning activity. In daycare, he was always moved from the class his age to the class that was for one year older of kids than him because the cirriculum of his age group bores him and does not keep him engaged. Not that I'm an expert but since we found ourselves involved with this stupid system unfairly, we found out that CPS is NOTORIOUS for trying to set everyone up with programs and ultimately the parents have to pay for it or CPS gets government grants for it if your family is poor and they end up paying for this. Our case was never supposed to have even happen but each time we went to court, they would say some dumb thing like they had to continue it to locate more evidence. Evidence being proof that my son was enrolled in daycare prior to them snatching him. My MIL made us seem like we'd been home laying around for months drunk on the couch neglecting our son. My lawyer insisted that we could call the daycare right in the middle of court and and prove them all wrong and of course they wouldn't do it because they didn't want to be made into looking like fools. CPS seems to be all about trying to make completely normal and even exceptionally intelligent kids look like they have mental disorders or delays in development so they can get extra funding that helps no one but their pockets. CPS is probably one of the few organizations still in business when the economy is bad. We found out they get federal grant money for every child they adopt out between age zero and 6years. It's disgusting. I don't know if that's true but I certainly would not find it hard to believe.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:57 am

Believe it, its' true.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

thatboysonfire

Postby thatboysonfire » Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi . Just a few words of encouragement. Good luck on your suit! They need to be set straight for once! I personally know what your going threw as I have been there. They think their God! I lost 2 children then when I had my 3rd they sent my ex worker, who is now an investigator to investigate. Should be rules on that too being I have said some foul things to her!!!!! However its beyond believing 'cause I know how dirty they can be! I pray and wish you great luck on defeating them no count losers! Its as if they have nothing better to do & no life of their own! They need to be after the real child abusers! God bless! :D

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 am

So a dollar ten muffin ended up costing you a one hundred thousand percent markup?
(geeze...just when you think you've got a handle on the high cost of living)

- no disprespect intended - except directed at the fools that can't handle a kid's.....well,
just being a kid.
It's like no matter what you do....a boobeytrap gets tripped somehow. Like a war zone.
(homeland protection?) sure.

I'm sure hoping that all that investment in law stands you in good stead.

["Then it was the "concern" that my children were never evaluated for the Autism Spectrum Disorder. (Which was not true) They stated it in like it was a FACT in court saying "Ms. ___ neglected her children's autism and this is why they are developmentally delayed." ]
.....would this not be the hand of Big Pharma getting it's greedy, greasy fingers in on the action? I'd say if your kids are "delayed" in any way - it's only from the trauma perpetrated upon them by state intervention.
- and of course, the fact that no-one knows your kids better than you do.

Why was it, if they would have allowed you to go to a friend's house in the beginning - they wouldn't allow you instead to take your children to your mother's house? I mean - that's their maternal grandmother. I don't get it.
What I do get is that the supposed state-sanctioned "shelter" was unsuitable.
(that part seems to have served as the tipping point: like air matresses in your own home are somehow worse than a gov't-provided weed-whacked environment?)

I dunno - in this day and age of digital photography...is it not possible to record the obvious evidence? like before and after pictures...that could prove your children were better cared for by you, than after the state gets their hooks into them?

It wasn't mental status that had your kids sleeping on air mattresses - how about illness-related job loss and recessionary conditions? (only Wall Street bankers get bailed out though...) The ones whose loose change in their pockets could have helped you avoid this whole pile of crap entirely.

I sure hope you are ready for this trial. And that you can sue the hell out of them - especially the twice denial over social assitance help right up at the top of the list. I'm sure de-housing you is part of their game plan to get your kids.

Yeah, your story is ridiculous...to everyone but the trough-slop hogs that feed off gov't largesse and your misfortunes.
Good luck and give 'em hell !
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”